“Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time and most certainly will be back. I am from Baltimore and know crab cakes. These are the best lump crab cakes in the city. Jennifer was a great server and we are looking forward to eating here very soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Stuart K

“Local is good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I liked the easy comfort and great tasting food. Service is quick and Jennifer made us feel like old friends. Don't miss out on our local flavor!!

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Saturday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We get take out from Mercers at least once a month. The steaks are good ....like the fried shrimp and oysters but they used to have a Filet Mignon that was excellent..... NOT on menu anymore!! Disappointed ! Please put back on menu! When we DO go and dine there the service is good! Lots of Wilmington Island young people working there! We went this past Saturday night..... we ordered the fried seafood appetizers.....very good! And we LOVED being there! Had a great band( young people) butReminded us of all the times we spent there when years ago it was Oyster Bar and (before THAT....AUSTIN'S ( for all you Island friends!!) saw old friends, saw friends of my children that we watched grow up, and had a great time!!!! We stopped going when it turned into a Sports Bar...... But if they keep having these bands on the weekends, we will definetly return!!! And I just heard that Michael from Michaels Cafe that closed is the new chef!! Yay!! Miss them!! Want his potato salad on menu!!!!! AND......our waitress, Candy, was EXCEPTIONAL! Sweetest, most well mannered young lady!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Nothing like the Oyster Bar....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is no replacement for the Oyster Bar that was previously on this property. Food is mediocre at best, service ok, and priced beyond what mediocre is worth. I keep thinking we should give them another try since they were fairly new on our previous visit, but honestly, there was nothing that we can think of to warrant another return.....

• Visited September 2012
“"Surprise, surprise, surprise!!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

With my wife and I both having passed on lunch, we decided to have an early dinner at 4:00 in the afternoon. I used TripAdvisor to look at where to eat and, with little surprise, found most places do not open for dinner until 5:00 or later. I could not find the hours on Mercer's website and called to find they opened at 3:00, so we headed in. Mercer's has been open a while, but my wife (who does not eat seafood) and I have not been there. What a mistake! We sat at a booth in the bar area as the main dining room was not open yet, but were quite pleased with the atmosphere (a few locals were ponied up to the bar). Our server was outstanding, as she knew the full menu very well and helped us pick our meals. She was also very attentive given she was working both the bar and the booths. I was quite hungry and had the she crab soup, a ceasar salad and the crispy scored flounder. The soup was out of this world!!! Instead of the regular cream base, some tomato was added in which gave it an unusual but delicious flavor. The salad was ok as the ceasar dressing was institutional rather than kitchen made. The flounder was outstanding! Cooked perfectly with an appricot mustard sauce. My wife had a roast beef sandwich. While roast beef sandwiches do not impress, this one did. The beef was sliced very thin with an au jous that obviously came directly from the cut of meat. Delicious. I cannot believe my wife and I have passed on Mercer's all this time. We will DEFINATELY be back.

• Visited April 2013