Have been living, working and travelling in Asia for almost a decade, so have a decent point of reference for what qualifies as a 3/4/5 star here.We stayed in a 2 br pool villa (apartment) for 4 nights through a deal on wotif. The apartment itself was a great setup for us with a baby, as we could have a swim and putter around the apartment while baby had his afternoon nap. The facilities in the apartment are great - full kitchen with dishwasher, toaster, kettle, oven and hob but no microwave, which was unfortunate as we were sterilizing baby bottles and that would have been a great help (we ended up renting a sterilizer from Phuket Baby Rentals, who were great). Tons of space, but the finishes are fairly basic and decidedly 4 star so if you want luxe go next door to the Banyan Tree. The beds are comfortable but are the platform style where the corners of teh frame stick out far beyond the mattress - unfortunately the frame is he same color as the floor, so we were constantly banging our shins and came back covered in bruises.
The pool was mostly deserted, as a lot of the apartments have private pools and the beach is so close. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast buffet. Agree with previous reviews that both the setting and food were substandard. Seating options were the lobby (perspex glass roof and mostly closed in so very little breeze and no ceiling fans so super stuffy), the even more closed in breakfast room (also with no fans and no aircon), and a very small aircon room at the back that was usually full. The food looked a lot like leftovers from the night before, but covered the basics of breads, eggs cooked to order, curries, cheeses, fruit, but lots of flies and not sure how long a mayonnaise sandwich should be sitting out without anything to keep it cool...
-Great location right next to Laguna complex, Lotus Restaurant and super quiet BangTao Beach
- Somewhat cheaper than a comparable 2br with pool and the Angsana, Banyan Tree or Dusit next door so great value provided you understand that what you're getting is a step lower, which doesn't matter much if you're really looking for that extra bedroom and private pool
- Nice, quiet pool
- Handy to the airport
- Friendly, adequate service
- pretty poor breakfast buffet
- Beach Club is under renovation so no drink/towel service at the beach (which the other hotels all seem to have)
- 4 star finishes (if you care about that kind of thing)
- shin-killer platform beds - watch out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Bang Tao Beach, the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket offers an idyllic setting for a memorable getaway. Blending the best of Thai and contemporary design, the resort features 40 exclusive residences and a host of leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Hotel Bang Tao Beach
- Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket Bang Tao Beach