We stayed at SSS from December 31, 2012 - January 7, 2013 and was our fourth trip to this property in the last 5 years. We are in our early 40's and have travelled to many other resorts, but have not found another resort that appeals to us as much - room design, resort ambiance, hotel management & resort staff, quality of food are all excellent. We will back soon!
From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel like they always do, as if we were at home. Salvador (Rooms Director) ensured that we were in one of, if not the best room in the entire resort. What a fantastic surprise and a great way for us to start off our honeymoon. At the end of our vacation Salvador even took the time to personally see us off when we departed. Salvador spoiled us, but it was much appreciated - thank you Salvador for helping make our week in the sun perfect!
We enjoyed the Honeymoon spa and private dining experience which the resort provides to newlyweds free of charge; what a great perk. We were able to arrange this through the preferred club when we arrived.
Food quality and dining experience is one of the main contributors to our love of this resort. We attended the New Year's Eve Gala our first night and were not disappointed. Outstanding food and entertainment were provided during the course of the evening and was worth the call in advance to the resort to book. (My only suggestion for the resort here would be creating a process for those people arriving on the 30th and 31st to understand what the process is to sign up for the Gala and to book their tables through Karla (the resort's fantastic e-concierge)).
We usually book a few private dining experiences while at SSS and this trip was no exception. Juan Jose (formerly the Bordeaux Restaurant Manager, and now the resort's overall Restaurant Director), Robyn (the current Bordeaux Restaurant Manager) and Chef Jesus Alvarez - the fabulous sushi chef, ensured that we had the best dining experiences with customized dinners and exceptional wine parings. (Red wine lovers must try the 2008 Judas Malbec - we wouldn't have believed a Malbec could be this outstanding). Thank you Juan Jose, Robyn and Jesus for the delicious meals and fantastic memories we now have!
Mercedes looked after our 'hydration' needs during the week and always served us with a smile - Thank you Mercedes!
Our room was kept spotless by the housekeeping staff and the evening entertainment has improved with each trip to the point now that it is exceptional!
Thank you to all SSS staff who helped us have an absolutely outstanding honeymoon/vacation!
See you soon -
David & Sarah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos