“Overnight stay - very warm welcome”

Holiday Inn Colchester
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eight Ash Green
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay - very warm welcome”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very welcoming staff on arrival and very good breakfast the following morning,
The room with double bed and double sofa bed was very practical for my LO, who at 2 yrs is a bit of a fidget at night - I had no worries about her falling out of bed in the night (although the sofa bad was a bit squeaky and creaky).
Dinner menu looked expensive, but was reasonable compared to the local alternatives

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
London
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Having never chosen to stay in a holiday inn before, (always opting for independents) i was so pleasantly surprised how lovely and relaxing the whole experience was. Every member of staff we came into contact with during our stay was friendly, smiling, pleasant and seemed to really love working in this hotel. Tina on Reception was delightful, incredibly helpful and full of sunshine and smiles!

I would defiantly recommend this hotel the rooms although basic and a little soulless were functional and very clean and comfortable.

The breakfast selection cannot be faulted with cheese, meats, fruit, cereals, Bakery selections, pancakes, full english, juices, toast, and soooo much more!

The bar food on the whole was good and staff again were accommodating and helpful!

The pool was clean and fresh with all facilities working and in order - again staff on hand to assist with any needs!

We loved our stay so much we stayed an extra night !

highly recommended!

Thanks to all the staff here for their hard work and dedication it truly shows and makes such a difference, Holiday Inn Colchester could teach many other hotels a thing or two about quality customer service!

Diane & Anthony

Room Tip: 118 - lovely view and quiet room xx
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MisssPepper
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here on a trip and it was such a fab experience... The staff were so friendly and accommodating and they made such an effort with our kids. They were on hand to help or give advice when necessary. Service was great, food was lovely and the rooms were very clean!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Colchester when we moved to the UK and stayed there for two weeks before moving into our house. I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed at holidays inn before but this one is by far the best! I found the staff to be super friendly and helpful at all times. I have three small children and every request I made was always done with a smile . The food was also quite good and even when I was always changing things from the menu, the chef always said yes and he was very flexible. The breakfast was also great and they offer a great kids menu through the day that even includes organic beef and the good thing is that for every paying adults , kids eat for free. They also have a small playground that my children loved and we went every day after breakfast . I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a family friendly hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stopped off here for 1 night on the way to meet our cruise ship at Harwich. We had a lovely stay, expertly started by a most friendly and informative welcome at Reception. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped. Dinner and breakfast were both enjoyable. There was a wedding on during our stay, but they did not disturb us at all. Thank you very much for such a pleasant stay, if we are in the area again we shall return here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Being unable to book into the Five lakes Hotel in Essex I found by chance this Hotel at an excellent price.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming and check in was quick which was nice as I had a long day.
The room was very clean and at the end of the Hallway so my request for a quiet room was actually listened to for a pleasant change nowadays.
I used the leisure facilities the following morning which were excellent and well furnished with up to date décor and equipment. The pool also was pleasantly warm.

All in all I would definitely use this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone
Well done to everyone at the Hotel.
The only thing was I had to pay for my WIFI, and was only allowed to use it on a continuous basis, so paid for 4 hours but only actually used it for 2, so greater plan choice is highly recommended to the Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor will be quieter it seems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Neil J
DEAL
Reviewed August 26, 2013

2nd time staying here. Will definitely not be a 3rd.
Rooms are spacious, clean & comfortable but what did they make the walls from?
1st time we stayed were woken at 04:30 by "amorous" couple in next room, they were not discreet.
2nd time, family in room above allowed children to jump off beds etc. & have a good time laughing & screaming............... at midnight! Then doors started slamming in early hours.
After 1st visit we decided not to stay there again but due to late notice took the easy option and booked again, next time I need to go to Colchester & cannot book elsewhere I will sleep in my car rather than use this hotel again.

Room Tip: 1st floor may be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Colchester, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear LESLIEBOY,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the noise issues you have encountered. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Wivenhoe House
Wivenhoe House
#1 of 1 in Wivenhoe
Travelodge Colchester Feering

Been to Holiday Inn Colchester? Share your experiences!