Just returned from a seven day stay at Silversands, (May 11-18th). My wife and I have stayed at this resort three times previously over the past two years. We feel that this stay also resulted in us rating the service in all categories as "excellent". No waiting lines for seating at any of the restaurants at any time of the day based on us traveling to the resort at this time of year. We are a retired couple in our early 60's, but have been traveling to Cancun and staying at hotel locations in the commercial zone since the 70's and exclusively to the Riviera Maya "all inclusive-adults only" for the past 6-7 years resulting in stays to the Secrets Capri and the Silversands. We now feel that the Silversands is rated at "par" to the Capri as far as overall customer service and financial value to their customers. During check-in, we made a casual remark that we would be soon celebrating our 40th anniversary. Our receptionist apparently made a mental note, and without any expectation, we received well arranged rose petals, a banner on our door, and a bottle of champagne in our room two days later.
The service and staff were just fantastic and actually fun to engage with. During our stay, we felt we were considered not only as a "guest", but as part of their overall employee "family". I do need to single out two staff members only because we saw them daily based on our restaurant choices: Marco, a server at the Seaside Grille, and Vanessa, a restaurant hostess, both of whom made our dining experiences just a joy on a regular basis. Marco knew which drinks we would like and remembered our most familiar requests without us having to volunteer the information over the entire week. My wife said that Vanessa came running out of the restaurant after her breakfast on our last visit day to make sure she could personally say "good bye" and hoped for our return.
Room was great on 4th floor overlooking separate pool area, with partial view of the ocean. The maid service was excellent.
We have recommended this resort to our family members, friends, and neighbors, as well as anyone asking for our input regarding our history of traveling the area. We have never had a negative response, but so often have heard "so glad you told us about this place". We will also be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos