Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Banyan Tree Phuket(Thalang District)
View Hotel
Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa(Choeng Thale)
View Hotel
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)
View Hotel
Imperial Ocean Palms(Bang Tao Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolbedroom residencebose sound systempool barwonderful staylittle thingshotel is situatedsmall roadin room diningkids roomboat avenueamazing hotelmain poolgreat for familiesrainy seasonquiet areafamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

During my last vacation to Phuket, I made the right choice to stay at Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket as the food, the amenities and the service were outstanding. From the moment I checked in (in the comforts of my own room) till the time I checked out, the arrangements were flawless. In the middle of my stay there, the staff helped to arrange an island hopping tour for me, and though it rained, the staff anticipated my needs and packed a bag for me equipped with towels and umbrella and snacks. When I got back from my trip, my spa arrangements were already seen to, and I had the best 2 hour traditional spa massage of my life, at the Blossom Spa. I only like to eat Thai food when in Thailand, and the food served at The Palm Cuisine and Terrace was authentic and spicy - just the perfect balance of heat and flavours. I strongly recommend the Lap Mu!
Anyway, a terrific holiday, I was sad to leave! The Manager Michael was a helpful and kind fellow. He made all the arrangements work, and I had one of the nicest holidays at the Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket ever. I would ask all my friends to stay here, if they got the chance!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Seaview Pool Suite with 2 bedrooms and it was an entire 216 sqm of expansive living space with a living/dining area, and a fully-equipped kitchen. I cannot believe that this is one of the smallest rooms on the property, because it is huge! As a single traveler best value for money! Go for this room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked the Movenpick Bang Tao Resort purely based on reviews on tripadvisor. We saw some amazing photos of the hotel taken by the Movenpick crew and lots of guest photos. And boy we were blown over.

We asked for a slightly early morning check in as our flight was landing at 0910 HRS and we were scheduled to check in after 2. We emailed the hotel and they were so prompt responding to emails. They told us we couldn't get a guaranteed early check in but they would try. When the hotel says we will try, they usually mean" no way". We had arranged transport from Phuket airport to the resort but our driver got lost because of the fact that this is a fairly new property and is not very well sign posted. In the hotel's defence the driver brought us through an entirely different route. When we did manage to reach the hotel, we were greeted by jasmine bracelets and fresh juice. We were immediately told that our room was ready and escorted there. The photos on the website do not do justice to the property!! Comforts galore. Excellent design and decor. Great Bose sound systems. Luxurious bedrooms. Extravagant bath facing the Laguna. Bedrooms and living rooms facing swimming pool. Very clean and well maintained.

Courteous staff always at your service. Always around when you need something especially near the pool area. Very helpful for arranging trips, baby sitter, taxi etc. They do call the taxi for you but you can bargain the rate with the driver. This hotel is far north of Patong and so away from patong night life but recently three beach clubs have started night club like places very close to the hotel. One in fact within walking distance. Very upmarket and chic places with DJ or live music. Don't stay here if you want the hustle and bustle of the busy Patong area. Stay here if you want a quiet relaxing holiday. Mind you, Patong is about 35 minutes drive by taxi costing about 450-500 Baht.

Amenities in hotel are very good. Free fast wifi was a boon. Never had to turn on data roaming. Hotel has a shortcut direct access gate to the beach which was great as they provide chairs, towels and drinks on the beach as well. The beach is good and you can walk up and down to access beach side restaurants from there.

The hotel has a good health club with sauna and steam and two jacuzzi's in each of the gents and ladies toilet/shower areas. Spa is well staffed and has reasonable deals on massages. Massages are of course cheaper outside.

Breakfast was free and buffet type. Quite elaborate spread of continental and Asian dishes. We enjoyed breakfasts. They offer good coffees but not exactly barista quality but made by a fully automatic coffee machine. Abundant variety of fresh juices and fruits in breakfast spread.

All in all would recommend it to anyone and would love to come back any day.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Vasqla
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I couldn’t have asked for a better hotel to stay in while I visited Phuket. I was in love with the hotel, and wish I could have stayed longer. It was the most beautiful setting for a hotel, with views that just took your breath away. My photos are amazing and had made my friends very jealous.
My room had a sea view and I was able to wake up looking at the waves. It was a truly relaxing stay that just didn’t last long enough.
I had my breakfast every day at the Palm Cuisine Restaurant which was very nice. It is right by the lobby and the hotels infinity pool and great breakfast in the sun every day is right down my ally. I spent a lot of time by the pool and it was very relaxing. I enjoyed many cocktails while there and they have a happy hour every day which was just fab!
They offer a first class service throughout the whole stay and I truly felt like royalty there. Nothing was too much for the staff here.
The food and drink here is amazing and well priced as well. I never felt over charged for anything. However the staff can recommend some great places to go visit for a bit of a dance and they will call you a taxi to take you. My special regards to the Chef( Sascha) and the Restaurant Team.

There is so much to see and do, and the hotel staff goes out of their way to help you and suggest where you can go.
This hotel is pure luxury and the service is beyond amazing. I will be back soon :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank seinna t
Mövenpick Resor... B, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Seinna,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback and for choosing Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Phuket.

We are pleased to read that your stay with us was pleasant and appreciate very much for your kind comments. We have forwarded your kind words to Chef sasch and team according to your mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Phuket in the near future.

Kind regards,
Michael Wenk
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2012

booked through booking.com and we stayed in one of the villas with private swimming pool. the hotel picked us up from the airport and brought us to the hotel. before we booked, we were thinking, patong or somewhere else as everyone we had spoken to said patong was lively and the best place to stay etc etc....how wrong were they! Bangtao beach is by far the best beach. patong was so overcrowded and i felt like i was in Mallorca or one of the Ibiza Island where people get so drunk and puke all over in streets. patong beach was dirty, too many cheap tourists, its more of a place for teenager on budget holidays...wheres Bangtao beach was completely clean, less crowded, better crowd, nice water sports (200m), clean beach with lovely golden sand, it was spectacular...

so if you want to stay in phuket, stay in Bangtao and you can always get a taxi at night to patong if you really wanna go out in town to party, which takes 35mins in cab and costs around 600 Thai Baht.
The hotel views are amazing, the setting, the service, the rooms, the cleanliness, the finishing edges, the restaurants, the food etc etc, everything was fantastic. The type of crowd you get in the hotel is basically, families, couples, probably people in the middle to high class. you dont get any chavs, you get a nice crowd, nice classy people. I like my luxury and i like the extra service to be offered to me and i never thought it but i was very satisfied.
Would definitely recommend if you want to stay in a classy nice hotel. good pool, good access to the beach, good staff, good service. i have thought of things to criticize but i really cannot.

weather was something that worried us, weather forecasts said it was rainy etc, but hey i realized even if it rains there, its not like the rain back at home, where your stuck indoors the whole day, the rain was nice, you still wear shorts and flip flops and read your book etc. the first 2 days it rained for a few hours a day and was cloudy but like i said it was still nice, then for the rest of the holiday, it was so hot and sunny!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just back from Phuket last two days. I don't have any good impression for this hotel since the front deck staff argued with my sister. we booked for 2 villas with 3 bedroom for 11 adults + 2 maids + 4 children ( 5, 4 , 4 & 3 years) + 2 infants stay; and the front deck staff insist to charge us extra 2500 Thai bath / night. My sister try to argue with front deck staff but the staff insist that he has already offered to us since the hotel did't charge for the children. They argue with us with the loudly sound and compel me to agree and if not they will open another standard room to charge in our account.

I don't think that is a attitude should have for the hotel staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank iceloo

Dear Iceloo,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comment in regards to your recent stay at the Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket.
I regret to hear that you had an ‘argument with the front desk staff’. Please be informed that you booked 2 units (3 bedroom residence) for 12 adults and 0 children in total; however, you ended up being 11 adults and 6 children respectively.
Due to the fact that you were a larger group of people the guest service supervisor had to project his voice so that everyone could hear him. He did not mean to offend you in any way, so please accept his sincere apology. I hope you will not let this one stay tarnish your perception of our hotel.
We all look forward to having you with us again to experience the improvement and highest service standards that you rightfully expect from a Moevenpick Hotel.

Kind regards,