We just got back from our 7 day stay at the Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun. I can't say enough good things about this place.
let me skip past all the hotel stuff right to the beach cause that seems to be the main concern for most people. First of all..IT IS A LIVING REEF BE PREPARED! What that means is, if you are looking for a beach where you can swim out into the ocean..don't come here. This is the second largest LIVING reef in the world, and you should NOT be walking on it. Every time you do..you kill it. That being said..there are 6 pools..so swimming is never an issue.
We knew before we went this is a reef. There would not be much swimming in the ocean..We were all fine (6 of us) with that. The second you stand in the water there are school of fish that swim around you, and live coral to look at. There is a ton of wild life to look at from the fish, to the birds fishing..it was amazing. I have stayed at resorts before with not a single fish, or coral, or anything..and to me they are boring. There was also a lot of shells, so for those people who love to bring them home with them...there are a lot of them to find. And every morning there is a guy who cleans up all the seaweed and if you ask him..he usually had pockets full of shells he finds each day. He is more than happy to hand them over to you.
The service in the hotel was great. the food was great. I saw another comment on here about taking your photo with a Donkey named Poncho..and they do tell you right up front that it's $10 to have your picture taken with her..but you do not have to have it taken NOR do you have to pay for it if you don't want to keep the picture after they take it. There is no wifi in the room unless you pay for it, however you are allowed 15mins per day free at the several computer in the front lobby area.
Overall our only complaint was the air con when we first got down there (more so a complaint from my boyfriend as he is always hotter than I, and he was sun burnt). Normally you can control the temp in your room, but when we first got there no matter what we did we could not cool the room down any lower than what they had it set at. The second night we called the front desk and they send someone to come fix the air con. He pulled out a bunch of wires and then it seemed like slowly over the next few days it got cooler.
Over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a fun atmosphere, great service, and a relaxing time. Even though it's close to Cancun the cab ride is pretty pricey, so if you plan on doing any city shopping, pay the $15 and take the 1/2 day shopping tour which will drop you off at 4 places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos