We went here for our honeymoon August 11 - 18, 2013.
Oceanview room - AMAZING
jacuzzi bathtub - AMAZING
Food - AMAZING
Pools - AMAZING
all the staff trying to sell us things - POOR
first we get there are handed champagne and a cool cloth, amazing! We get right in with a check in agent, everything is great. He upsells us to upgrade our room to an oceanview suite, we are fine with that so we do the upgrade, and from there on out every staff member tried to sell us any and everything they can. The all inclusive dinners are GREAT, however beware, they have a special every night and if you get the special it costs you. They also give you a wine list and none of those wines are included. They tried to sell us a $50,000 (that is right $50,000) package to be a lifetime member. They tried to sell us on every excursion and when we decided to rent our own car and go on our own excursions, they made us feel guilty about this.
The facility is AWESOME!!!! Please just be prepared and do not let the sales vultures get you. This was the perfect honeymoon spot with out all the sales pitches. I read reviews before our trip about the sales vultures and it was worse than I imagined. However, the resort is AMAZING!!!!! No complaints about the food, the room, the housekeeping, the friendliness, only the continual sales pitches.
Would recommend to a friend, but I would give them tips. Rent your own car and drive yourself to all the places. It is 1 highway and everything is EASY to find, this is much cheaper. You can rent a car for $50 a day at Avis right in the hotel. A Taxi anywhere is $25 one way. Cheaper to rent a car for the day.
If you are headed here, you will LOVE it!! just have your shield up and be ready to say NO from the get go! Happy travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos