“We weren't here long enough!”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent a short two nights here the last week of March due to Secrets The Vine being overbooked during our stay there. What a beautiful resort! The swim out rooms surrounding the semi-private pools are lovely. The ocean view rooms are amazing, too! The rooms are so clean, serene, and quiet. My only room complaint is the pillows are toooooo big.

We had a lot of fun at the swim-up bar pool. The main pool is large and did not seem crowded at all. Plenty of floats to use at any time. Heated water.

We had a couple of really good meals. One at Bordeaux and one at the Asian restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great and they had serve-yourself Mimosas and Bloody Marys (they would bring you whatever you wanted of course!). The only thing I didn't like about the breakfast restaurant is that it was so dark. It's nice at night to have a dimly lit candlelight ambiance, but at breakfast I'd rather see the sunshine.

There are a couple of guys I need to mention. One is Israel Alvarez, our bellman. What a great asset to the resort. He made sure to point out things to us on the way to the room so that we could get a feel for the resort. He is so nice we feel we've made a new friend. (Since we checked in and out a couple of times, we got to know him pretty well...lol.) The other great guy was Randy...or was it Rudy? He knows who we're talking about :) He's at the front desks much of the time with a big welcoming smile and service beyond compare. We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you both again for a longer stay!

You are greeted with champagne and a "welcome home". Beautiful foliage, rooms, pools, and staff that treats you like they've known you forever. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the swim-out room with your own private little area. If you wanted just hang out o...
3  Thank Trish W
Write a ReviewReviews (11,215)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Secrets Silversands March 23-30. My sincerest compliments to the management and staff of this fantastic resort. We have been to several highly rated resorts in the greater Cancun area, but this was our first experience at an AM Resort property. We would put Secrets Silversands at the top of our list. The service at SS was the absolute best we have ever experienced. All employees we encountered were pleasant, friendly and truly interested in us and wanting to make sure we were having a good time. Angel, who showed us to our room, was awesome and called us by name whenever we saw him. Our room was huge, always clean and very comfortable, especially the bed. The food was wonderful. Our compliments to all the chefs. We ate at the World Cafe for breakfast where the selection was overwhelming. Antonia greeted us every morning with a big smile and wanted to make sure we were satisfied. We lunched at the World Cafe and Seaside Grill. We dined at all restaurants but Ratatouille. Room service was prompt with very good selections. Overall, all the food and service was very good. We did not one time encounter a waiter who was not professional, helpful and pleasant. Most of our time was spent at the main pool which was kept very clean. The bar staff kept us well supplied. Monica, Nora and Leanardo were a lot of fun and worked very hard. The beach was kept free of seaweed and was great for taking long walks. We were amazed at how manicured the grounds were kept. There didn't seem to be a blade of grass out of place. The entertainment staff worked tirelessly. Jorge, Jay C and the crew seemed to be everywhere all the time. The nightly entertainment was a little too cruise shippy for my taste, but the large crowds seemed to be pleased. (I would have liked a night of Mariache (sp) music.) Overall, this is a beautiful resort with friendly and attentive staff. If you're looking for a relaxing pampered vacation with many dining options, great food and convenient to the airport, this is your place. We will definitely return to Secrets Silversands.

Room Tip: Our room was 4220 which looked out over the main pool with a partial ocean view. Great location, ea...
6  Thank BudF6F
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator & E-concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear BudF6F,

We would like to thank you for your very nice compliments, it is a honor to know that we made you both satisfied.

Is is also a please to hear much good reports about our restaurant and the quality of the room service.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I spent there wonderful week... Rooms are amazing and elegant!!! I loved the jacuzzi in the room.
Mini bar was always full. Cleaning ladies helpful. The same for all Silversands staff.
Food was great. Except for Bordeaux restaurant (I didn;t like it, but it's only my opininon). I think the best are mexican and italian. And sushi bar, but whit this asian restaurant there was the biggest misunderstanding. We thought you must have the reservation to enter there, but it's only for Japanese grill (BTW, I ate there one of the best sushi ever).
Pools are big and not overcrowded... I loved the drinks (especially sexy banana)
Of course there are some things I didn't like:
1. Restaurant for brekfast are open from 7AM, but generally excursions start at the same time. You can order the room service but it's not always at time. Maybe it would be possible to open the restaurant 30 min earlier?
2. Tips - I have nothing against tips, but.... If you offer some service (like serving drinks in the pool area) your guests shouldn't be forced to give the tips. I'm not from US so I didn't have some 1USD and I couldn't tip every time I got the drink. Finally there was a guy who was serving everybody except us. For me it's not a problem to go to the bar, but if you pay a lot of money for your stay you should be served like everybody else. There was a short guy (Eduardo I suppose) who had no problem with not being tiped all the time
3. We were in block 6 - sometimes there was some strange smell, but not all the time :)

Genereally I hardly reccoment this hotel and I'll be back there very soon :) I love this idea "NO KIDS AT ALL" :)

3  Thank Esmeralda_pl

Dear Esmeralda,

It was a pleasure to have you home, thank you very much for your preference and for your kind comments. Thank you also for your time to post a review to mention the comfort of the rooms as ell as the quality of our restaurants

We will be waiting for your return soon.

Dzenkuje bardzo !

