Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
$552
$232
$204
Official Site
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$263
$178
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$317
$208
$541
Cancelon
11,742 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffsilver sandsel patiopreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortspartial ocean view
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Junior swim out suite/honeymoon review (short version)

Food-Delicious, either almost gourmet or applebees (not real gourmet food, but SUPER clean and up to healthy standard). Portions smaller than american meals, but if you cannot find enough food to eat per day, then you have a problem with overindulgence. Three meals a day, room service is included in that. You just give the restaurant your room number and leave when you are done eating (please tip though...) You get unlimited snacks (they do not ask your room number), out by the pool. Husband and I thought this was preferred club for two days. It's not, so don't be shy. ALSO- We drank the ice and the water (not bottled) at the restaurants (likely filtered). Never once got sick. I rarely ate seafood though and we brushed our teeth with bottled water.

Service-housekeeping: very clean, TAKES FOREVER to finish a room and it's very inconvenient. It screwed up our plans most of the time and we never knew when they were coming. If we were stuck in a downpour in our swimsuits then we were screwed (that happened once). Eats up vacation time, honestly, but it's VERY, VERY clean. Saw a lady (manager maybe?) yell at poor housekeeping lady for taking too long in our room upon observation of us waiting (we didn't complain to her about it). Front desk guy-super nice at check-in, kind of rude and snobby other times we dealt with him after that. Americans have their butts kissed at this resort, but you can tell we are disliked. But honestly, Americans were the rudest guests there. It's Mexico and Americans just expected the service to speak English. All lines from staff "it's my pleasure", etc. extremely rehearsed. You can tell the staff are doing all that they can to stomach rude Americans. Made me want to say "I know it's totally rude that I don't speak Spanish and expect you to know english, but please don't hate me." Also, waiter at the japanese restaurant sold us a bottle of barefoot wine (normally under $10) for $31 when they said they were out of the wine we originally ordered...it was our last night and my husband was too nice to say, no that is cheap wine, but they try to push wine (not from the bar) on you at all of the restaurants without letting you know that you can just order a drink (inclusive) from the bar WITH your dinners.
Beach-I will not return per the beach is not good. North Myrtle beach is more natural than this place and that's not saying a lot. YOU CANNOT SWIM IN THE OCEAN. SEAWEED, MURKY, ROCKY
Weather- RESEARCH WEATHER/CLIMATE AHEAD OF TIME! DO NOT GO IN SEPTEMBER!! RAINED THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AND WAS EXTREMELY BORED. MOST EXCURSIONS DON'T WORK OUT WHEN IT RAINS OR YOU WILL JUST BE WET. ROAD ARE ALSO NOT SAFE WHEN IT RAINS AND FLOODS.
Activities-I was bored when it rained. The resort has an entertainment staff, which can be entertaining, but I tried to avoid them at all costs because it was very uncomfortable. They are being paid (not their faults...) to be extremely rehearsed with ALL of their interactions and I felt like they must have been on crazy amounts of redbull. They make women shake their breasts during water volleyball if they mess up a serve so that they can go again and say "shakey-shakey".

Overall-very relaxing, is great for a 3-4 night trip. Boring for anything longer than that, especially, if it rains. You can tell the staff is either terrified of losing their jobs or get paid A LOT to be over the top to all of the guests, but I'm pretty sure Americans get on their nerves...which a lot of Americans there were kind of rude, but oblivious to it. But yeah...not going back because although it was very beautiful and great for partying, I LOVE the ocean and just felt like everything was too commercialized,man-made, rehearsed. It was worth the money, and I think most people who like to party and drink would like it, but I like lower key things. My husband LOVED IT and did not want to leave. He loved everything about it.

please watch this because it helped us feel better about going-

2  Thank NatalieKS86
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear NatalieKS86,

We appreciate you have taken the time to write such a detailed overview of your stay in our paradise and your experience in our Resort.

Thank you for your kind comments about the food, we are glad to know that you had enjoyed the portions, availability and quality. We are also glad to know that you were satisfied with the services provided from our staff during gateway.

We apologize for the discomfort caused by the waiting time for your suite to be cleaned. We have given your feedback to our house keeping department who will take your feedback in consideration to improve their service. It is important to mention that due to the weather conditions experienced during your period of stay our house keeping staff took extra precautions on the level of cleanliness of the suites and areas in general. We appreciate your understanding on this matter, as our goal was to provide an exceptional service for our guests’ comfort.

It is important to mention that we are aware that are other areas of the Caribbean that offer different beautiful beach areas, however we would like to comment that we believe we are located on a privileged area, just meters away of the second largest coral reef barrier in the world and a protected national area. This offers our guests fantastic snorkeling and diving experiences. We are unable to control the amount of seaweed that comes to our beach since this is a natural process however we keep our beach area on perfect conditions for our guests to enjoy, and our servers are always happy to cater our guests so you can enjoy a relaxing gateway. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.

We truly expect to have a second opportunity to host back on a different season so you can enjoy your stay fully. Again thank you for your comments as you had provided us with details that we will consider to improve our service levels.

Warm Regards,

Gina Orefice
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Secrets was spectacular. We stayed 8/26/13 thru 9/1/13. Our room had a great view of the ocean. The place was very clean and you never heard the grounds crew or cleaning crew. Every morning started at the coffee shop greeted by the smiling faces of Irma and her partner. The meals were the best we have experienced at the 10 all-inclusives we have visited. Hugo greeted us every morning with a smile at the breakfast buffet. The entertainment crew kept the guests involved and entertained. Dulce and Marianna would gladly go the extra mile to make sure you were having fun. The entertainment crew worked 16 hours a day, 6 days a week and were always smiling. This was a credit to their manager Eduardo who was involved in daily activities. Xavier at the main pool bar was an excellent bar tender and always happy to serve you. Tipping a dollar or two is much appreciated by these workers.

Great place for lots of relaxation and fun.

Needless to say, we will be returning!

Room Tip: Go for an Ocean View room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn A
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This resort lived up to all our expectations. I read all the reviews on here and they were rather accurate.

The food here is fantastic. Anyone who doesn't like it does not get out much. Every meal was of gourmet quality. Kudos to the chefs at this resort.

The staff are much like food. Great attitudes and personalities alike. We enjoyed all of them.

The room was amazing. We stayed in 4416 and I will ask for this room every time we return.

The 'adults only' was a first for us and it was much appreciated. There is quite a difference in both the noise level and with the other sociable guests at this type of resort. It is a very happy place.

I can't see my self going anywhere else anytime soon.

Room Tip: Building 4 is great in proximity to everything, but all rooms are considered ocean view (well worth it though).
4  Thank thumper114
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 weeks on an all inclusive deal. The hotel was amazing because of the staff. Our room was lovely , spacious, had a Jacuzzi, large walk in shower. 8 pools, 5 restaurants. Foot was top quality. Staff were EXCEPTIONAL. They couldn't do enough for you. They were all very attentive to our needs. So polite. The hotels spa was a big disappointment though,way way way overpriced. Hence we didn't utilise it. The hotel is a bit out of the way but its worth it when you are there.

2  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm still on could 9 , my husband and I spent our honeymoon here it was so AMAZING ,.
As you reach you feel right at home , you enter and don't want to exit; the staff is well trained and super friendly especially the concierges , they make u feel right at home ; it has a clean and huge pool , and the food DELICIOUS , Portofino restaurant was my favorite :-) ... I will definitely come back for my second honeymoon ;-)

• Stayed: August 2013