$314
$448
$329
$210
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$263
$187
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$344
$540
$489
HotelsForEveryone
11,730 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffsilver sandsel patiopreferred clubworld cafejuan joseroom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortspartial ocean view
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the first time I’ve provided feedback on Tripadvisor but I feel it’s warranted. I’ve just returned from 2 weeks at the Secrets Silversands. This is the second time I’ve stayed there. I was there a few years ago, shortly after it opened and enjoyed it. I’m really glad that I opted to return to Silversands.

Remembering my first time at the Silversands, I’d decided that the first night I was going to start off my stay with a dinner at their Bordeaux restaurant. The restaurants at Silversands are all excellent but for myself, I’d remembered the Bordeaux. It was a great first choice. While the menu selection was very good the waiter offered me lobster as an option which I accepted. I added a nice bottle of Barolo from their extensive wine list. The manager Robyn visited my table and was the perfect host. He made me feel not only welcome but he made me feel like I was his most important customer. The meal was fantastic and the service from the waiter Juan guaranteed that I would be back.

Over the next 2 weeks I visited all the restaurants and found the variety within the menus to be excellent and the quality of the food preparation and presentation to be exceptional….but, for me, Robyn and his staff at the Bordeaux took my vacation from 5 star to Superstar.
Robyn and the Silversands Sommelier, Enrique, provided advice on wines and Robyn never failed to suggest an excellent food suggestions… the results were exceptional service, great food and great wines. The waiters Juan, Mario that the others were all attentive and helpful – as good as any prestigious restaurant I’ve attended. The ambiance it each restaurant is distinctive and inviting. For me, again the Bordeaux was just a notch above the others including the songs of French singer Edith Piaf as well as a piano player who would take requests. The treatment I received from Robyn and his team made this a vacation something I’ll remember for the rest of my life.

I’ll move quickly to other considerations. Since the last time I was there, they’ve done amazing things to make the beach better. The poolside service is excellent, there’s always someone close if you want a drink. All staff at the Silversands go the extra mile to make your stay better. The accommodations are clean and opulent and the maid service is fantastic. The grounds are maintained and there are lots of activities going on should you wish to participate. The gym is well set up with modern equipment.

I also went to their spa – something I’ve never done before and found it to be excellent. I ended up going 4 times while I was there.

In speaking with other guests, they all complimented the staff and the facilities. Any problems they encountered were handled quickly and to their complete satisfaction.

I went for 2 weeks and was just looking for a “break,” a place to get some rest and regenerate. The Silversands met or exceeded every expectation and Robyn and his staff at the Bordeaux took my vacation to a level I have never even conceived it could be. I strongly recommend that you try the Silversands and if f you go to the Bordeaux please tell Robyn that you read about him in Tripadvisor from “Mr. Bill” - I know he’ll make your evening something special.

Room Tip: Oceans Views are nice as are pool side rooms but from my perspective all rooms were great and I had no intention of spending much time in my room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Mr_Bill_1619
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Mr_Bill_1619,

It was an honor to have hosted you for the second time, thank you for your preference and for your time to share your comments.

We are overjoyed tyo know that you have enjoyed the food selection one more time, specially at Bordeaux with the attention of Robyn.

Thank you for your kind comments about the waiters service by the pools, accomidations, grounds and entertainment activities.

We look forward for your nexy visit for another memorable stay.
Sunny Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A group of us went to Silversands Riviera from PA for winter getaway. My husband and I had a totally super time! The entire staff at this resort is amazing. They are dedicated to making your stay a wonderful experience. The entertainment was excellent as well as the beverages. Rooms are clean and spacious. Especially liked the Coco Cafe in the morning.
A special thanks to Rango, Sophie, Edith, Jezer, and JC for making it all that much more special. Will definitely consider this resort again.

Room Tip: Swim out is a great option
3  Thank Colleen D

Dear Colleen D,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit. It is an honor to know that you have enjoyed a wonderful stay enjoying the entertainment activities and staff.

We can´t wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I went to this resort for the very first time in early February. We immediately upgraded our room, due to the nice perks available, which is something we would never do normally. We had a master suite overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful! Would I go there again?? IN A HEARTBEAT!!! The staff was excellent and so helpful. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere perfect for an older couple looking for time to spend together without distractions. We were so pleased with everything! We definitely reconnected!

4  Thank p28jbit

Dear p28jbit,

Thank you for your time to share such a wonderful experience you had, with the friendly staff service, food selection and romantic atmosphere for couples.

We will be waiting for your return soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I went here to get married and we were BLOWN AWAY at the true dedication they gave to us. There wasn't a second that went by that we didn't know what was going on. Excellent communication, Excellent service, Excellent EVERYTHING!!!!!! The food was great, drinks never went dry and the sense of amazement was always off the charts!
Needless to say we WILL be coming back for our 1 year anniversary February, 2014.
Thank you to ALL staff down there. Curtious, helpful and outgoing to make sure we had the time of our lives.

5  Thank Chris S

Dear Chris S,

It was an honor for us to have hosted this important lifetime event like your wedding, thank you for your preference.

We will be waiting for your next visit to celebrate your first anniversary.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place is awesome. My wife and i just returned from our second time at secret silver sands in two years!! we honestly have no complaints about this resort. The rooms are awesome The food is really good the bar tenders are the best, your drink never goes empty you get just past half way done and you have a new drink in front of you!! The best part though is the "excelente" entertainment crew!! these people work very very hard and do an amazing job at keeping you entertained, especially Jay C, Rango, and Alex 14!!

Now saying all that the only complaint we do have is that in order to get your 200 dollars in coupons that they offer you at check in you have to go to the concierge desk, and they will try and suck you into going on a tour of another secrets resort which they make sound really good, for us it was secrets moroma! Gaberie was the concierge person we had and she totally lied to us and said the tour would be that we'd go for breakfast at the other resort and then it would be a 90 min tour and then we'd be back, that was a total lie what happend was we went there and had breakfast but then we had a maybe 10 min tour at the most, then we were brought into this room for a time share speech for 4 hours!!! We felt like we were in an interrogation room they would not take no for and answer, and actually got really pissed that we wouldn't buy into it!! This was our second time in a row going to silver sands and next year we were planing to bring the kids to a dreams resort (which is the same chain as secrets) but this really turned us off and i dont know if we'll ever go back to secrets just because of this reason and this reason only!!

So my recommendation is if you do go to silversands eaither dont bother with the 200 dollors worth of resort coupons or dont get sucked in to goin on the tour to an other resort (unless you are intrested in time share)!! if you get around that im positive you'll love it there!!

Room Tip: go for the swim up room!!
9  Thank Gary N

Dear Gary N,

We would like to thank you for your time to post a review with your great stay experience. It is an honor to know that we have exceeded your expectations with the rooms, food variety, and the entertainment activities with the staff.

We regret to know about your discomfort caused by the visit to the Vacation Club presentation. This invitation is for guest who love to travel to this beautiful destination, so they can know the benefits of the program, however, guests can reject the invitation if the decide not to go, and they still get the resort credits benefit with no presure from the staff

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay.