My bride and I go somewhere every year for our honeymoon/anniversary. We've been to Playa del Carmen, Punta Cana and Jamaica and this year was the best overall experience we've had.
Being to Mexico twice now at All-Inclusives, service seems to be the constant: their training and management have done a great job in this department. Every employee goes above and beyond to make your stay pleasurable. Much better than in the Dominican Republic and far better than in Jamaica.
It almost goes a little too far. I think we got at least 7-8 calls during our 7-day stay to see if "Everything was okay?"
One of the huge upsides to Secrets Silversands is the proximity to the Cancun Airport. It's literally a 20 minute ride, 10 of which is down their private drive. The value is unbeatable as well for the service and accommodations you get.
The pools are plentiful and there is something for everyone. Want a private pool with not a lot of noise? There are at least 5 of them. The main pool where the action is is laid out really nicely. The temperature of the pool was extremely cold during our first three days. Almost to the point where you couldn't get it. The last 4 days, I think they were pumping hot water in, because it felt much, much better. Literally almost spent our entire days in the pool.
Try to get there at about 8:30 in the morning if you want to grab your choice of lounge chairs. A book or bag is enough to save it. There are hammocks on the ends of the cabanas, which are the choice spots.
Cocktailers are everywhere. You usually never will need to hit up the bar by yourself. We brought $100 in singles and used around $75 for tips. Usually a $1 for the cocktailers is really appreciated. We noticed about half of the people tipping there - they usually got the best service.
On that note: we usually tipped $1 for breakfast, $2-$3 for lunch and $3-$5 for dinner. More with the habachi grill.
The food was outstanding. Oceana: get the shrimp tacos. Seaside Grill: try to chicken fajita rolls. Both are amazing.
The habachi grill is the only place that requires a reservation, but you can eat there normally without one. Didn't realize that until the last day. They have a "hidden" sushi bar there.
The must have food item is at The Patio. The chocolate souflee is amazing. I could've eaten it everynight. Give it a second to cool though. My wife got too excited and burnt her tongue.
The World Cafe buffet is really good too. The authentic Mexican food station is an added bonus.
The entertainment at night was by far the absolute best. The Rock Show and the Cirque du Solei shows stood out. The girls/guys that did that were so amazing. Blew every other entertainment at other resorts away.
The entertainment crew during the day was good too. Really energetic, but not too overbearing. Lots of fun things to do at the resort too. The putting green was a good touch.
The mini-bar was constantly stocked. A tip here. There's a bottle opener on the inside of the door by the mini-fridge. Didn't find that till the 2nd day.
The maids did a great job too.
Oh, and try channel 14 on the TV. ;)
Now the negatives. I have to nitpick a bit, right? I'll preface these statements by saying I will be coming back.
- Ants near the bed each day/night.
- The LOUDEST birds ever that wake you up everyday at 6:30 AM. Bring earplugs.
- The outside lights on your patio attract bugs every night which were not cleaned everyday.
- The beach is small and not inviting. Can't really get in the ocean.
- The $200 credit is not really worth it, unless you are for sure going to the spa.
- The "Mexican Party" (ours was on Friday) would have been really cool if the vendors they brought it to sell souvenirs weren't so pushy. We would've bought plenty but we felt really uncomfortable there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos