“relaxed weekend getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bang Tao Beach
Hong Kong, China
“relaxed weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband surprised me with this impromptu weekend getaway to Phuket and I was pleasantly surprised by Moevenpick Resort Bangtao. Its good for people who just want to relax and have some quiet time as its rather quiet in a peaceful sense.

Reception staff was really friendly and always smiling and welcoming so are the staff at the club restaurants. Always greeting and helpful.

To gain access to the beach and restaurant we had to cross road over through a private door with access code but its not a major thing you get used to it I suppose when you stay longer...Long stretch of beach and good to swim no rocks pricking you so it was really pleasant swimming.

We had a 2 room suite. Its very spacious with fully equipped kitchen and beautiful view.

cons- Breakfast was really disappointing not much of variety very much basic which is a surprise for a classy resort.

The desert menu consisted only of ice cream and freshly cut fruit! not sure why not other deserts are listed on the menu.

Reception area was run down...walls were stained and could use a fresh coat of paint...not good first impression especially when guests are first to arrive at this point.

Spa is too costly eg. manicure or pedicure is 800+ spa packages starts from 3,500++ expensive in comparison to majority of places offers good spa packages at very reasonable price and yet be fully satisfied. Not sure how they survive with these pricing. To attract hotel guests to use these facilities competitive pricing should be thought through to get more revenue as guest are willing to pay for the convenience but not that much to get ripped off. We compared along the beach and other resorts and had a good experience with so much lesser price .

Overall it was a relaxed holiday and would come back as I loved the beach stretch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cada R
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Cada R,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at our resort. We appreciate your compliments about our property and are delighted to have made your vacation in Phuket an enjoyable one.

Moreover, I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the convenience of our spacious apartments with
fully equipped kitchens and the amazing views.

On behalf of the team I would like to apologize for the areas that fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that we take all feedback as opportunities to review and improve our shortcomings. We appreciate your comment on our breakfast buffet. I would like to highlight that for your next visit, we are going to have a new dessert menu which we have been currently working on for your convenience.
In regards to your suggestion about our reception area, I would like to assure you that our maintenance team will take care of the stains in order to avoid any bad impressions during the arrival of our valued guests in the future.
I am saddened to hear that you were not impressed with our Spa. We frequently conduct a competitor surveillance report and can ensure that our prices are in line with all the five star hotels in the area. On a separate note, I can assure you that the hygiene level of the local massage parlors on the beach is nowhere to be compared to the one that we offer. All our masseuses have been trained professionally and the products we use are of high quality.

We eagerly anticipate welcoming you and your husband at our resort the next time your travels take you back to Phuket!

Michael Wenk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I loved staying in this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and has a great swimming pool. The SPA is great and the massage was so relaxing. The rooms are modern, very clean, spacious and we stayed in the penthouse with a huge Jacuzzi, huge living room. Our bathroom had an amazing bathtub with sea view. The staff there is great and i loved every single day there. The main restaurant is outside the hotel but in front of the beach. The breakfast is just ok. Nothing glorious or delicious. In general loved staying there. Would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Penthouse is the BEST
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GigiDubai
Dear GigiDubai,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your stay with us at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket.

I am particularly pleased to read that you loved the hotel, our spacious 3 bedroom penthouses and our first class hotel facilities. Moreover, we greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff's efforts.

I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations with your breakfast experience and will inform our Executive Chef and his team of your feedback to ensure a seamless dining experience in the future.

Thank you for your assertive recommendation and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Geneva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Reasonably sized hotel located on the north side of Bang Tao beach, more appropriate for families and groups of friends as for couples or singles. The Pagoda-style architecture is sober and well executed. The resort is divided into 2-3 storey buildings containing rather apartments or suites than classic rooms, with or without seeview. As the hotel is separated from the beach by a little road and some ugly beachfront blocks ( the Moevenpick Beach Club is one of them ), dont expect a real astonishing view.

The welcome was very polite and the check-in very prompt. A little deception about the design of the lobby, I expected something more luxurious and trendy like other Moevenpick resorts.
I booked a classic room but was upgraded to a "Premium" room. Nothing exceptional, but I was full satisfied. Enough space, big bed, little terrace and luminous bathroom. However I was a little bit disappointed by the furniture and the old-fashionned style. I guess the Suites, Royal Penthouses and Residences are looking better ( hopefully at this price range...).

The guests were nearly 100% russian families, but it didn't bother me.
The pool is very pleasant and big,with a pool bar and never crowdy because all the guests are going to the beach ( where the sunbeds are quickly occupied ).
The long beach is beautiful and you can also practice some watersports. Sunbeds with umbrellas at the Beach Club are free and there is no hassle with junk sellers or too many jetskis. Further south, there are more people due to the big resorts ( Dusit Laguna, Laguna Beach, Outrigger Laguna, ...) and the beach begins to look soiled.

Breakfast and lunch are taken at the "Palm Beach Club". I wasn't much impressed by the breakfast. Altough good, there is certainly a lack in the presentation and the products selection. I expected more from Moevenpick. I took lunch only twice at the Beach Club because the service is completely disorganised and incompentent. The first time I waited an hour to get my order and the second time my order has been simply forgotten. My experience at the Lotus restaurant ( next to the Beach Club ) was better and the quality of the food was superior.

Anyway, I would like to compliment the reception staff who was always warm, very friendly and smiling.
Overall my stay was good and dont regret my choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear ethansGeneva,

Thank you for staying with us at the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket on your recent trip to Phuket.
I am particularly pleased to read that your overall stay at the hotel was good and you enjoyed our hotel facilities. Also I would like to extend my gratitude for recognizing the efforts of our Front Office team. I will be sure to personally share your kind comments with them.

Rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated, as we use feedback from our guests as an important tool in order to improve and understand what our guests value most.

Having said this, your feedback regarding breakfast and the service at the Palm Beach Club is appreciated and will be shared with our culinary and service team so that we can work toward improving the experience in the future.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. On your next visit, we hope you will experience one of our spacious apartments which are completely different from our Classic or Premier standard hotel rooms and we will let you judge whether they look better.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our paradise in the near future!

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have just spent a six day stay and have found ourselves sad to leave. Movenpick leaves you very relaxed - so if your looking for an action packed ight life I don't recommend you stay here. Our family enjoyed the personalised service and peacefulness. No markets around but the staff more than happy to help you in any way possible to make it happen.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear SophinIndia08,
Thank you for taking the time to share this complimentary review about your recent stay with us here at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket!

Feedback from our guests is always useful to us as we continue in our endeavor to provide a level of service and personalized experience that is second to none. It is so heartening to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and you found yourselves sad to leave.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our paradise in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for a few days and would recommend the hotel to anybody who has not visited this part of the island. The rooms are just breathtaking and spacious. Personally speaking the Thai food offered at the hotel is one of the best that we have encountered in our extensive travels across this beautiful country. The service is extremely friendly and helpful and the management of the hotel works 24 hours around the clock to ensure the comfort of their guests.

We would recommend this hotel to both families with and without kids. The hotel offers a wide range of activities, the spa area is top notch and the private beach offers you the needed privacy and view you would expect from this island.

Will definitely return on our next trip to Phuket!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear JTownGirls,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review of your stay with us at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket.

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us recently. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to deliver a world-class level of service. Our dedicated chefs will be delighted to hear that you made specific mention of our Thai culinary offerings.

I would have to agree with you that our Spa is indeed top notch; and one leaves a treatment feeling both revived and nurtured.

I will happily pass on your kind comments to our staff and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wow. And we thought Movenpick just made great ice cream. Who knew they also created fantastic resorts.

It’s been difficult for us to look back over the last week and find anything that wasn’t near perfect. The resort itself is paradise. An oasis of relaxation, removed from the noise and crowds which tend to clutter much of Phuket.

The resort itself is a small, private compound. Almost boutique. But when we arrived in our room, we had more space than we knew what to do with. Would be great for kids, but since we don’t have any, we spread out and made ourselves at home. Having wine and cheese on our luxuriously large, private balcony each evening was one of our favorite past times.

The saltwater pool is grand, and we became regulars at the swim up bar. The weather cooperated brilliantly for us, so multiple times in the day we would make our way out of the walled gardens and down to the beach, which is only meters away.

The staff was lovely. Michael (the managing director running the resort) and his wife genuinely made you feel like family. Most of the staff even learned our names, and were never without a gracious smile, and eagerness to serve.

The food was to perfection. Real quality. Real creativity. We even skipped out on dining at a few of our favorite Phuket restaurants because there was so much variety and daily specials we just couldn’t turn down.

I hit the gym in the morning while my partner grabbed a spa treatment. I didn’t make it down myself, but she raved about it. It didn’t take more than a day for us to put our normally hectic lives out of our mind. Wifi everywhere kept us from not completely disconnecting, but it was more about making our friends jealous with the photos we sent from the lap of luxury.

If you’re looking for privacy, relaxation, luxury, and great value for money, it doesn’t get much better than this. We’ve been coming to Phuket regularly for a decade. I think we’ve now found our annual holiday home!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zayen B
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Zayen B,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience during your recent stay at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket. We were glad to welcome you to our ‘oasis for relaxation’ and I am very happy to hear that we managed to deliver a true luxury holiday.

We are delighted to read that your stay with us met all your expectations and we highly appreciate your valuable comments regarding our hotel premises and services. Furthermore, it’s a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed our resort’s culinary offerings as well as the spaciousness of our apartments.

I have already passed along your comments to our entire team as it is feedback such as yours that provides added motivation for our team to continue delivering the highest standards of service.

It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back in the near future to deliver another equally memorable holiday in paradise.

We wish you and your partner a great festive season!

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Super trendy and stylish beach bar (Palm Beach) also with happy hour (so a great value treat). Super attentive and helpful staff (especially Mehdi). Can definitely recommend sundowners here. Little out of the way of the main stretch of Bang Tao beach, but well worth it

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sir_Richard_Branson
Dear Sir_Richard_Branson,

Thank you very much for sharing your appraising comments about our Beach Club. I am glad that you enjoyed our Happy Hour. It is always a pleasure to read comments about the team and this is appreciated and will be shared, in particularly with those you had mentioned.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

We wish you a great festive season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bang Tao Beach
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#2 of 34 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,736 reviews

Been to Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket? Share your experiences!