“Great time with great entertainers & staff”

Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great time with great entertainers & staff”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved my stay here. We went with two wedding parties, so 14 of us in total, and we were all very well accommodated as a group. The food was all delicious, the alcohol flowed freely and was good quality, not just cheap stuff.

Most importantly, enough can't be said about how friendly the staff was! 1 bummer was that it happened to rain for most of 2 days during our stay which closed down the pools and all outdoor events, but the entertainment staff came out in force and made fun group games, got people interacting, and for me made 1 of those rainy days the best day of the trip where I met friends we spent the rest of the trip with.

2 particular employees remain in my mind from those days, Mariana and Estefani. Those two ladies were so entertaining and engaging that when I think of why I want to go back, they'll be the two I think of.

The spa was alright, the main relaxation was to be had in the Hydrotherapy circuit so be sure and do that before your massage. My friends had mixed reviews on massages, but most were good. I get massages frequently and Laura there gave me the best swedish massage I've ever had in my life. It felt like she found knots in my back that had been hiding in there for years.

As others have posted, this resort is not a crazy night life resort, closing down about 1 am but honestly I was so exhausted from spending the whole day doing activities and enjoying the beach and swimming and drinking that I had no problem going to bed shortly after that. If you do want a later night, we never had any problems taking the party to our room for a few more hours, although they will only bring beer to your room.

The only real complaint I had was how early they closed down the pools. they close at 7 or 8, which I was pretty unhappy about. I love to sit in the pool on a beautiful night with friends enjoying the stars but sadly that wasn't an option.

Overall I would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Get a swimout near the infinity pool. It's a much better experience and view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ramsethorn
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Ramsethorn,

We thank you for your preference and for the time invested on writing this wonderful review. It is an honor to read that you had enjoyed the quality of our food, premium drinks, the Secrets Spa by Pevonia and the service from our staff. We had truly enjoyed reading through your review and know that Mariana and Estefany had made a good impression on you. Please be certain that both of them have received your compliments and we thank you on their behalf.

We look forward to welcome you back home in the future so you can enjoy another wonderful stay with us!

Warm regards from the paradise!

info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,110)
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our second time at this resort. I give it highest marks all around for secrets resorts. From the restaurants to all the bars serving your favorite drinks. Generous on the alcohol drinks. Fantastic entertainment every night. You actually need a vacation after taking one from here because there is always something happening to keep you busy. Recommend coming back again. Great staff. Wonderful well taken care of grounds and landscaping. Beaches are cleaned daily too.
Will be back again that is certain.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Batinthehat13
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Batinthehat13,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed a wonderful stay. Thank you for your time to share this experience.

We are overjoyed to know that you have enjoyed the staff service and the activities.
We will be waiting for your sooner return.

Kind Regards,

Karla Martinez
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The night manager Oscar really left me with a bad feeling about SSS and that's the reason for my lower rating. Secrets Silversands is a great resort if you wish to relax and have early evenings. When we first arrived we were promptly greeted and provided with champagne. Our rooms were ready as soon as we arrived at 1pm and we were able to immediately head to our rooms and change. We had a group of 26 that came to celebrate a 30 year business celebration. Secrets upgraded all of our rooms and some of us to ocean front. We were actually upgraded to a Master Suite, as were my future in-laws as a courtesy of our celebration and the fact that they are Unlimited Vacation Club members. The first night at the resort was wonderful. We arrived Thursday, August 8th. My fiancée and I had dinner at the French Restaurant in which the food and the services were phenomenal. Later in the evening, we attended the show, which was a rock-n-roll bit of old classics. On Saturday evening the hotel made special accommodations for our group to have a private dinner. We were going to be outside but upon the threat of rain were quickly moved to the French restaurant which was closed that night. For an added upgraded cost we were served a dinner of Ceasar Salad, Soup, Filet and Lobster Tail, Crème Brule (food was superb). A piano player came in to play for our group and was phenomenal, taking whatever requests we asked for him to play. Everything else about the resort was lovely as well. The grounds were very pretty and well maintained. The Master Suite we were upgraded to was beautiful, as it faced the seaside. Our maid, Silvia, did an excellent job of keeping our room clean, and room service was exceptionally good as they were able to make a special order of food for me. The staff was very friendly and we were always greeted with a smile and prompt assistance.

