“Two weeks in paradise”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bang Tao Beach
Zurich, Switzerland
“Two weeks in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very nice large appartments and very neat property. The Beach Club where the breakfast is served has a beautiful view. The breakfast was delicious and rich. Sasha and the whole Beach Club team did a fantastic job. The beach and the sea are clean. You can have extensive walks at the beach and in the end of a beautiful beach day you can enjoy a drink and watch the fabulous sunset. Very friendly and supportive staff. We highly recommend this property if you want to have a quite and relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank praderweb
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear praderweb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences during your stay with us at the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket. I will extend your compliments to both Sasha and the Beach Club team.
I am very grateful for your kind words which you experienced with us and also share with everyone on Trip Advisor, and on behalf of the entire team we hope that you will be planning a return to Phuket in the near future.

Michael Wenk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I made my initial booking thru Expedia for a 2 bedroom unit for 4 pax. Subsequently, we have another person joining us for the trip. I called Expedia to enquire about an extra bed and was told to contact the hotel directly. I send the hotel an e-mail and got a very prompt reply. I was surprised that the cost of an extra bed was almost half of what I paid for the 2 bedroom unit! Nonetheless, I proceed to confirm the extra bed and also informed the hotel that we were there to celebrate a birthday. I was told that the hotel will be providing a birthday cake and I “can contact the reception when and where the cake should make a surprise”.

Upon arrival, the receptionist tried to push us to upgrade to a 3 bedroom unit and topped up the difference. As I already felt the cost was too high, I refused and wanted to maintain my original booking (a 2 bedroom unit with an extra bed). She even proposed a 3 bedroom unit but with 1 bedroom locked, which I thought that was a ridiculous option. Eventually, she agreed to give us the 3 bedroom unit without having to top up the difference.

We are lead to our unit which was very nice. It was huge, bright and clean and had a view of the sea. It has a small but well equipped kitchen. The beds were comfortable but we felt the pillows were too soft. Also, the body soap and shampoo in the bath rooms were in small porcelain jugs. The hotel is probably trying to be environmentally friendly but if you have kids, you need to be careful. My son broke 1 during our stay and he is 18. Housekeeping replaced it the next day.

Breakfast selection and quality was not too bad. Love the ginger drink that they serve. But do be careful as the birds do try to help themselves to the breakfast buffet as well. The hotel does cover the food but sometimes the other guests do not cover the food after they helped themselves. We did not try the other restaurants at the hotel for any other meals. There are some restaurants along the beach which were quite reasonable.

The beach by the hotel was excellent. It was clean and the sand very fine. It was raining on and off the days we were there so I did not get to fully enjoy the beach, which was a pity. The hotel grounds are generally well maintained.

When we asked about the birthday cake, we were told that since it wasn’t the actual birthday, we were not entitled to the cake. Yes, we were there a week earlier to celebrate my daughter’s 21st birthday as we are not able to go away on the actual day due to work and school commitment. It was a bit of a damper to the celebrations. This is the first hotel that actually checks the passport to verify the date of birth!!

The hotel is off the beaten track. So be prepared to stay-in most of the time. If your plans are to do nothing and just enjoy the sea, sun and sand, this hotel is perfect for you. There are some shops and restaurant if you walk along the beach, including a pretty good massage hut.

Because of the incidents when checking-in and the birthday cake, I would not give this hotel the "Excellent" rating. It is still a good hotel, but it is the little things that make a hotel great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LibraGalSingapore
Dear LibraGalSingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is critical to our improvement as a hotel, so we greatly appreciate yours.
I am particularly grateful for your positive feedback regarding our spacious apartments, hotel facilities and our breakfast on the beach. However, I am sorry to hear that you experienced a few incidents which did not lead to an excellent rating on Tripadvisor.
Our hotel has been Green Globe certified and recognized as an environmental friendly resort; therefore we try to reduce our carbon footprints as much as possible. This explains why we use the porcelain jugs instead of plastic bottles.
Concerning your feedback with regards to the difficulty experienced with the birthday cake, I would like to inform that this is part of our standard operating procedures and we always have to check the passports to verify the date of birth. I will be more than happy to extend you a cake for your next arrival to ensure that the little things will make the difference you’re your stay.
I certainly hope that you will plan a return to Phuket and our colleagues would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show our warm and engaging hospitality.

Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went to Moevenpick Bangtao Beach this march with my fiance. We stayed for 14 nights and it was so wonderful that we wished to never come back to Switzerland.. Real paradise for couples in love and also couples with children. Excellent management, really nice stuff (so helpful) and nice accomodation. The rooms are big and always clean, the breakfast is amazing- plenty of chois, fruis variaty and good espresso :)
About the location- not only it is right on the beach (private clean spacy beach) but the hotel is situated in the Laguna- away from the busy touristic Phuket.
We recommend it to anyone who likes careless vacation! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Milen P
Dear Milen P,

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your needs and deliver a true luxury experience. I will definitely convey your nice words to our team. The most rewarding feeling is having our guests return to the hotel after they have had a memorable experience with us. Therefore, we do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we are looking forward to welcoming back you and your wife to be.

gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Movenpick and it just gets better, we had 12 days in the most beautiful apartment. Everything about this Hotel is top notch, the beach, the staff, and the management, this is now on our have to do, at least once a year list.

Room Tip: They're all good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yuervtttt
Dear yuervtttt,

On behalf of the hotel and entire team, we would like to thank you for your positive review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for the second time and look forward to many more to come. We do our best to exceed expectations for all our guests and I am happy that a better experience was delivered during your visit.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Zürich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visit Thailand nearly every year but recently have based ourselves in Khao Lak (ramada). We decided to split our beach time this year between our trusted Ramada and this hotel, having observed it being built - and originally marketed as units for sale.
From check-in onwards it has not disappointed. The lady who checked us in and escorted us to our room, a one bedroom pool suite, was extremely friendly and clearly very motivated. The room faced the sea so we enjoyed amazing sunsets. It was more than spacious enough for two people and the kitchen area very well equipped. There is an Indian restaurant nearby which delivers free of charge so we enjoyed a Saturday curry by our pool, complete with Premiership football on the large plasma screen TV.
Michael Wenk, the Swiss duty manager was also friendly and genuinely interested to hear our views on the hotel. The couple of small requests we made during our stay were dealt with promptly and efficiently. The spa treatments were enjoyable and reasonably priced. The entrance is through the garage, probably because of its previous incarnation before becoming a hotel but once inside the spa this is not an issue.
The hotel is located on the quieter Northern end of Bang Tao beach. We had no complaints about breakfast either. Directly across the road is an excellent restaurant, Lotus, where we ate three times. There are plenty of other dining options in easy reach.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. Prospective visitors should not be deterred by petty criticisms. If you are disturbed by the wildlife associated with tropical countries, stay at home. Ditto if you expect that everything will function as it does at home!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Roz50
Dear Roz50,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our guest’s opinion is the most valuable to us and we appreciate it. We are very happy to hear you were satisfied with our staff, accommodation and our facilities. Furthermore, I am pleased to hear the service was up to your standards.
I also recall having the pleasure to meet you and speak to you personally about your experience with us. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I wasnt sure how best to rate this hotel and hope the details below will add context . On the positive side, this is a beautiful low density hotel made up of some owner occupied residences and hotel owned . Although one has to cross a tiny road to get to the beach, the beach itself is pristine, with powdered sand and very picturesque and was not too busy so enough deck chairs for the guests. The rooms are gorgeous and very spacious, we had a kitchen facilities, utensils, large patio, Bose sound systems and DVD .The gym was pretty decent with 2 treadmills ,2 cross trainers , bikes and some press machines including jacuzzi and opens from 6am to late .There is a lovely buffet breakfast offering western and eastern cuisine and that's when we see the hotel buzz at its peak ! On the negative side, we had problems with the room-one of the toilets wasn't working , the sound system in the bedroom and bathroom had problems ( there were problems with the volume set up so the bedroom sound was stuck on low and the bathroom too loud), our fridge stopped working, the front room DVD was disconnected and whilst we had people coming in to fix this , there should not have been a need to have this many issues !Most of the guests appear to be families and the hotel seems almost deserted during the evening ( doesn't help that the pool bar closes at 6pm) which means either a 700 bhat taxi one way ( 30 -40 mins pending traffic) journey to patong to get some life, try out some of the very few restaurants near the hotel ( the lotus restaurant seems the busiest with live music included) or retire to the room. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this place is for you, if you were looking for a little bit of atmosphere, you may want to consider other options as not much around the hotel .Personally , I was also not impressed with the spa as found some local massages we tried in patong far better for a fraction of the price.The staff were friendly and courteous however would have been great if they were more informative on the area and things to do, rather than relying on standard information.A little bit of routine maintenance tests in the rooms and a livelier atmosphere would have changed my rating to a 4.5 star as this could be an amazing stay because of the luscious hotel grounds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank renee080
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear renee080,

I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards from Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket!

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am particularly grateful for your positive feedback regarding our spacious apartments, hotel facilities and our breakfast on the beach. Rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated, as we use feedback from our guests as an important tool in order to improve and understand what our guests value most.

Having said this, we do appreciate your comments on the technological problems you have encountered and I apologize for the inconvenience which you may have encountered. Our team has had the opportunity to follow up on this matter and it seems that everything was working fine.

Our luxurious vacation residences are located 30 minutes from Patong Beach which allows our guests to enjoy the beach club and the secluded beachfront paradise. As for the local taxi and pricing, it is fixed as per standard practice of the association of transportation of the island, which we cannot amend.

I am very disappointed to hear that you were not impressed with our Spa. We frequently conduct a competitor surveillance report and can ensure that our prices are in line with all the five star hotels in the area. On a separate note, I can assure you that the hygiene level of the local massage parlors is nowhere to be compared to the one that we offer. All our masseuses have been trained professionally and the products we use are of high quality.
Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Mike
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Beautiful apartments with all amenities. Very spacious. Enormous bathroom. Huge comfortable bed - we slept very well! Ocean and lake view from our penthouse. Beach is lovely. Lots of good restaurants nearby as well. We love this place.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Loveholidays9999
Dear Loveholidays9999,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind comment on your recent at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience. I will share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you here on your next stay.

Best Regards,
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#2 of 34 in Choeng Thale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,775 reviews

Been to Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket? Share your experiences!