“Delusional”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Delusional”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have eaten the best restaurants in the US and have low expectations for any restaurant in Columbus. However, we were so impressed, we had returned several times (but, never on the weekend). Huge mistake. The restaurant runs well Monday - Thursday, but fails catastrophically, on the weekends. The worst part is the management. The manager, who never introduced herself, proceeded to provide excuses for the staff and the fact that she "supports her team" and the restaurant is "this is the way it is on the weekends". The short ribs looked and tasted like Alpo -seriously. Do not go to this place on the weekend. Period.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paradise21

“Great place”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars. Outstanding food and service. Reading these reviews it seems the only real complaint is that it is more expensive than an Applebees. It is. The reason is that the food is made from scratch. It is well worth the price.

Powell, OH
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our first time at this little gem. Met friends who had been there on numerous occasions. Was energetic, friendly and welcoming. We will be back, particularly since a patio is being built that will expand the capacity in the summer. We were met by a liaison at the table, then with our two very attentive servers. The service was quite impressive and the scallops were divine.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank OHVacationGal
Chicago, Illinois
“Favorite Columbus Spot!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Third and Hollywood. All I can say is I continuously crave it! Where to start?

Well, beware, they DO NOT take reservations or call aheads. But they do greet you at the door and in the sweetest tone and smile say that their wait shouldn't be longer than an hour and a half.

The thing with that is, normally, I would never wait that long for a restaurant. But when it comes to Third and Hollywood, I honestly dont mind waiting that long. You go to the bar or stand by the fireplace and a waitress offers you a bottle of wine to get you started. You socialize while dreaming of sitting at a table eating their glorious food. One time, we were even waiting, and say this waiter carrying a pecan pie sundae that looked, well, to die for. I couldn't help myself but gawk and drool, and then he gave it to us free of charge because he saw how excited we were! The atmosphere there is great. Its fun, trendy, elegant, casual, cozy, friendly... everything! This is my friend's new weekend spot, that isn't really new anymore.

Now on to the food. I am not a picky eater, but when I love a restaurant, I usually love a certain item on their menu, and I get it every time I go. Not here! Their menu isnt the largest, but it does have some quality, delish food. Every time I go, I end up getting something new--- unheard of from me! I've tried their steak (melts in your mouth), mussels, bacon wrapped dates (to die for), ceaser salad, veggie burger, real burger, chicken sandwich, veggie platter, biscuits, chopped salad, pecan pie sundae, fries (so good), tuna, and the list still goes on. I am always pleased with the meal I get! They also are very accommodating, if something does not meet your standards, or if something is messed up, they usually take it off the check without a peep.

So, all in all, every weekend I itch to go back... even though I know I will be waiting at least an hour before I get seated. Do I wish they took reservations? Of course. But honestly, as I have said... it is worth it :)
(they should probably treat me with more pecan pie for this fantastic review, right??)

• Visited February 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Always good fun!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just another typical meal at the "Third". Food and ambience is always very good here. The wine prices are also very fair compared with other comparable establishments. Last night was no exception. I had to give them a little black mark last night for service which I thought was very weak. However, I will still return every time I am in Columbus. Our waitress had a trainee with her and I am sure that was the reason for the slowness. All forgiven and will be back next trip.

• Visited January 2013