“Amazing food every time!”
Review of El Tio - CLOSED

El Tio
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live thousands of miles away in a city with enough 5-star restaurants that you could never see them all, but this is my favorite place on the planet. Each time I visit Playa Del Carmen or the area I make it a point to go here at least once.

My favorite dish is the Caldo - the most amazing seafood soup you've ever had in your life, I promise. I've had other things here as well and it's all amazing.

This is no frills, but the people that work here couldn't be any nicer. The food is extremely inexpensive as well.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you want some good tacos for a decent price, head to El Tio's. It is one block off the beach, around the corner from the Grocery store. This is just a hole in the wall, where mainly locals eat, but if you are comfortable eating at a plastic table and chair, this is the place for you! You will get to eat the best homemade salsa in town, served with with your meal. Also excellent tortas! Enjoy!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We tried some new things here on our recent trip. The fish soup is so flavorful and delicious. Señor Tio also made a special layered tortilla and fish dish, that was so unusual and good. The panuchos and salbutes are always great, both the pork and chicken. This is a fun dining experience!

1  Thank 120Inge120
Reviewed February 10, 2013

most delicious food at great value and good service.despite staying in puerto morelos only 4 days, we made repeat visits to this simple eatery.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We grabbed some food to go...mixed reviews.

The quesadillas were ok, a bit bland. The pork sandwiches were very tasty.I discovered I really don't like tamales...so I don't know whether they were good or not.

The price is good for a quick lunch.