“DO NOT BOOK until you read "ALL" of this review.”

Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Secret's Silversands from July 14th to the 25th. The vacation was planned as a “mystery vacation” by our very trusted travel agent who had visited the hotel on a few occasions. With this in mind, I was pleased to find that they were listed as one of the top hotels in the area. As seasoned travelers we had high expectations for our first trip to Mexico considering the various ratings. However, after visiting the resort we have some deep concerns that need to be addressed.

Upon arrival at the resort we were brought down to the Preferred Club for check-in where we were promptly told that our room was to be upgraded. I immediately had concerns, as I am aware that room upgrades are generally for undesirable locations or problematic rooms. My concerns were realized as we entered the room that smelled of mold and mildew. I am acutely aware of the presence of mold, as I am highly allergic. We spent the day trying to air out the smell by running the air conditioning and burning incense. During that time, my breathing became more and more affected. I decided to step out for a dip in the pool. I found it odd that there were no guests in that pool. As I swam the distance of the pool, I realized why. There was human feces that had been scooped from the water and laid on the filter grid. I was absolutely disgusted. I spent the rest of the evening awake as my breathing became more labored and thinking of the days events.

In the morning, we threw the covers of f the bed only to find mold growing on the sheets. This was day one, beginning of day two. We went back to Preferred Club and asked for a room change. We were accommodated, but told that we would have to wait until 4:30 to move into the new room unless we did not want it cleaned. When we arrived at the new room at 6 pm after our tequila tasting, there was a slight smell of mildew in the new room, towels from the previous guests had been left, a used coffee filter was still in the machine and the exterior tub remained uncleaned for the entire stay. We suspected that the room had been hastily cleaned. We were optimistic that things would get better, however they did not.

We began unpacking only to find that our clothes smelled of mildew. Before going to dinner, I took a shower, in water that smelled of sewage. As I ran water into the sink, I noticed the deep yellow color and intense sewage smell. Shortly after that, I developed severe stomach cramping that lasted the entire trip. I was afraid to leave the resort as I thought I may have contracted a case of “Montezuma’s Revenge.” Coincidence? I think not. Fearing the worst, I was tethered to the idea of a nearby bathroom. My fears were realized as I was sick for the following 7 days. The only place we were able to go was Xcaret, which we postponed until the following Monday when the cramping eased and so did my fear of not being close to a restroom.

At this point I will not belabor the moment to moment, so I will list our issues:
The pool overlooking the beach was filthy dirty. Algae was growing in the grout, and the water was extremely cloudy. I don't think the filter ever ran the entire time we were there. One night, I observed the attendant vacuuming the pool with a portable pump, indicating that the filter was not running. The guests referred to it as one of the “pee pools.” Those were the two pools that all the drunk and belligerent guests spent their entire day screaming and yelling. So much for our relaxing beach/pool front vacation. We instead chose to use a pool in another location where the water was cleaner and the atmosphere more sedate.

On July 19th, our anniversary, the staff screwed up our romantic dinner on the beach reservations which had been reserved since mid June. We showed up at 8:30 to find that they had no record of us, even though they took our menu requests and charged the room for the experience. The manager ran around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened. He told us that the desk....not sure which one....never gave him our names.

We were escorted; like criminals; to the Preferred Club desk where they tried to straighten it out, but they gave us a refund because my wife didn't want to celebrate our anniversary another day. Karla was very sweet and could tell we were upset. She said she would send a bottle of wine to the room, which never arrived. We left the desk and went to Rataouille to try to salvage what was left of the night. After being seated, Karla came in and said that they could set up a table for us on the beach. It was getting late and my wife said no. Karla spoke to the manager of the restaurant and they gave us a special menu. They suggested a $52 bottle of wine, and charged us for it at the end of the dinner. At this point, I didn't care.

By the 20th, I suggested to my wife that we leave the resort. In the many years of traveling to destinations all over the world, I had never made such a suggestion like that. I would have preferred to lose the money at this resort and incur the additional expenses to salvage our vacation. She convinced me to stay. We spent nearly $6000 to stay at this resort including our airfare. I am sad to say it was an absolute waste of money.

I have never seen such a highly rated resort take so little concern with cleanliness and attention to detail. Aside from all I have mentioned, we personally observed staff handling food barehanded, the wiping tables with used guest napkins, found hairs in my wife’s pork tacos at El Patio on our last night, and watched staff conduct sewer maintenance during dinner at the Oceana. It seemed as if we could never get a break. I have attached photos as proof of my allegations. The resort staff should be ashamed at the lack of concern for the well being of their guests. They put health at risk and left bad memories that will never be undone.

Upon return home, I immediately wrote to the resort, AM Resorts and GoGo vacations. After nearly 35 emails, the resort offered us $2000 back from the vacation costs. I accepted, but they failed to send the money until GoGo vacations got involved. The process took nearly 2 months to get a refund and the resort is still giving GoGo vacations and our travel agent the run around. It was never about the money. It was about the loss of our vacation. I would never book with Secrets or any other AM Resorts property. One last word of caution. Our credit was stolen while we were at the resort. Be careful when handing out your credit card. Don't let them take it out of your sight. Good luck if you do book Secret's Silversands; you’re taking a big risk with them.

With great displeasure,
Doug Torgersen

Room Tip: Choose another resort. There are far better resorts out there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
47  Thank DougTorgersen
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator/eConcierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Mr. Togersen,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean.
Your feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our service levels.

I know that it is been a while since you wrote here on Trip Advisor but I would like to say that we regret that you felt that way about our Resort. As a seasoned traveler you must know that we are a human company we are not robots. We make mistakes but we take high measures to anticipate all the problems.

Regarding the food, we have high standards and certificates that prove our correct food handle and we have closed bottles of water in all the Resort so nothing is contaminated and also we provide our beloved guest security, like our Security Staff and all of our Suites have a safebox. Everything is to protect you and in this case, your partner.

We have a high rating and your travel agent recommendation for something and that is because we provide an excellent service with perfect quality (Unlimited Luxury). I am truly sorry about this unfortunate incident, and it is our hope that you would accept this note as a genuine apology for falling short of your expectations. We likewise hope that you would be able to overcome with time the disappointment, and give us renewed opportunities to be of service to you.

If that is the case, please contact me directly at info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com to take care of you.

Respectfully,

Aldo Delgado Betancourt
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
Info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (11,043)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I vacationed at Secrets Silversands from August 1 - 12. First impression: Beautiful Resort! The grounds are immaculate. The bell staff, wait staff and housekeeping friendly and extremely accommodating especially Nora and Yessie who were so great serving us at our regular pool. We were never without a drink! Literally! The wait and bar staff inside and out were exceptional! We couldn't have asked for anything better!

The pools were amazing. The beach was beautiful and manicured daily. Not able to swim in the ocean but no surprise here based on what I've read about the swimming at the beach. No fault of Silversands. Just the location. We enjoyed our special pool.

We went to all the restaurants except El Patio. We had breakfast and lunch at the World Café. Breakfast was superb! I am particularly fussy about my eggs but the cook at the grill making the eggs made mine exactly as I wanted it! Amazing! The variety of food, fresh baked bread,etc. wonderful! You could not ask for anything else! We ate at Portifino once. They were very gracious after I ordered a pasta dish that wasn't to my liking. They made me something off the menu and gave my husband a second serving of Osso Buco as he had already finished his first!

We went to Himitsu 5 times including the hibachi. Our last night at Silversands they made us a special duck dinner with a wonderful tempura sushi. The tempura ice cream dessert was to die for! All in all, food was fine.

Now for the not so good: There was a disconnect when it came to concierge service. We were in the preferred club and frankly, they were not at the top of their game. We had an issue, the nature of which is unimportant, but they seemed befuddled as to how to help us. Management eventually sorted it out. But It was a hassle. For our inconvenience, we were told to come by the Preferred Club as there would be spa comps waiting for us. 2 days later we decided to pick up the comps and were handed a form requiring a signature, the gist of which released Silversands of any liability! This was a form letter! Insulting! Needless to say, we refused to sign and didn't take the comps.

I went to the spa once. My husband went scuba diving that day and I was really looking forward to the spa. I had what was supposed to be the best massage they offer. Frankly, it was just okay. Nothing special. Way overpriced for what they advertise. I had the facial which was nice. Now for the really bad: The Spa Pedicure. Please: first they have one person service you for all the services. Not everyone can do everything. She gave a nice facial but the spa pedicure was horrible! I can get a much better spa pedicure at 20 other placed near my house for less money! All in all, not a great experience for a service they pitch all the time.

Overall, a very good resort with unbelievable staff. We would go back.

Room Tip: Would recommend the Preferred Club upgrade.The suites were spectacular especially the ocean front...
2  Thank Joni G
Management response:Responded September 30, 2013

Dear Joni G,

We thank you for your preference and for the time invested on writing this review. It is an honor to read your description of your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you have particularly enjoyed the service from our bellboy, housekeeping and wait staff. And that specially Nora, Jessie and Liliana (World Café cook) had contributed on making your feel welcome during your visit. Be certain that whey will feel happy to read that you have taken a moment to recognize them on your review and for this we thank you on their behalf.

We are also glad to read that you had enjoyed the food from our restaurants, the grounds and facilities from our resort. It is a an honor being of your liking.

We regret to know that you were not pleased with the service provided at Preferred Club and our spa. We take our guests feedback very seriously and please be certain that your comments had reached or Management and the correct measures to prevent reoccurrences like this will be take place.

It will be a pleasure to have the honor of welcoming you back home soon.

Warm regards from paradise,

Gina Orefice
Social Media Coordinator & E-concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at Secrets Silversands 8/21-8/24. Fantastic trip from start to finish. Check-in was easy and fast. Room ready right away. Low pressure on the time share pitch - we said not interested and that was it. Room, grounds, pools, bars, restaurants all incredible. All staff were friendly, helpful and professional. Someone was always coming around to see if you needed anything. Entertainment staff all have great personality and there were always plenty of activities going on. Never a problem getting a good spot at the pool and walked right in to all restaurants, no waiting, no reservations. The live bands and dj's at night at veranda bar and main lobby made evenings lively and fun. Q We have been to many all inclusives in the area over the years and think that this one combined the best aspects of them all. Food, drinks, service, facilities, amenities, and entertainment all were fantastic. Definitely looking forward to going back in the future.

Room Tip: Building 4 was a great location. View of pools and ocean and close to all.
2  Thank NJ-SunTravelers
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Booked this place after going through 6 months of reviews of a shortlist we'd created. Decided this was getting the most consistent positives.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. I'd upgraded before our trip to a Swim Out room - definitely a must, we had two sun beds for our use, a really nice terraced area and soft mattress. Although I think we were the only people in our block not on a special holiday we were still made to feel special.

The restaurants are out of this world, we were so spoilt for choice. Particularly recommend the French bistro.

We used the Spa fairly regularly - this can get expensive but we managed to get day passes for nearly every day we were there which was really nice as we could just pop in when we felt like it.

The tours are really good but be aware about who you book with - we were on a Virgin holiday and their rep was probably the most expensive.

Will definitely be returning to a Secrets resort!

Room Tip: Take a swim out - ground floor and reserved sun beds. Not sure the preferred club is worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I were here 9/1-9/8 for our honeymoon. Reading the reviews I was a bit worried but we had an absolutely amazing experience. The negative reviews about the food are crazy because it was excellent! The service was a bit slow but since the food was so great, we didn't care. This is what I would say- if you aren't open to trying new things and are a hot dog and Mac and cheese kind of person, you won't like the food. If you like great food, then come here! We loved the sushi so much we went to himitsu twice! We also ate lunch outside at the bar most days. They always had burgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches with fries and nachos. We loved it!

The room was also great and kept clean. We upgraded to the ocean view which was great, but honestly we were barely in there and it wasn't even worth it.

There are several pools and if you're looking for a quieter vacation, there are plenty that are quiet. We personally stayed at the main pool and loved it. The entertainment staff was great and the servers were amazing. They were friendly and remembered what we drank. Xavi in the swim up bar was fantastic and we often went there just because we liked him so much. We brought $200 in small bills and tipped with it and it was perfect.

If you want to be picky enough, you can find something wrong with anything. We're pretty easy going people and while nothing is perfect, we had a great vacation and will definitely recommend secrets to others.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night get-away with my husband to this AMAZING resort, and I'm so excited to write about it! This will be long and detailed – I know (first hand) the research involved in choosing “the perfect” all-inclusive resort, and I appreciate all the details I was able to read, rather than just “opinions”. I hope this will help you all as well.

First off, a little background on us, as that always helps when I read reviews from others....we are a married couple with 2 kids (12 yrs and 19 yrs old). We are 43 yrs. old, and have been to Cancun/Riviera Maya 4 times in the past 2 years. (Secrets Capri, Paradisus Cancun and Omni Cancun and now SSS). We love food, but are not "food snobs" (but boy, we LOVE food!)...we like to "party", but we party like 43 yr olds (as in, we don't party all day or night, but a few hours does the trick and then we go to bed. hahaha) We love to talk and meet people, but we also really want our time alone together (as that's why we came there to begin with...some quality time). So, that's us in a nutshell.

Now, for the review....

1. USE CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM!!!!! We have used them 3 of the 4 times we've travelled to Mexico and they have always been amazing! Call them…why? Because they talked to us, got to know us and our personalities and helped us pick our locations...and NOT COINCIDENTALLY, the 1 time we used someone else was the LEAST liked of all 4. Plus, we have always gotten great deals - we are frugal, but frivolous...as in we got the best room, private transportation (with wine waiting in the car), etc. and when speaking with other guests, we STILL paid the lowest rate in comparison to those in not as good a room and shared transportation, etc.!! I’m telling ya’, CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM is the way to go!

2. Property...Beautiful property! The entrance to the actual facility (security gate up to the lobby door) was nothing to praise, to be honest. However, as soon as you enter the lobby doors - GORGEOUS!! Very modern (which I'm not a fan of...I'm more of a "classic elegance" kind of gal, but still it was just stunning everywhere inside and out on the property). My husband is in construction as well as landscape construction and he mentioned at least twice how impressed he was with the type of plants that were THRIVING on the property (as they take a LOT of maintenance). The 8 pools spread out were perfect for any person - from the wilder party pool by the swim-up bar to the infinity pool that was quieter and overlooked the ocean to the more romantic private pools spread out elsewhere. The giant whirl pool tub that overlooked the ocean was AMAZING as well.

3. Beach/Ocean...Okay, I have read the reviews on this...and let me preface this with the fact that my husband and I lived in Hilton Head Island, SC as well as Miami FL for years, and we are "beach people" as well as “ocean lovers” (owned boats in the past, spent every weekend in the water, etc.)...but I do NOT get the complaints from everyone. The ONLY "complaint" I would understand (but still not agree with) is that you need to wear water shoes. But, it is TOTALLY swimmable - we went snorkeling out there ourselves! Just suck it up and wear water shoes, for Pete’s sake! And, though the color of the water isn't that "turquoise" that you see at the Cancun hotel zone, I HONESTLY thought the view/look of the ocean here was BREATHTAKING compared to most! Why? Because I prefer seeing a "break" in the water....seeing the beautiful pier and the rocks poking up through the water and the waves crashing against them was GORGEOUS compared to "just water" for as far as you can see. We spent every day out on the beach laying out rather than by the pool because the view was beautiful. And every morning, we RAN on the beach (a little over a mile), in our running shoes, and we had NO TROUBLE running on it...and we are NEW runners, so we really don't "get" the complaints about it. We loved it and thought it was beautiful.

4. All-Included Activities...TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM! This is the 4th all-inclusive trip we've taken and yet its the 1st time we ever took advantage of these awesome opportunities! We tried the Hobie Cat and absolutely fell in love with it! (enough to do it over and over again). Alfredo was gracious enough to teach us how to "drive" it, and then he went a step further and took us out to a nearby reef and allowed us time to go snorkeling...it was our own private snorkeling trip!! Beyond AWESOME!!!! The kayaks are great….as Alfredo said, “kayak to get the arms and abs worked out then finish with a run on the beach” – now THAT is the ultimate paradise fitness program!! And its all included! No extra $$!!!

5. Room...I keep saying "amazing", but it was!! The bed was so comfortable, the AC was perfect (though I did bring a little fan to set on my nightstand, not so much for the air, but the noise - where we were it was so quiet I needed that constant hum from the fan blades). We had an ocean front room and the view was phenomenal. There was so much space in our room we didn't know what to do with it! Housekeeping was fantastic at keeping it all clean. And the bath supplies - WOW!!!! We have been looking for over a year (from Secrets Capri) to find a lotion that smells like theirs, but we just can't find its equal! HEAVENLY!!! Bed was so comfortable…we couldn’t remember the last time we slept so well (and we have an expensive Tempurpedic at home!)

