My wife and I recently returned from a 10-day trip to Secrets Silversands. We have vacationed in Cancun since 2009 (3 times at Dreams Cancun and also at Dreams Riviera Cancun) so were already aware of the outstanding resort amenities that are sponsored by AMResorts. This year we opted for a more adult-oriented resort, and were very pleased with our choice. The upgraded suites, upscale restaurants and top-notch drinks and entertainment (set within a beautifully-maintained, landscaped environment) met - and in many cases exceeded - our expectations. The cuisine at the Ratatouille Mediterranean restaurant (which was new to us) was quite superb ... it was our clear favorite, although similar high standards are maintained at the resort’s other 8 restaurants – with the exception of the Mexican restaurant, which did not quite match our former experiences. The beach is a little small and quite rocky to swim from, but the sand is really soft and is continually manicured, and the multitude of swimming pools and jacuzzis throughout the resort (all conveniently located close to well-stocked outdoor bars(!)) more than compensate for the beach. Most importantly however, it is the quite outstanding warmth of welcome and friendliness of service that sets AMResorts apart from its competitors. This is what draws us back here, year after year. The staff appears genuinely happy and delighted to see you, and their ready smiles and cheerful “Hola’s” make even the gloomiest day brighter! (Not that there were many gloomy days – the weather was spectacular for the entire vacation)! We were particularly fond of Karla and Vanessa (the World Café hostesses) and their associate Carlos, whose sunny dispositions made every breakfast special for us! Gina, Andrea and Mario at Oceana/Sea Wave, and Maria and Carlos at the Ratatouille, also ensured that we felt pampered and special every time we visited their restaurants. In an atmosphere of such exemplary service, it was a little unfortunate that (on the few occasions we had problems with our room) the responses to our requests for assistance to the Preferred Club Concierge were either slow or non-existent, despite repeated and acknowledged phone calls. Fortunately, Perla in VIP Services was always more than willing to provide assistance, and was able to resolve such issues quickly before they could turn into bigger complaints. Overall, these minor glitches did not detract from our enjoyment of the resort too much .. and after visiting another Secrets (at Maroma Beach) we happily upgraded our membership to Gold Plus status. We obviously hope that our continued investment in UVC/AMResorts membership will not coincide with any deterioration in the services and amenities that we have come to enjoy so much to this time, and eagerly anticipate more special vacations at AMResorts located along the Mexican Riviera !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos