“Good value local restaurant”
Review of Mambos II

Mambos II
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: this is a new restaurant opened in December 2011 it is owned by the same people as mambos at south shields (listed)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I came here with friends for one of a number of 60th birthday treats. There is only one restaurant in Hebburn, the rest are pubs and we wanted to be very local so no driving. The service was very speedy and we felt a bit pressured to order although the place was not busy, I put this down to super keenness though, which is not a bad thing. Food is authentic, good quality Italian with a selection of more special dishes. We all enjoyed our food very much and would definitely re visit.
It is not expensive either.

There are newer reviews for Mambos II

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We went at about 6.30 on a Monday and there were about 5 other couples in. The food was nice enough, I had the stuffed pepper which was lovely and a pizza which was a little greasy. My husband had the bruschetta which wasn't great and a calzone which was nice. The pizzas are big I would suggest a smaller pizza and reduce the price, but that's just my opinion. I'd go back.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Mambos 1, thought I would give their sister restaurant a visit. Wow, superb. From my greeting from the manager as we arrived, the excellent barman,Simon, through to waitress and the food were excellent. A busy saturday night, large tables of parties, they still managed to give attentive service. I ordered the gamberoni piccanti (king prawns) and my other half had a calzone pizza, both were delivered with perfection and piping hot. A really good night was had, brilliant atmosphere.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

When I telephoned to make the booking for 7:45 on a Friday I was told "that should be OK". That should have rang alarm bells and told me we were being squeezed in, but at the time I over looked this comment. We arrived at 7:40 and were shown to our table and waited some time to be given a menu and a drinks order to be taken. I eventually ordered some drinks and a bottle of rose wine, the drinks arrived and the wine was offered for me to taste however it was only just below room temperature, when I commented on the wine not being chilled a wine sleeve was brought and put on the bottle, this in it's self was not very cold and had little effect on cooling the wine. Eventually an ice bucket was brought which solved the problem. our order was then taken and 30min later we had the starters, which every one enjoyed. After the plates were cleared we had to wait another 30 min for the main course. It was as if we had been forgotten as other diners who came in after us were served before us. When our food did arrive it was enjoyed by all, although fully cooked it was not very hot on one side of my dish, as if it had been standing on a hot plate waiting to be served for some time. I can not fault the food it's self, but the service was to slow. When booking I would much prefer that we were offered a different time, then be squeezed in with the consequential loss of quality service. Overall Food was 4* service 2* prices were what I would expect to pay in a out of city centre restaurant.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arriving at 6pm on a Thursday night (having made a reservation), we found there were only two other tables occupied. Despite this it took a considerable time for our soft drinks order to be taken and then they were sent back as incorrect!

This gave us plenty of time to peruse the menus (regular menu and chef specials). For starters we had potato skins (£3.70) and black pudding with peppercorn sauce (£4.50) which were both good sized portions and presented nicely,

For mains we had a quatro stagioni pizza (£6.70) which had a nice thin base a plenty of topping and seafood risotto (£8.90) which had just the right balance of garlic and seafood.

For desserts we had chocolate fudge cake (which was slightly dry and would have benefited from some accompanying ice cream) and cheesecake. These were both beautifully presented but the small portions were swamped on the plates.

Finishing off with tea and coffee (with complimentary amaretti biscuits), the bill came to a little over £30 which was reasonable.

Thankfully we were not in a hurry as the slow service meant we were there for nearly 2½ hours.