“Generally good but slow service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zen Rendezvous

Zen Rendezvous
Reserve with OpenTable
Zen Rendezvous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Guiseley
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baildon, England, United Kingdom
“Generally good but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visited recently with family - 14 of us. We have been before & found the food to be excellent but on this visit the service was very slow & the food was not quite up to the usual standard. The restaurant was busy and there did not seem to be enough staff on. We waited a long time for drinks and to order our food. We had the set meal at £25. I had chicken & sweetcorn soup which was tasteless. The duck was very dry but tasted good and crispy. My main course was very good. Would still go back but perhaps the service is better for smaller parties.

• Visited March 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have visited this restaurant for over 15 years and celebrated my birthday there again.
The meal as always was outstanding and they also arranged a surprise desert and fireworks to make the trip even more special.
If you have not visited its a must.
Five star service and consistently good food every time

“beware of the rice!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just been to Zen for a meal for my fathers birthday.
The staff when we arrived were friendly and took our orders quickly, but following this it seemed to go down hill from there. We were a party of 4 adults and 2 children and all 4 adults had the early bird. My husband and I had the salt and pepper spare ribs to start, these were dry and over cooked. My husband had the crispy fried beef, which he said was a dry as an old boot!!, I had the chicken satay which was ok, however the icing on the cake was when I crunched down on something which I thought must have been egg shell from the egg fried rice, but when I took it out of my mouth it was a shard of glass, the waiter took the bowl of rice away and returned very sorry with a fresh bowl, however at this point I and the others in our party had been put off eating the rice! My parents seemed to enjoy their meal, but we were very disappointed that we have had a very disappointed experience.
The waitress came over a apologised and offered us 10% off which now reading the reveiw from Alangs the 10% is what they put on anyway!! when the bill came the waitress had also knocked off a a round of drinks.
All in all very disappointing and we certainly wont be going back. I have to say that it is very pricey, and dated and in need of a rethink on the menu, I would consider leaving out the shard of glass if I was them!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Otley, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had set meal @ £27pp excellent food, first class service bill a bit expensive but that was down to us as we had lots of drinks and ordered toffee apple and toffee banana for sweet. Be aware that final bill has 10% added for service ! Would certainly recommend a visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Decided to try out Zen and must admit was so glad we did the food was great the service was very good service with a smile you don't often get these days well worth a visit.