Hidden in plain sight between Cancun and Playa del Carmen lies the little fishing village of Puerto Morelos. This is one of the last colonial villages along the Mayan coast, and a closely guarded secret among those who like to escape frigid winters of the north. The town has a recently updated square, where children and musicians play. Restaurants, markets, and shops line the perimeter, offering anything a tourist wants. Fishermen bring in their catch for sale at the nearby pier. Snorkeling, scuba diving and day trips can be arranged here. It is a quiet place, where the sound of laughter is as common as the dogs sleeping in the streets. One could rent a car, but most people walk or bicycle easily to get from one end of town to the other.
Abbey del Sol lies near the north end of Av. Ninos Heroes. The complex is made up of two locations: each across the street from the other. Abbey One is a lovely renovated home with three units above it. Abbey Two is a bit newer and larger, with multiple units. Much thought has been given to ensure the comfort and convenience of the guest. It is easy to cook in the units, which have well equipped kitchens with blenders, microwaves, and toasters. Beach chairs and umbrellas are provided for days on the beach, and lounge chairs for days at either of the pools. The staff are willing and gracious to help with just about anything a guest could want; from arranging for airport transportation to massages, cooking classes, trips to the Colonnia, guided tours, and many other recreational activities. The gardens are the nicest in town, and their loving care is apparent by the huge bougainvillea draping over the walls.
Artisanal touches abound, hand-wrought iron gates provide security, intricate stonework paves the walks through each of Abbey One and Two, and the flowers of the gardens continue to flow through the murals hand painted on the walls.
Each year is better than the last, with constant improvements/enhancements being made. The management and owners are always helpful and engaging; creating friendships with guests, many of whom return yearly. Abbey del Sol is a real treasure, but one that’s not too hard to find, in the Mayan Riviera.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Attractive, safe & comfortable well maintained vacation rental suites and homes with many amenities and extras for that perfect relaxing vacation. Our central office is located at Abbey Del Sol 2 and our onsite english and spanish speaking staff are here to assist you and will help you with anything you need. From airport transfers to assisting with activities to restaurant suggestions. Excellent location within 1.5 blocks from the gorgeous quite beach and 3 to 8 blocks from the quaint town square depending on the property location. Our charming little town hosts over 60 amazing restaurants, to gorgeous white soft sand beaches & accommodations that steal your heart away. If your looking for a stress free vacation, look no further. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Abbey Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Del Sol Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Abbey Del Sol Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos