“Sunday Lunch”

Mambos II
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: this is a new restaurant opened in December 2011 it is owned by the same people as mambos at south shields (listed)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been going here for Sunday lunch since it opened. Originally it was up there amongst the best sunday lunches I had ever had, massive Yorkshires, beautiful tasty fresh vegetables, excellent roasties, really top quality mash & beautiful freshly carved meat. Then,,,,,,for some reason the last few times I have been the meat is now that ultra thin, pre-sliced, tasteless stuff that looks like it has been bought already cooked and sliced from a sandwhich shop! Massive let-down and a massive shame for a place that takes cooking lovely fresh food seriously, I can't get my head around why they would do this! Mambos 2 please get back to doing proper roast meats as until then I will have to go elsewhere for my sunday lunch!!

1 Thank JWSkyline

Jarrow, United Kingdom
“The True taste of italy”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I eat in mambos 2 all time and i always enjoy my food the staff are really friendly everytime i go there i select from the special menu and this never disappoints me .this week i tried the special bruscetta with beans and the blue cheese croquette with basil mayonnaise the food was delicious as always and very well presented i love mambos 2 its my all time favourite and i have had the privilege of meeting the chef when he came to our table to thank us for our compliment and as long as the chef at mambos 2 remains to serve good food of the quality he is i will always be a satisfied regular . Hats off to the chef

• Visited March 2014
“Poor customer service for returning customers.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Been to Mambos 2 quite a few times as its local and all the times before it I have never felt the need to complain to the wider TA public but feel its necessary that people should be aware that Mambos does not have customer satisfaction in their plan of service. Its more of what they can get away with, smile and shimmy you out the door.

They have recently changed the menu and have added quite a few additions. Most of them seem appetising enough. On our previous visits the food has been reasonable enough. Its not out of this world amazing but you get what you pay for and all that (although you do feel that its perhaps a bit ambitious)

On this occasion I settled for Black Pudding and pepper sauce. Simple dish and tasteful yes. My lass had the new starter of Crostini Diavola. Starters were nice and on moving on to the mains and I opted for the new Zafferano Risotto. The missus had one of the new Filleto Mambo and to be fair she gave it a thumbs up. Came to the table, looked nice and she was happy. The Zafferano however was very very poor. At first I thought it was just my taste buds that were screaming for the taste of "Italian Arborio rice with chicken and onion in a delicate creamy saffron sauce". After a few mouthfuls it was obvious that what we had was tasteless £8.95 mush. No amount of black pepper or parmesan cheese was going to lift this dish. After a few minutes the manager came across and asked how everything was. I mentioned the fact that the dish was poor and to be fair he asked if I would like anything else ( at a cost of course) By that stage and response the lack of appetite set in. The manager said he would tell the 'chef' and pass it on. I hope he did because there is no way the 'chef' has sat down on a new menu taster with his staff and actually thought the £8.95 tasteless mush is something that should be added to the menu. Kindly my lass fed me some steak and I snaffled up the remaining side of asparagus with parmesan. In the early stages of eating the mush I cut up a few spears of mighty green vegetable to try and infuse the mush with some taste. It failed.

So in summary Mambos has never been perfect to be honest. On speaking to other customers who dine there they too have had issues when it comes to food tasting bland or steaks not being cooked as ordered. They too have been fed the spiel of the management telling the chef yet the point is that there is nothing to appease the customer. I was pretty shocked to find that the £8.95 mush was added to the bill. Just a smile going out the door with the call of "I've told the chef, I'll make it up to you next time...." You see thats where Mambos are mistaken. There ain't going to be a next time. Its a shame because some of the staff are genuinely nice and we (family, friends included) classed it as our local go to restaurant. However when Im handing hard earned money over and as returning customer showing some loyalty then its not a lot to ask for some of that loyalty to be returned from the restaurant. Hey maybe business is booming and who cares what I think but I just had to get it out there and let the TA public know exactly the type of 'shut up and eat it' service they can expect when they order something which is blatantly poor.

Arrivederci Mambos!!

3 Thank Stuartyboy79
Hebburn, United Kingdom
“Mambos 2 Hebburn”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Often go on a Saturday afternoon,.delicious spicy Clazone, smothered with tomato sauce and parmasan cheese, Washed down with a flagon of Peroni beer! Lush!

• Visited February 2014
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“RECOMMEND”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Really nice place, if you haven't been yet I would make sure you do. Friendly staff and delicious food, been several times and will always go back.