“New chef, wow!! :)”

Mambos II
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: this is a new restaurant opened in December 2011 it is owned by the same people as mambos at south shields (listed)
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My partner and I frequented mambos II often as we live very close to it since it opened however my most recent trip came after a 5 month gap. I was totally blown away by the change in the food! The head chef, a true Italian gentleman, mixes food perfection with presentation that would rival a Michelin starred restaurant in my own opinion! The staff are always friendly, it truly is service with a smile :)
A special touch came at the end of the meal when the head chef came out to thank us for our nice comments on his food!
Clean, good atmosphere, friendly service, lovely decor and amazing food! Couldn't ask for more and it's just a short walk away, lucky me!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is by far my favorite restaurant always fab food and staff great. Very relaxed. Been here lots. Very reasonable prices for such high quality food.

2  Thank Nicolagraham4
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Mambos 2 is great restaurant! Visited here 5 times now and have not failed to disappoint! I visited here last week celebrating my 21st birthday with 17 people and it was perfect. Food and service was fab!! Thank you to all the waiters from last night for coping with the loud bunch. Definitely recommend the prawns for starters and seafood risotto. Very tasty!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Rang to book a table for 9.30 pm - no problem
Arrived on time to be told kitchen closes at 10 pm.....

Manager very impatient no customer service, waitress very pleasant.

Food nothing special certainly would not recommend!

Lights turned off before we had asked for bill - awful atmosphere, will not go again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I came here with friends for one of a number of 60th birthday treats. There is only one restaurant in Hebburn, the rest are pubs and we wanted to be very local so no driving. The service was very speedy and we felt a bit pressured to order although the place was not busy, I put this down to super keenness though, which is not a bad thing. Food is authentic, good quality Italian with a selection of more special dishes. We all enjoyed our food very much and would definitely re visit.
It is not expensive either.