Loved my stay here. We went with two wedding parties, so 14 of us in total, and we were all very well accommodated as a group. The food was all delicious, the alcohol flowed freely and was good quality, not just cheap stuff.
Most importantly, enough can't be said about how friendly the staff was! 1 bummer was that it happened to rain for most of 2 days during our stay which closed down the pools and all outdoor events, but the entertainment staff came out in force and made fun group games, got people interacting, and for me made 1 of those rainy days the best day of the trip where I met friends we spent the rest of the trip with.
2 particular employees remain in my mind from those days, Mariana and Estefani. Those two ladies were so entertaining and engaging that when I think of why I want to go back, they'll be the two I think of.
The spa was alright, the main relaxation was to be had in the Hydrotherapy circuit so be sure and do that before your massage. My friends had mixed reviews on massages, but most were good. I get massages frequently and Laura there gave me the best swedish massage I've ever had in my life. It felt like she found knots in my back that had been hiding in there for years.
As others have posted, this resort is not a crazy night life resort, closing down about 1 am but honestly I was so exhausted from spending the whole day doing activities and enjoying the beach and swimming and drinking that I had no problem going to bed shortly after that. If you do want a later night, we never had any problems taking the party to our room for a few more hours, although they will only bring beer to your room.
The only real complaint I had was how early they closed down the pools. they close at 7 or 8, which I was pretty unhappy about. I love to sit in the pool on a beautiful night with friends enjoying the stars but sadly that wasn't an option.
Overall I would definitely go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos