after spending a week in June at Mabely Grand we came home with mixed feelings.
+ the food was extraordinary, the best and tasty food i ever experienced in an all inclusive resort
+ the staff very polite and helpful. I forgot a camera lens in the room and they manage to send it to me per post.
+ the shuttle to Porto Vromi, Porto Limnionas or Alykes.
+ the very nice views from he restaurant and from the main building
+ peaceful location
+ the pools
+ a small children playground and the nice courtyard with peacocks, ducks, gooses and chickens.
+ the pine pleasant smell from the balcony.
+ the food, again :-)
The most negative points are regarding the rooms and especially regarding the bathrooms. All that in very big contrast with the main building, restaurant or the nice pictures from the site
- the rooms are clean and simple. But if you expect the luxury form the pictures on the website, it's a disappointment. Overall, it's a 4 stars room.
- the bathrooms are very dated. We stayed in a room ( 603 ) with a very unpleasant smell from the bathroom. After 2 days we complained at the reception and change the room with one in the same building ( 601). The second bathroom was smell-less ( :-) ) but still very dated.
- very bad and slow wi-fi connection on the main building. Practically, without internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine staying in the best five star Hotel in Zakynthos! Everything you desire, ultra luxury, idyllic landscapes & romantic sunsets, will be there to attract your imagination. The Mabely Grand Hotel is situated on one of the most picturesqe and tranquile areas of Zakynthos (Zante). On the edge of clear waters, full of green trees and a wide seafront of the Ionian sea, is an ideal place to rest, enjoy the unique colors of sunsets and be ready to make daily escapes in the nearby areas of the beautiful island of Zakynthos. The 5-star Mabely Grand Hotel built in April 2008, extents in an area of 60.000 square meters, a cape of extremely natural beauty, viewing the Cross of Kampi and the magic blue of the Ionian sea. Mabely Grand Hotel is located in the area of Kampi, 29 km from the Airport and 30 km from the town of Zakynthos. It is also only 15 km from the famous 'Shipwreck' beach, also known as 'Navagio' and 'Smugglers Cove'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mabely Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.