We stayed at SSS from Oct.11 through Oct. 20 celebrating our 13th anniversary. We had a fantastic room in the Preferred Club overlooking the beach and infinity pool. Our room was always cleaned with plenty of fresh towels. The mini fridge was stocked daily with beer, water, and soft drinks. On the table, they provided mini bottles of vodka, scotch and rum along with some snack food and candy. Our bed and tub was decorated with rose petals the evening of our anniversary.
The eight pools were nice. We spent most of our time by the main pool, but also enjoyed the infinity pool. The number of pools allowed for you to be involved with the activities at the main pool or find a quiet pool to relax.
The food was very good and I can't say we had a bad meal. The breakfast buffet had something for everyone. I suggest trying the green juice. We had a chance to eat at every restaurant and enjoyed them all. I think we had our best meal at Bordeaux. Our server, who has worked at SSS since it opened, was the best. He would do anything you asked. My wife is mostly vegetarian and was thrilled to find a vegetarian item on every menu. We also really enjoyed Himitsu. We ate lunch at Seaside Grill and Oceania where the fish was always excellent. Occasionally, we would eat lunch at the Barefoot Bar where they server burgers, chicken, etc. We didn't feel the portions were small. There was plenty of food available all day that you could never go hungry. Room service is also available.
We scheduled a romantic dinner on the beach. I think everyone should try this one evening. The dinner and service were fantastic. The service provided by Antonio and Francisco ("Pancho Queso") was over the top. You get to pick your menu when you book the dinner and they will modify the menu to accommodate your needs.
We took a lot of $1 and $5 bills for tipping. The tip was appreciated but never expected. We enjoy great service and didn't mind tipping. The staff works really hard to make your stay great.
We liked the small size and adults only features of this resort. SSS is close to the airport so you are enjoying the resort shortly after landing. The beach is nice, but not great. We prefer the pool so this wasn't an issue for us.
The entertainment staff is great. There is a show every evening followed by live music after the show each night.
While the entire staff is great, I need to recognize a few that made our trip special.
Karina - Drinks by the pool.
Josh - Hosted a great Tequila tasting class.
Juan("Valdez") - Breakfast with a smile.
Estephanie and Artyno (I'm not sure I have the correct spelling - Teppianyaki chef) - Kitchen tour.
Victor - Pool bar.
Israel - Porter.
This is our second Secrets resort vacation. Our last stay was at Secrets Capri a few years back. We like SSS better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos