“Took me back to my grandma's kitchen”
Review of The Bistro

The Bistro
Cuisines: Swedish, Thai, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place was fantastic!!!! My wife and I have eaten all over Asia and we both agree that this was the best comfort food we have ever had in Asia. My wife ordered the Swedish meatballs and it was almost like we were sitting at her grandmas table in Minnesota, which believe me s not a simple task. The meal came with mash potatoes and even lingonberries. I ordered the garlic pepper steak and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

There are newer reviews for The Bistro

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We celibrated my wife's 40th birthday at the Bistro today. I had a delicious toast Skagen (traditional Swedish cousine) and my wife a bruschetta for starters. Our kids had a go at the meatballs and had a field-day. They really enjoyed their food. We had the grilled gambas for main course and they were fantastic well-tasting. We found this beautiful restaurant via tripadvisor. Best restaurant in bangtao right now. We haven't eaten at all yet but this one surely ranks very high.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with very delicious food near to the beach with nice stuff. Just can recommend it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Visited several times during our three week stay in Bangtao, and always received a warm welcome and equally importantly ate consistently good food at reasonable prices each time. The fresh fish was excellent but so were the other Thai dishes we tried. Its certainly the best restaurant in the area, combining pleasant decor, nice atmosphere, good food and outstanding service from Patrik and his hard working team of Nara, Rin and Hof.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

A great restaurant with a range of both Swiss & Thai dishes. The food was delicious & the prices were reasonable however the atmosphere was spoilt by selfish stinking smokers in the middle of the restaurant. I don't understand why the owner permitted this when smoking in restaurants in Thailand is illegal...???