“Friendly staff, good food and modern decor”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Guiseley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food and modern decor”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I came here with my family as we used to go to the Saffron on Leeds Road on Bradford before it shut, so we thought we'd try this one.

We had pre-booked a table for 7.30pm and when we arrived we asked for a table by the window. The staff were friendly and decor was modern and clean. The tables aren't too close together which is good. The food was lovely (with masssive naan bread!) and we all enjoyed it, and will definitely go back. Recommend!

London, United Kingdom
“As good as usual”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I can't believe the previous reviews. We come here every time we visit relatives in Guiseley and have never had a bad meal. This time was no exception. The food is consistently good, service always pleasant and the waiters are always kind to my 9 year old niece when she places her own order.If you want a relaxed, good, tasty meal in pleasant surroundings pick Saffron

1 Thank Lesley A
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nothing exceptional”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We tried this curry restaurant shortly after moved in the area. Coming from Batley, we were used to very good curry places and I have to say Saffron in Guiseley was disappointing. Although we booked, an error was and we had to wait quite a long time to get the table. We had a small child with us and this was not ideal. Once we were seated, the waiter brought us some poppadum and sauces. I usually really like to dip my popadom in the red sauce with onion. But this one tasted like it was simply ketchup with bits of onions in it... Then our main meal was served and I wasn't impressed. My husband didn't think his curry was amazing either. Don't get me wrong it's not an awful place and the service was good but just nothing special and there are better curries elsewhere.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank ti_boo34
Leeds, United Kingdom
“disorganised”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Waited 25 minutes for our booked table ! Bought and paid for a round of drinks. Food was ok. After meal we asked for our bill which never arrived, had to practically walk out of the place before we were able to pay, it took 25 minutes to get out of the place. We were asked TWICE to pay for the drinks that had been paid for already !

1 Thank peter s
“Never again!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a delivery from saffron after a recommendation so I placed the order on the phone and asked for it for a specific time as I was travelling back from work, I got a phone call of the driver moaning that he was outside my house 15 mins before I said I was gonna be back for, I met the driver who handed me a bill for £28.70 for a take away curry, 2 currys a starter and 6 chippaties, I said how much it's a curry for two people I could have dined in for less than that, I rang and said this is ridiculous for a curry you charging me restaurant prices and stated that I have currys delivered all the time and its normally £15/18 at the most from other curry shops, his reply was our currys are better that was hopefully a joke after a small argument he knocked some money off and we opened our food and if I hadn't already complained I would have done, both currys were wrong the chippaties were stone cold the only thing that was any good was the starter but not worth £10, I was even more annoyed when I past the place today and there was a big 3 course early bird sit in offer on that would have been cheaper than a takeaway, I will stick to my usual curry shop from now on very disappointed!!

1 Thank Chris20041