“Enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went here as a group of 4 friends. The restaurant is situated on the A1 and somewhat ordinary looking from the outside so it was a pleasure to discover that the decor inside was very nice indeed. The young staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful and the food was very good - we had come here on a Groupon deal so it was also very good value for money. We had a carafe of house wine at about £15 which was quite acceptable. There was enough people in the restaurant when we went to give some atmosphere - it is quite big inside. My only criticism and, unfortunately, it is quite an important one, is that ALL the staff need to be as welcoming and warm as the youngsters. Our friends, who had been once before, had commented that they found this to be the case on their previous visit.
Competition in our area is very fierce and this just might stop us from returning and we only live a few miles away.

1  Thank Heather S
There are newer reviews for Indian Chef

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The restaurant is situated on the A1 northbound in the village of Elkesley. It really isn't anything special to look at from the outside but there is ample parking and easy access. Once inside it is clean and modern decor. You are greeted at the door by a member of staff who show you to your table. There is a large and varied menu to choose from with some unusual dishes you won't see elsewhere. The fusion cuisine is a treat to the palate. Be adventurous and try something new. The first thing that struck me on my first visit was the freshness of ingredients. I've eaten indian food before as have most people but I had never eaten it where I could taste each ingredient, thats something you only get from freshness! The meals are well presented and the service is faultless. I have noticed that it is either very busy or very slow, I can only presume that the other reviewer came at a quiet time. I've visited many times and there had always been lots of people there, but thats just the luck of the draw. I've never had a bad meal and will continue to visit in the future. I try to have something different each time and so far haven't gone wrong.

1  Thank Kesira
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Went to this restaurant for a birthday meal - the lack of any other diners in the restaurant should have rung warning bells but we still went in. The food was okay, the service quick but then being the only diners it should be! For a mediocre meal, no atmosphere, we paid over the odds I think. It isn't somewhere we will be returning to. The restaurant looks out on to the A1 so not the most scenic.