My background for Cancun: Dream Cancun, Live Aqua X2 , Sun Palace, Royal Hideaway, Secrets Silversands, and future will be Secrets Maroma in Sept 2013. I am 43 years old whose like Ultra Modern live style, hates conservative ways of living. Also, WIFI is a MUST for my picks.
I was staying at SSS for 4 nights during 5/28-6/1/13. Thanks Lord the weather was perfect until the last day I was leaving :). I really like the vibe of SSS that reminds of Cancun's Live Aqua, a clean modern feel without Aqua's Signature eucalyptus burning oil flowing. The guests were in younger age group of 35-45. This fits me right in. I heard from the forum around the rowdy drunks in this hotel but I didn't see any during my stay. Most of the guests were young couples, well behaviors with respects.
Location: out of my surprise. It only needs 15 mins from CUN to here.
First my biggest complaint of this resorts is the lack of beer brands. Only baby size of Corona (6) are provided in minibar daily. I just don't drink Corona that gives me headache with its hops, just like Bud. Another choice is Modelo from the bar or Room Service. I had an experience with Dream the first time I visited Cancun, guess they are both under the same group. I miss Live Aqua in this era which provided Tecate, Tecate Light, Pacifico, Modelo, XXX, all different choices.
Food: SSS food were delicious. except the fake Asian noodles. I am Asian myself. My comment is I won't have the second bite once i tried. The temperature of the plate was so hot that all the Pad Thai were overcooked sitting on the plate. way too sweet. I like Lime Soup from the Mexican restaurant. The French was ok good. Breakfast in World Cafe was good too.
For 3 days straight, I ordered the same Grilled fish (Grouper or Snapper) with rice. it was just delicious.
Beach: it has rocks like most said close to the edge. but I mainly lying on the lounger so it really didn't bother me much. Drinks service was good there. I appreciate the lady who keeps coming back and forth bringing drinks to the patrons.
Pool: The main pool has lots of people. I usually dip in or use the float around 5pm when people started leaving. There are other pools around. Pools area is not as beautiful as Live Aqua. SSS pools need A LOT OF umbrella for the shade. The floats are broken, in need of change. I feel the pool area is in need of some upgrade. it looks aged now. please bring in more white umbrella, change the green towel for modern feel. it needs some landscaping works. WIFI works very well at the Pool and the Beach.
Room: It has one of most spacious room I had ever stayed at. A sofabed is out on the balcony with 2 chairs. A jet tub fits 2 people. Housekeeping made me a nice warm bath one evening which is a very nice touch.
Service: Service Staff are friendly, do their job very well but they don't remember my name. haha... just kidding. I don't require them to remember me. but what i mean is to compare to other resorts i have stayed. There is something less from the Service Staff at SSS. I think it is personal warmth.
Night Entertainment: This is the main reason I chose SSS over some resorts. I had been some resorts eg. Live Aqua, Royal Hideaway where night entertainment is non-existence. I am not a party type of person but I realize that it makes a vacation more relaxed with some fun entertainment staff, music, happy faces etc. SSS do it very well.
Overall, I rate SSS 4.7 stars. it has everything I want. Common grounds and room seems start showing wear and tear. I am sure it will be one of the best after some upgrades ie. the pool landscape, the color of towel, add more trendy white umbrella for shades, the floats (this is a must). just a little money can do.
I will recommend SSS to my friends. Although I learned that second visit may not bring the same satisfactions as the first time, I will consider SSS again someday.
I will be going to SMB-- Secrets Maroma Beach in Sept 2013. Stay tune for my report.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos