“Great experience”
Review of Puck's Farm

Puck's Farm
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Schomberg
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We took the kids there this past weekend. We were able to milk a cow, see the animals, take a hay ride, ride the rides, ride a pony (I was happy to guide the pony with my child on it - made a great picture!).

Don't believe the reviews - it's a farm - of course you'll smell farm stuff sometimes. Experience nature and get rid of the video games and electronic false reality!

4  Thank Michael K

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sisters and I took our husbands and children for thanksgiving weekend. What a disappointment! ALL of the workers were either miserable, rude or just plan dumb. The "pumpkin patch" was an overgrown field with bought pumpkins just thrown randomly throughout. There were wasps everywhere (my nephew got stung). The animals were in dirty pens. The general store was closed and there was only one tiny cart to eat from. On top of all that they charge $15 entrance fee per person! There at much nicer, cleaner and friendlier farms around to visit, so needless to say we will never go back!

2  Thank Ahmccue
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have never felt so scared for kids on a feild trip. The maze is made of trees that can poke a kids eye out. The pony rides where done by parents. The staff only put kids on horses. The parents did the rest. The barns are dirty and the animals didn't look healthy. Buildings ate falling apart. The outside was cleaner then the bathroom. The hay ride was scary. The horses didn't want to pull us. Not even one hand sanitizer machine worked or was filled. Empty beer cases were littered every where. The miking cow was tied up to a tree with no water and it was a warm day. Garbage was every where. All animals that were lose would follow you every where for your food. The pumkin patch sucked. The weeds where taller then my six year old boy. The front entrance is a wrecking yard with broken vehicles everywhere. To get to the barn you need to go through an old store building that was filled with beer emptys and garbage. If you like to go dumpster diving then this is a place for you. If it wasn't for great teachers and parents that were there then there would have been trouble or even worse. So please save your family and dont go. It is safer to take your kids to a dump and see bears then going to this place. Farmer Kevin should not work with kids. All he did was yell at the kids and animals and said to them if you don't shut up you won't be taking part in the activity. We had kids with disabilities and can't control what they are doing and he would just yell at them.. So please save your money and your family and don't go there...

6  Thank redteddie
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I can't say enough negative things about our experience this past weekend (Sept 29, 2012). We had been thinking that this would be a nice fall, family, interactive experience for our 2 year old daughter. What we got was a complete waste of time and money.

Now before I go on, I admit that I should have just left after tthe first 2 minutes and demanded my money back, BUT we had already spent an hr looking for another Pumkin farm in Orangeville with no success, so with 2 kids in toe we stayed. BIG MISTAKE.

It cost $ 20 for myself and my wife. The only good thing was that they let my daughter in free.
Since we hadn't eaten iin about 4-5 hrs we were starving. They had a chip truck, so we ordered 2 hot dogs, 1 fry and 2 drinks. The guy behind the counter had no clue what to do, couldn't make change for a 20 and basically told me he was having problems since he was so hung over.

If you have ignored all the posts and gone to the place DO NOT buy food. The fries looked anemic, the hot dogs were gross. The drinks (caned pop) was okay. Even they couldn't screw that up.

While we're eating goats are roamiing around and you have to constantly push them away or they will eat your food. Not a nice or safe place for kids.

The barns were closed off, the General Store door was blocked with old furnature and the place was filled with empty beer cases. Now we know how the guy at the chip truck got his hangover, and based on the large number of empty 24 cases this is a regular occurance.

We decided to go on the wagon ride, as there was nothing else to do. Well that was a pleasnt 3 minutes, if you don't count the driver yelling at the horses the entire time.

We then decided to try the pony ride. They had 4 ponies , one of which was favouring one foot AND the the saddle wasn't strapped on. After waiting for ANYONE from Puck's to help us, we were told by another patron that it was basicallly serve yourself. II felt sorry for the donkies as they looked neglected.

The washrooms were so disgusting that you didn't even want to use them. The first thing I did after exiting was to use Purell.

To add insult to injury we were told to grab a pumkin from one of the derelect building. When we went in there was a small pile of small pumpkins to choose from. My daughter picked hers out. As we were going past the exit the lady tells us that we have to pay for the tiny pumkin. Are you F%$#&^% kidding me.

The friends that came with us (a retired teacher) had been there in the 80's with his class and said that it was once a great place to take kids. Now it is just a run down, dirty, pathetic farm that is operated by people who don't seem to care or realize how low the place has sunk. I would agree with the person who posted that it is now just a money grab. If I could have given the place a negative rating I could have, but 1 is the lowest I could go.

They gave us free coupons for their big October events, but I will NEVER go back and I will tell and encourage anyone I talk to, to do the same.

If anyone connected with the Humane Society is reading this I'd suggest checking the place out to make sure that the animals are not being neglected. The same goes for the agency that monitors restaurants. The chip truck needs to be re-inspected and probably closed.

Before I found this site and read the other negative reviews I thought that perhaps we had cought them on a REALLY bad day. Based on the reviews they haven't had a good day in a LONG, LONG time.

27  Thank TIMKatBoo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was a parent assistant for my child's school field trip to Puck's farm. When we arrived they didn't know we were coming despite the booking having been made months in advance. They encouraged us to 'walk through the maze' which walking slowly & stepping around the animal feces only took 5 minutes. When the owner & staff were finally organized the children went on pony rides as guided by parents/staff from the school. Puck's farm staff assisted children on/off of the pony and while waiting between children stood to the side smoking or making out. The farm, barn & animals were worse than filthy. The staff were inappropriately dressed. The "tour" through the barn wasn't even close to educational or productive. The best part of the trip included an overview of a jersey cow & each of the children had the opportunity to try milking the cow - this was the ONLY positive part of this trip. The final part of the visit was a 5 min hay ride during which the owner of Puck's Farm modelled incorrect grammar to the children on multiple occasions. The sadest part was that this is a beautiful property that isn't being cared for or maintained. This was a huge waste of time and money. I hope this saves others from a similar waste.

6  Thank 645Becky