My husband surprised me with this impromptu weekend getaway to Phuket and I was pleasantly surprised by Moevenpick Resort Bangtao. Its good for people who just want to relax and have some quiet time as its rather quiet in a peaceful sense.
Reception staff was really friendly and always smiling and welcoming so are the staff at the club restaurants. Always greeting and helpful.
To gain access to the beach and restaurant we had to cross road over through a private door with access code but its not a major thing you get used to it I suppose when you stay longer...Long stretch of beach and good to swim no rocks pricking you so it was really pleasant swimming.
We had a 2 room suite. Its very spacious with fully equipped kitchen and beautiful view.
cons- Breakfast was really disappointing not much of variety very much basic which is a surprise for a classy resort.
The desert menu consisted only of ice cream and freshly cut fruit! not sure why not other deserts are listed on the menu.
Reception area was run down...walls were stained and could use a fresh coat of paint...not good first impression especially when guests are first to arrive at this point.
Spa is too costly eg. manicure or pedicure is 800+ spa packages starts from 3,500++ expensive in comparison to majority of places offers good spa packages at very reasonable price and yet be fully satisfied. Not sure how they survive with these pricing. To attract hotel guests to use these facilities competitive pricing should be thought through to get more revenue as guest are willing to pay for the convenience but not that much to get ripped off. We compared along the beach and other resorts and had a good experience with so much lesser price .
Overall it was a relaxed holiday and would come back as I loved the beach stretch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Bang Tao Beach, the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket offers an idyllic setting for a memorable getaway. Blending the best of Thai and contemporary design, the resort features 40 exclusive residences and a host of leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Hotel Bang Tao Beach
- Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Bang Tao Beach