“Decent food and prices”

Mambos II
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hebburn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: this is a new restaurant opened in December 2011 it is owned by the same people as mambos at south shields (listed)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Decent food and prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Mambos will probably never win any awards for it's food, but if you are in Hebburn or nearby it is well worth a visit. Typical Italian pizza/pasta fare, but done pretty well and all reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2012

“food excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

the restaurant is very authentic, the food is superb, reasonably priced but not cheap. you get what you pay for. the staff cannot do enough to help you.

Visited October 2012
Hebburn, Tyne & Wear, England
“always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is great restaurant and I have been many times with work adn friends, Its on my door step so even better. Staff are Fab and friendly and very welcoming...

Visited November 2012
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor, nice food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my first experience of a mambos restaurant. The decor was excellent and gave the place a relaxed feel. The staff were excellent and attentive and could not be faulted. The meal was reasonabley priced and was of a good standard without being exceptional( I like garlic bread to taste of garlic). The main meal was very good and the portion was reasonable. One gripe is the fact I asked for a pint of guinness which was £3-70 and it came in a can, way over the top. A pint of smoothflow beer was £3-50. Lovely setting, nice meal, enjoyable experience.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor, disgusted staff don't receive there tips. Beware! The standard of food is poor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went to mambos in hebburn with a friend, got our drinks fairly qwickly, took half an hour to order our meals which we were starving at this point.got our starters, not value for money, greesy potatoe skins! Afta eatin my starter it then took a further 20 minutes for my plates to be cleard. Then another 20 for them to come out, when I recived my pasta dish it was very tasty but very dry, not good. I went on to have a second drink, wilst deciding on sum deserts I could understand the restaurant was very busy and the young staff were rushing about, wilst I felt 3 people behind the bar chatting should have helped in the restaurant abit more to help the service along.if the bar isn't busy it does not take two people. Hence the reason I waited so long! I didn't get a desert as time was getting on and I had to be back, but for mambos being such a beutifull place, I mean he, or she must have spent a large amount of money on the place then maybe the lack of staff or certain staffs input in the place is very much needed. I were going to leave a 2 pound tip for the staf that actualy had been none stop working until my friend told me she heard staff don't receive there tips and it goes to management. I think this is disgusting I tip the waiter/waitress for there service not the management! I am disgusted. They are most likley to be on minimum wage so I can't understand when a customer leaves a tip why the hell don't they receive it. But no the wonder the restaurant looks lovly when the staff are clearly paying for it with there hard work. One word pure greed! People leave money for the waiters, waitress. Not mr/mrs mambos them selfs.

1 Thank 12toshi12