6. Spa...My favorite area of the whole resort. You walk in and the smells immediately calm you and you feel pampered before anyone even greets you! The look of the spa is so tranquil and welcoming...the spa water they have by the coffee is delicious, the fountains everywhere are so calming. The hydrotherapy room and pools are WONDERFUL. Their massages were so good we went back the next day for a repeat! Iris and Elizabeth were AWESOME! Iris massaged my husband and he swears she gave the best massage he had ever gotten in his life (and I’m a massage therapist, so I was offended. Haha). Elizabeth was the first person to ever put me to sleep in a massage, and her facial left my skin so clear and soft – perfect ending to a vacay with sunblock caked in the pores! (she does extractions!! Most spas don't do that). Highly recommend both of those ladies!

7. Food...Okay, this was discussed among several of us on our vacation to Silversands - actually it was joked about. No offense to those who complained about the food, but people were laughing saying that the complainers were probably related to Mr and Mrs Howell from Giligan's Island or they were named Muffy and Buffy or something...and way too "above" the likes of Secrets Silversands! Why did we all say this? Because the food....was....AMAZING!!!!!! And it was prepared so pretty that we took pictures of every course of every meal (well, that is when we remembered…the smell and look of each dish had us very excited to eat, so sometimes I forgot!) NO RESERVATIONS!!!! (for any restaurant!) That was fantastic! We loved the freedom to just relax our whole trip and eat when we felt like it, rather than when we were “scheduled to eat”.
Portofino - We loved our dinner there. Felix was a great waiter and he recommended XA Cabernet with our meal and it was delicious. The décor was so romantic. The lighting was perfect, the tables were separated enough for romantic privacy. Great restaurant!
Wine Tasting/Bordeaux – This was the only reservation we had to make. Its only offered 1 time a week (I believe) and YOU GOTTA DO THIS!!! Juan Jose (manager of Portofino) was in charge of the wine tasting. This was done in the wine cellar at Bourdeaux. WOW. Seriously….WOW! First off the wine cellar is so cool. Even the entrance as you’re going in, you feel like you are going into an actual cellar. One lone table shows the exclusivity of it all (sign up for it as soon as you arrive! Use the coupons you get at check-in! Do NOT miss this once a week opportunity at this resort!) A slide show presentation educated us on the benefits of wine, how it started (from Bible times to present), the cultures around it, the environment/climate that grapes grow in and how it effects the taste…a REAL lesson in wine, not just “tasting”. Then, they brought out different foods to taste the different wines with them – we were taught “how” to full appreciate the taste of each wine (from the legs going down the glass, to the aroma and the color, etc.) It was a delicious and educational experience and Juan Jose ROCKED it!!! Mexican wine is quite delicious!
Bourdeaux – We really didn’t have a desire to eat here, simply because “French food” didn’t appeal to us. However, everyone kept saying, “you HAVE to eat there!” so we decided to give it a try. Boy are we glad we did!! We have no idea if it was because they knew/saw us there earlier that day for the wine tasting, or if it was “the special” of the night or what…but we had the most delicious dinner there! We got a “sampling” of 3 different salads/appetizers, 3 different soups, and 3 main course samplings as well! I can’t remember the names of the salads (but one had goat cheese and “ash” around it and it was DELICIOUS!!!), but the soups were French onion, lobster bisque and one other and the main course was shrimp, filet mignon and smoked salmon. Oh wow. Mouth-watering awesomeness. Our waiter (I think his name was Aachaio) took such great care of us…paired wines up with each course (just like the wine tasting). We were so glad that we decided to try this one out! This was definitely a favorite!
Himitsu – We opted to eat at a private table rather than do the “hibachi show” with the chef cooking in front of you. It was very very good. It was equal to (if not better) than my favorite restaurants back home with this style of food. Very tasty. I don’t eat sushi, but my husband does and he loved his. We were very happy with our food here, as well as the décor. It just wasn’t our “favorites” so I’m not gushing about it.
El Patio – Shockingly, this was our other favorite. Because we’ve lived in Texas the past 8 years, we weren’t going to eat at the “Mexican” restaurant this trip. However, we had met Daniel (the manager at El Patio) at the wine tasting (he helped Juan Jose and he does the tequila tastings), and he invited us to eat at his restaurant, saying he’d “take care of his new friends and we wouldn’t be sorry”. So, we decided to give it a try. We walked in and the décor was GORGEOUS! The indoor tree with lighted hearts and other lighted glass hanging from it was so romantic and beautiful! The seats were perfect with the décor, but also the most comfortable of all the seats in the resort. Daniel remembered us by name and escorted us to our table and spent time talking to us. Then, after talking to us, he said he’d decided what our menu was going to be and he and Alonzo (our waiter) absolutely served us up the most DELICIOUS MEAL EVER! The appetizer was a scrumptious cheese/chicken/beef fondue that was made in front of us in a stone bowl. It was amazing. Our main course was filet and salmon with a special “mole” seasoning (I think that’s what he called it). It was great as well. Then, Daniel himself made our dessert…OH….MY….GOSH…Flaming strawberries jubilee served on coconut ice cream, made “his special way”…this was so good, my husband and I LITERALLY teared up when we tasted it. (and that has NEVER happened to us before) My mouth is watering just typing about it! Daniel, Alonzo and El Patio was AMAZING.
Oceana – Very good lunch. The view outside was gorgeous and the breeze from the ocean plus our tasty meal made it a perfect lunch for us.
Seaside Grill – Eh…this wasn’t so great. It wasn’t the food, the food was good. But, I went with a basic salad because the menu was very limited in choices for me. What I ordered was great, and the atmosphere and service were great too. Just didn’t care for the menu.
World Café – We ate here for breakfast everyday. And we LOVED it! We appreciate a good buffet, and this was a GREAT buffet! The Verde (green) juice was DELICIOUS!!!! (catus, celery, spinach and pineapple) There was a smoothie bar as well as chefs cooking special ordered omlettes. Every morning I was very happy to eat there and never got tired of the buffet options.

8. Service – I cannot imagine better service anywhere else than a Secrets resort. I have only been to 4 resorts in Mexico (two of them being Secrets), but I have travelled all over the USA…and there has been NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to the amazing service you get at Secrets (Silversands and Capri). If you want to be treated like royalty, this is where to go. The staff here is GENUINELY happy to serve you. I have never seen managers of any restaurant SO PROUD of their staff and their food. Their attitude just invites you into every area of the resort. Daniel at El Patio and Juan Jose at Portofino are seriously IN LOVE with their jobs and their staff…they ALWAYS say, “it is my pleasure” when they serve you. When you walk into the resort for the first time, they smile and say, “Welcome HOME”. If the people who work at Secrets and served us are unhappy, then they deserve academy awards for such great acting. Because we truly believed they were enjoying us as much as we were enjoying them.

9. Nightlife – GREAT nightlife! We saw the Urban Show (breakdancing, dance battles, etc.) and LOVED it. My husband rolled his eyes when I said “lets go watch it” – and within 10 minutes he was tweeting about how great it was. The lounge bar outside with the live music was so fun and “chill” – everyone talking to everyone and having a good time. My husband had gone to bed and I went down alone. I never one time felt like the “loner at the bar”. Everyone was having such a great time and were so quick to include me in it all. The band was GREAT! Dancing, singing along. Yes, it all stops at 1:00, but I’m 43…I had gone to bed way before then anyways! I think the atmosphere at night is perfect for those who just want to get away and have fun, those of us who do NOT still “party all night/sleep all day”…for those of you who go to bed early, get a room away from the middle of the resort. Our room was ocean front and we heard NOTHING. I spoke with people who were staying in the “lower price” rooms that were garden view or pool view and they heard NOTHING. So, really this place CAN accommodate every style of person, and I believe the staff WANTS to accommodate you, so just let them know!

All in all, this is my favorite vacation place in all my 43 years, with Secrets Capri a close 2nd. You can NOT go wrong with any Secrets resort. We are so excited to go back…and bring our friends and family! Thank you, Secrets Silversands…we WILL see you SOON!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank 36HeatherH
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here after our stay at the Royal Playa Del Carmen was very nice place .food was great at all the restaurants .The service was awesome people are wonderful would recommend the Secrets resorts for all couples

Room Tip: Would stay in the preferred club next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
#6 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!