The service was beyond incredible, the staff couldn't do enough for you and the front desk called more than once during my stay to ensure I had everything I needed. From the moment you arrive you are waited on hand and foot and greeted at the shuttle with a cool, damp towel and with champagne the moment you enter the lobby. This was my first Christmas on my own after 36 years so it was nice to be surrounded by caring people who never once made me feel uncomfortable for traveling alone. I also liked the security of it being a gated resort.
The rooms were as beautiful, luxurious, and clean as they appear to be on their website. The robe and even slippers were a very nice, and appreciated touch.
The beach wait staff were incredible and remembered your beverage preference as well as your name. I couldn't have sat any further down the beach without leaving the resort yet Felipe and Karina made the trek regularly out to serve me.
I'm not a swimmer so the fact that there were rocks and seaweed in the water didn't impact me as the beach was always raked clean throughout the day.
The food was alright, not what I would consider 5 star, I never had a hot meal, just luke warm, but the incredible service made up for that. It was great to not have to make reservations for any of the restaurants and most often I was seated immediately or after a minimal wait.
I only went to one of the evening shows and it wasn't great either, but the live bands after the shows were very good. I am a fairly generous tipper and the staff were most gracious and appreciative, they didn't seem to expect it. I would definitely return to this resort. For the type of vacation I was looking for, rest and relaxation, it was absolutely perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos