Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
$421
$305
Bookit.com
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita(Puerto Morelos)
$590
$460
$269
$231
Official Site
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$265
$462
$448
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
$40
Hotel Arrecifes Suites(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
No availability for your dates from our partners
11,636 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffsilver sandsel patiopreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortspartial ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Scheduled this trip two months ago for my wife's birthday. I confirmed with two different concierge that SSS would have a door banner and birthday surprises in the room on arrival. That was not to be...SSS was a big failure. On arrival we waited in the main lobby then we were ushered to the Preferred Club for check in. We were told the room would not be ready for 30 minutes...no problem...maybe they were getting the birthday surprise stuff finalized. When we got our room keys they basically said you are in room #### and it is around the corner??? What? Where was the bellman escort to our room accompanied by our luggage SSS? You now toss the keys to your guest and tell them go find your room? I told SSS I wanted a bellman and our luggage to show us where our room was. Reluctantly a bellman showed up and escorted us with no luggage.

SSS, you failed.

You guessed it...nothing had been done to the room. There wasn't even the liquors and snacks there. My wife wondered why I was upset and I explained the surprise for her that was not to be.

SSS, you failed and you continued to make excuses to the point of lying as I called to find out why you cannot honor your guests requests. SSS tried to recover the next two days but the expectations had not been met as scheduled and confirmed.

On a positive note the grounds were more spectacular than I have seen in previous trips.

We had an awesome meal and service at Ratatouille, thanks guys for your efforts. Bordeaux, not so much. They cremated my filet so I sat eating nothing while my wife finished her entre'. Then she got to watch me finish my entre' when the re-do arrived. How does an over cooked filet leave a kitchen and make it to the table? Obviously no quality manager inspecting the entre' before serving. Great service, no birthday cake as requested and poor food prep.

Sadly we chose the hibachi group seating at Himitzu. If you want a great chef show, mediocre food and tough steak that is the choice. Next time I would do the individual seating. The staff started singing Happy Birthday...my wife and I said, how neat someone is having a birthday...they sat the cake in front of my wife...a day late...it was supposed to happen the night before at Bordeaux...her real birth date. They do birthdays different in MX I guess.

Portofino was flawless like Ratatouille. Great food and service. Nice job folks!

All the front line servers do an excellent job and are very friendly. The chefs are awesome and will explain their cooking techniques. That will be what keeps people coming back, not the poor management, their uncaring check-in process and worthless concierge.

3  Thank STLCarib
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Resort property was excellent...service was also excellent....staff was very friendly...restaurants were very good and no wait even though they were at 80% capacity. Pools were abundant and not really crowded...only watch outs...they gave us "complimentary $200 worth of coupons" with the delta vacations package...i want to meet the person who is able to use any of the $200 worth of coupons...you probably have an easier chance of winning a state lottery than using those coupons...they basically use them as a draw to sell you apple vacation packages to other properties. Finally, if you want one of the blue pool floats to lounge on get there by 8am otherwise, you'll have to wait until 1pm or so when people go to lunch. Other than that, i had an excellent stay...went with my BFF from college for a girls' weekend getaway..
met really nice people ...always something to do up until 1am on the property. If you don't have alot of time (we were there for 3 nights) and you just want to relax and lounge by the pool, you can stay on property and never need to leave. Beach tour was fun...note there is a nude beach about 15 mins walk on the beach though...just FYI...good breakfast served...the spa was awesome!! definitely get a massage!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ATLtraveler70
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Perfect spot for a quick getaway!!
Very short drive from the Cancun airport.
Gracious staff that go above and beyond.
Nice setting with enough seating and pool options.
Nice variety of dining options: Hibachi grill was our favorite for dinner, breakfast buffet was GREAT!
Rooms with nice accommodations and more than ample space!
Will definitely go back in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank rscrn
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear rscrn,

Thank you for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to have you home and to know that you have enjoyed this great experience.

We will be waiting for your return.
Warm Regards,

Karla Martinez
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, traveled to Riviera Maya, Mexico for vacation in June 2013. We had all been to the area before, so we decided to book with the Apple Square Deal through Apple Vacations. We ended up at Secrets Silversands (same resort as our first trip to Riviera Maya) and it was absolutely WONDERFUL! This trip was just as great, if not better, than our last. The food and drinks were great. Service was outstanding - especially waitress Esther! Entertainment staff was very fun and friendly - specifically Dany, Mariana, Jackie, and Sasha. The room accommodations were also very nice. The beach is now improved, compared to when we visited in 2011. We absolutely love secrets, and will happily return!

3  Thank katiedid2525

Dear katiedid2525,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed a great time with the entertainment staff during your stay, and also the memorable service provided by Esther, they all will be very honored to know about your special mentions.

We can´t wait to welcome you back soon.
Warm Regards,

Karla Martinez
Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge
info.sesrc@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed from 30 May to 13 June 2013. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated so well by every staff member. The hotel is a short 15 minute drive from the airport. On arrival we were given champagne and check-in was quick. We were brought to our room on the 3rd floor of building 4 room 4326. It was stunning with a beautiful view of the pool. We loved the food, in particular the asian restaurant - we went 4 times in the 14 nights! The food in general was outstanding, proper restaurant quality. The breakfast buffet had such a good choice. The freshly made smoothies were yummy. The spa was gorgeous. I had 2 massages and they were amazing. The main pool was lively but not too crowded. We used the pool by our building so we were near the action and music but still chilled. We did so much research before finally deciding on the Secrets Silversands and it did not disappoint. Stop looning and book, you will love it! We were blown away by everything and had one of the next vacations of our lives. We would love to return next year - it's that good!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be beautiful. Next time I think we would opt for a swim out!