Although I thought the majority of our experience at this resort was positive there was one incident that occurred during our stay that would detour me in returning as a younger customer. If you are looking to be up past 1:00 this is NOT the resort for you! All the bars close at 1:00 A.M. as well as all the pools and hot tubs. One of the evenings, 8 people from our group decided to go to the hot tub around 1:30 A.M. not realizing that this was the hotels policy. After about 5 minutes at the hot tub, security informed us we were not allowed to be there. We requested to speak with the night manager. The night manager, Oscar, was brought out and informed us that the hotel policy stated that guests were not allowed in the pools at night because they dose the pools and hot tubs with a large amount of chemicals. As a group, we decided to return to my room to hang out as I had a master suite and there were no other places that were open for us to go. We arrived to my room and after about 5 minutes there was a knock on my door. Upon opening it, the night manager Oscar and a few security guards were at our door. The manager stated we were not allowed to have more than 2 guests in our room at the time and indicated that everyone in the room had to leave. Upon asking the reason, he indicated that he did not want us to disturb any of the other hotel guests and as a preventive measure, before a complaint was filed, he was requiring us to ask our friends to return to our rooms. Furthermore, he said that if we did not comply, he would be calling the police to remove us from the hotel. (Keep in mind, we were on the fourth floor, which means he had to follow us up to our room to realize we had guests there). I have NEVER been treated with such utter disrespect at a resort and felt like I was being treated like a child.
The next day we met with the general manager. He was very approachable and was very genuine and concerned about how we as customers had been treated. Although he reiterated the hotels policy and discussed the type of clientele they were trying to appeal to as a company, he attempted to make the situation right and reserved a room for us to hang out in past 1:00 in which they also provided us with alcohol. As a group, we appreciated that the situation was attempted to be remedied and that we were provided an alternative option that night in order to be out late. Overall, the hotel was very nice. However, I suggest if you are young and plan to be up past 1:00 A.M. that you either arrange accommodations for yourself before you come to the resort, or you go somewhere else that is open later in the morning. As a young adult, after my experience at this resort, it is not the type of resort that appeals to my interests at this point in time. However, I believe that it is a wonderful place to stay if you are looking for a relaxing stay in which late night life is not a priority to you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Chelsea K
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

unlike resorts in play d carmen or in cancun itself you had to stay on the resort no walking the beach at the beach property line staff stopped me i wsa banned from taking walks went to the night club only people there. This is 100% couples honeymoon trip. going with friends this is not your resort ever

Room Tip: book a different resort
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
11 Thank Billy M
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Billi M,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We regret to know that you had not enjoyed your stay fully and that this was the impression that you have taken from us.

Our resort welcomes families, friends, couples and many single travelers as well. It is true that we are located on a secluded location in Puerto Morelos, which is exactly between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, our guests can stay in the resort if wished or they can go out to any of the other tourist destinations during their stay.

Many of our guests had enjoyed long beach walks during their stay and we are glad to also offer guided beach walks through our Entertainment activities for our guest´s enjoyment. We recommend our guests to do not take night beach walks as we can only provide security within our premises. But we advise our guests to take beautiful day beach walks instead to enjoy the sandy beach and wonderful turquoise color of the ocean.

Once again we appreciate your comments and we wish we have the opportunity to host you again to change your first impression in our resort and provide you a memorable gateway. Do not hesitate in contacting me to info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com if you would like to elaborate on your comment as our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated as this helps us to improve our service levels and product.

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This is the answer to the adult onlyr resort.

This all inclusive resort is absolutly amazing! They only buffet they have is breakfast. You have 7 seperate high end resturants to choose from for dinner. All top shelf alcohol. Also the 24 hour room service was such a delight

The Staff is very kind and super attentative.

The nightly entertainment is top notch. From fire shows to hypmotists.
The Exelente team is a great addition to the hotel. They are constantly making sure people are having fun and put on amazing shows everynight!

The beach is SUPER clean and they have someone out there raking and cleaning the beach all day. Although its is not suitable for snorkling and only going a few feet out due to the rocky bottom.

The amount of pools is amazing. Never to crowded. The main one is heated.

My boyfriend and i did not realize how much we would love actually staying at the resort and had planned a few activites off site. We rented a car but this is one of those resorts you never have to leave or rather want to leave because it is so enjoyable. We are scuba divers so we went diving a few days in playa del carmen. It was about a 20 min drive from the hotel.

The last night the staff put rose petals on our bed. Super Sweet!

We were def sad to leave. Mexico is now one of our fav vaction spots because of Secrets and we will def be staying with them again. Maybe at a different location just to try :)

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank jackie m
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Check was long and the lobby is very hot. We arrived late afternoon and they had no room ready for me but the other couples in my party did get their room. That should have been my first clue to a problem!
I did get my room and all seemed ok until day 2. After being out of my room all day,at 4pm we returned and no maid service. I called the front desk to report the problem and I was told it would be taken care of. I returned 10pm and the room was still not cleaned! I found a maid in the hall and asked for towels and toilet paper. She came in with me and made the bed. I called again to report the problem . Day 3 I spoke to a maid in the hall who told me "I have no maid assigned, call the front desk". I went to the front desk and asked for a supervisor. Ricardo spoke with me and basically denied there was a problem. Guess what, that afternoon 3 pm I went to check my room and No maid service! I went to Ricardo
now very upset and he radio spoke to someone, I then had 3 maids cleaning my room. The following days were fine after that but the aggravation it took spoiled my vacation.
Pools too warm, beer too warm, also was a problem.
The staff is friendly and work very hard. Poor management when confronted with a complaint and very slow to correct.
5 star? I think NOT. It is just average. Excellence is way better!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank parent46400
Dear Parent46400,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience, at our Resort we are sorry to hear that happened to you, we appreciate all feedbacks as a powerful tool to assist us in our continuous efforts to improve our service.

We appreciate your comments about our staff and the service they provided.

We are very concerned about your reports of the suite cleanliness, we will make a follow up about this, because this is not normal in our daily operations, we have always been distinguished for taking care of all the cleaning details at every area.. Please be certain that we have taken note of all of your comments and your feedback is very valuable for us.

We truly wish you can visit us again so we can redeem ourselves and made you have a memorable stay on your next gateway.

Warm Regards,

McKinleyville, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After first having a HORRIBLE experience at an all inclusive resort in the area, we decided to try to save our vacation by moving to secrets silversands. This was hands down the best decision we could have made. We got a swim up room and from the moment we arrived we felt so special. They greet everyone with champagne and the lobby is beautiful. Our bell man Omar was seriously THE MAN. When we found out we had to have long pants for dinner he went to walmart that night after work and the next day brought my husband a pair of long pants and myself flowers. He got our room decorated with flowers and a banner for my 30th birthday and left champagne and dessert in our room. This type of service is what makes guests feel special and makes them want to return.

The rooms were so beautiful and I loved all the grounds as well. All the pools were so well kept and we loved being able to just jump right in a pool when we wanted. We loved the swim up bar and the bartender Mario was so nice to us. We had our drinks ready for us after a couple of days and would make fun different drinks for us to try. We loved the hot tub, and even the beach was beautiful. I loved getting turn down service every night - what a luxury!

The food was truly amazing and gourmet. I didn't have one bad meal the whole time I was there and we tried almost all the restaurants. There was so much variety from simple, room service to fancy. I loved the breakfast buffet with build your own omelettes and fresh fruit.

Another great thing about the resort was the entertainment team. Dulce was so sweet and would greet me every day with excitement and was so full of energy and you could tell she really loved her job. The shows at night were a lot of fun and when there was some rain during the day they always had lots of different activities to keep you busy on a rainy day. The spa was beautiful and we enjoyed a hot stone couples massage and the facilities which was definitely worth it. I love they have specials every day to take advantage of.

I think one of our favorite things about the resort was how couples oriented it was and of course that it was all adults. We met the most amazing people during our stay here that we are still keeping in touch with months later. Everyone would wave at each other and visit through the day and you could tell how happy everyone was to be at such a great resort. Usually on vacation my husband and I are the type to stay busy all day with activities and adventures but we truly spent our time here just relaxing and enjoying the wonderful service. We were never bored and were so sad to leave just as we were getting in to relaxation mode :) I would come back to this resort year after year hands down after such a wonderful experience.

Thanks to secrets silversands for making me feel special on my 30th birthday and for saving what could have been a horrible vacation by giving us such wonderful service, food and just a beautiful resort. Can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
#6 of 25 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!