Reviewed April 1, 2013

First time at Secrets and I will never goto another resort. This place treated us with exceptional service and made us feel like we were royalty. I upgraded to the perfered club and was worth every penny. The rooms were spactacular and the service was just as good. The weather was awesome for my entire stay despite the weather was forecasted for rain, and it never did rain.

Room Tip: The room facing the ocean (my room) with the swim up pool at our back door was very quiet from all t...
4  Thank bmfokc

Dear Bmfokc,

Thank you for your time to post this great review and share the fun and amazing time you have enjoyed.

We are please to read that you were seduced as by the efficiency of our staff as by your room.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

If you are a serious foodie, you won't necessarily be impressed with the food, but it was pretty decent - for dinners. Lunches are pretty mediocre flavorwise, but filling. Drinks wise, Top shelf basically means Grey Goose and Johnny Walker, so do not expect a huge high end beverage selection, if that is important to you. The location is fantastic, 20 min from Cancun airport. Beach is pretty and there are more than enough pools to go around. I Would recommend staying asking to be in another building other than building 5, which faces the hotel's mini water treatment plant. On some days there was a definitive odor carried by the wind right outside your building 5 door. This is the only building exposed.
Entertainment though a bit cheesy was pretty good - fire shows, rock shows, dancing. Staff throughout were exceptionally nice and attentive to guests.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank doconyc

Dear Doconyc,

We are please to read that you were seduced by our staff and the activities of the hotel.

We will take in consideration your comments in order to ameliorate the service of food and drinks.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Kinds regards.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun in mid-November last year. After searching and searching for the best and most affordable resort in Cancun, we were excited when we found Silversands.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cold towel and champagne. The staff was friendly as can be and it continued throughout our trip. We stayed in a Junior Suite and although I thought it was spacious enough, my husband thought it could have been a little more roomy. The bathroom was amazing, with a jacuzzi tub and spacious shower. We had a very nice view of the water and a small pool below our room. When we got to the room, we had a cute "Honeymoon" banner on the door, flowers on the bed and by the tub, and a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a honeymoon gift from the resort.

The hotel was slightly busy while we were visiting and it was difficult to find seating around the main pool, however, there were some round lounge chairs large enough to fit 2 people that we ended up using the entire time we were there. The lounge was right next to a bar outside and we had the BEST server, Mercedes. She was incredible! She was always sure to ask us how we were doing, if we were having a nice time and we never once felt pressured to tip her - it was just something we wanted to do for her because of how attentive she was.

The restaurants were decent. Our favorite being the breakfast buffet at the World Cafe - plenty of breakfast items to choose from, although we ended up getting the same thing every morning because of how great it was! The room service food was great as well - servers were always kind and set up the food for us.

There was entertainment every night - skits put on by the entertainment team, a talent show, games, DJs every night. The place was never dull!

We did visit the spa twice, once for a couples massage and another couples massage under the stars. Sadly, under the stars also means bugs - we kept having bugs fly around us and it was rather hard to relax. The massage itself was wonderful, but it's probably best to keep it indoors! If you do use the spa services, be sure to stick around and use their pool, sauna and jacuzzi's.

The only major complaint that we had was that we signed up for Secrets Honeymoon Registry and our friends paid for some things a few days before our wedding. Apparently since it was purchased so close to our honeymoon, they couldn't be directly applied to our bill and we had to wait for a check in the mail to compensate. It was a bit of a headache towards the end but not enough to ruin our trip.

We really didn't have much to complain about. We had a romantic and fun honeymoon and were so glad that we chose Secrets Silversands and will definitely choose Secrets in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcsanchez

Dear Ms Sanchez,

Thank you for your post. It was a pleasure to have you home for your honeymoon. Moreover, the most important is that you were satisfied of our prestations, that had to be more efficient as usual for this special vacations.

We are sorry about this inconvenience. We will follow up your case and take the proper actions in order to avoid future incidences as this one.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We left a cold and snowy Gatwick and arrived 10 hours later to sun and blue skies.
Despite being retired we had not previously come across an " all in " hotel and found it great.
We liked the hotel welcome with the cold flannel and glass of bubbly and appreciated the smooth check in process.
I had asked for a ground floor suite and it was lovely. A clever sliding mirror between the bathroom and bedroom ennabled TV watching from the bath ! A hatch inside the room meant that the remains of room service could be left there, it was out of our way and kept the corridor clear.
The decoration was smart and uncluttered and the room was always spotless.
After a few days we did change our room to a ground floor with sea view.......fantastic. Same design and decoration but bigger. The room change meant we had access to the " preferred club". The only difference for us was that they had my husband`s favourite malt whisky !
The staff always appeared to be cheerful and smiley and very willing to assist with anything. My husband`s eyesight is not good and so a special mention here for hostess Vanessa who always found us a table by the window and was very helpfull and friendly.
Breakfasts were wonderful and the choice of food for lunch and dinner meant we always found something that we enjoyed.
My only negative comment would be the remoteness of the hotel. We did several trips but it was not possible to walk anywhere. A hotel bus a few times a week to Cancun or Playa del Carmen would have been appreciated.

5  Thank MinRob

Dear MinRob,

We are very happy to know that you have appreciated your stay in Secrets Silversands, moreover in our confortable room with all its advantages.

It is very important for us to make our visitors satisfied, principally thanks to an understandable staff, as Vanessa can be part.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun
#5 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!