“average pub food but great atmosphere”
Review of Cock Crow Inn

Cock Crow Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“average pub food but great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

nothing special, reheated pub grub from what I could tell, but always packed for a quiz night, so well worth a trip down

Visited February 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Grease Fest”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The menu was confusing as it didn’t explain very well about how the courses worked as it advised that there was a 2 course option but it had 3 courses on the menu. However it turned out that you had to get a main and a desert and got a starter to share between each group of 2. The starters tasted like frozen Iceland party food specials and the mushroom balls where just awful. For the mains me and my friend both got the 3 foot long sausage and chips which was meant to be an eating challenge and get something for completing it. I expected a nice round nicely displayed sausage what I got was 3 foot long sausages in a mountain of grease everything was greasy. We both finished it but not one single member of staff noticed!!! I will not be going back.

• Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We dined as a party of 4 adults and 2 children.
Total cost was £44. I wouldn't say this is particularly cheap but not expensive either.
Service was excellent. I like that they go over your order again with you at your table when they bring cutlery and condiments.
Food arrived fairly quickly and all meals were well presented and piping hot.
No complaints from any us. All meals were very nice.
Will definitely be returning in the future.

“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there for a quiet meal with my wife. This was our first visit ....Great service and very happy with the food excellent value. We will certainly be back.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I also haven't been here for a while and was bitterly disappointed. Ordered ham, egg and chips and the ham was full of fat, the eggs were like greasy slop and the chips were cold. Even my drink had something floating in it. Might be cheap but I wouldn't pay a penny for food like that. Don't waste your money.