Agriturismo I Cerretelli
Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa(Castelvecchio Pascoli)(Great Value!)
$400
Renaissance Hotels
Park Hotel Regina(Bagni di Lucca)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have just returned from a week staying at this wonderful hotel. It was perfect from the delightful traditional style bedrooms with cooking facilities to the beautiful grounds with the perfect swimming pool and views of the surrounding countryside. Our hostess Gioconda was a delight preparing scrumptious breakfasts every day serving them with a smile and telling us tales of the area. This is a truly perfect place to have a holiday. Barga was full of superb restaurants offering high standard local style delicious meals. If you don't want to drive Archie the local English speaking taxi will take you to wherever you need. He is full of information and always has a smile on his face. We would recommend a holiday in Agriturismo i Cerretelli to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
agneseeamelia, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Pat and Family,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review about my farm and thanks for your photos.It was a pleasure to have you as my guests
All the best and always in my heart!
yours Gioconda

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for one week in August having just managed to book with about a weeks notice as they had a cancellation. What a lucky find! Having negotiated the narrow twisting roads up the hillside we came upon the fabulous I Cerretelli perched on the hillside with amazing views over the valley and olive & vine planted terraces. The property, which has 6 apartments, has been lovingly restored in a traditional Tuscan style and furnished with antiques and artworks. Our apartment, which had great views over the valley and pool, was full of character with vaulted ceilings and beams whilst being equipped with a large bathroom and small kitchenette.
The pool was a bonus and very welcome in the Tuscan heat! The boys (13 & 16) also enjoyed a civilized game of croquet! The terrace was also equipped with table football, table tennis, children's swings and for the brave...mountain bikes! For the less adventurous there is plenty of seating in which to relax and enjoy the views and the peace & quiet! And if you are lucky Gioconda will bring you an espresso!
Gioconda was a perfect hostess! She was warm and hospitable. Her breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, and she was always able to recommend suitable places to visit.
We thoroughly enjoyed our week and would highly recommend this agriturismo to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
agneseeamelia, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Rachel and Family,
thanks a lot for your beautiful review.This is very important for me and for my farmholiday,
I hope to see you all again,
all the best,
yours Gioconda.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have just had a wonderful family holiday, 5 adults and a a 7 month old, and we cannot praise Il Cerretelli enough. The pool is perfect, with stunning views across the valley, breakfasts are wonderful, with home produced honey as an added treat, and most important of all, Giaconda is a warm and extremely helpful hostess- nothing is too much trouble.
One highlight was the trip up winding roads, to find a specialist porcini restaurant where we were the only guests - the Barga jazz festival was on, which was fun, and eating in Barga is always fine We also spent an afternoon and evening in Lucca which is less than an hour away.
No real downsides at all, except a suggestion that anti- mosquito coils could be a good idea- there were a lot about, but maybe this was just a bad year for them?
We will definitely return, and our grandson could not have had a better introduction to the joys of
Italian life!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
agneseeamelia, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Family,
many thanks for your review on my farm.A special kiss to your Beautiful Baby and to your Family,
with love,
Gioconda.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were for one week at the Cerretelli. We were really pleased by our staying. The place is very well located if you want to get a little bit of everything, nature and culture. It is also very good for children. The breakfast was very nice and the children were always looking forward to it! Gioconda is particularly a very nice and helpful host. Anything you need she will manage to get it for you!
My dear Gioconda, thank you for the very nice time at your place. We send you kisses and love specially Emma!
Elisabeth and family

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
agneseeamelia, Proprietario at Agriturismo I Cerretelli, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Family,
many thaks for your words about my farmholiday,it's very important for me.
I send my best regards to your Family and a big kiss to my beautiful Emma and her Brother,
thanks again,
Gioconda

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed four days with our teenage daughter and would love to go back. The setting is beautiful; the welcome generous and hospitable. We took hundreds of photos but could never do justice to the views. It's a short and easy walk through the woods up to Tiglio Alto where they're even more stunning.

Gioconda was always helpful. Not everything we needed was in the apartment, but she quickly provided whatever we asked for (forks, saucepan, etc). She also added extra touches, for example bringing us an espresso after a trip out, and doing all our washing.

There's a file in the apartment with valuable and comprehensive information about the surrounding area, to help you make the most of your stay. We spent most of our time enjoying I Cerretelli, the pool, and the view.

It's true our apartment was next to an electricity pylon but that didn't bother us. The last little bit of road (through the village) really is very narrow, so we left the car in the village car park most of the time.

We were sad to leave, my husband wants to stay for a fortnight next time.

Dear Family,
thanks a lot for your review .I'm happy to know that your holiday was beautiful in my farmholiday,This is very important for me.
thanks a lot,