“Warm friendly staff in this traditional coaching Inn”
Review of The Bay Horse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winton
The Bay Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Winton B&B and Inns
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Warm friendly staff in this traditional coaching Inn”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here after travelling up to the lakes after work and were met with a warm welcome from staff. had a lovely evening meal and retired to the Red Room, which was comfortable and clean with plenty of storage should you stay any longer. Breakfast was good and plenty of choice. This was a great place to start our exploration of the Lakes. Pity we were going so far west (Ravenglass) or would have stayed for more than one night. Best hotel of our long weekend (we stopped in 3). Would definately stop again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
lancashire england
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Myself and my wife had planned to stay 2 nights , however after the 1st night we decided 1 night was more than enough , on arrival the room seemed ok , however we were interuppted by the owners young daughter bursting in to our room on the afternoon we arrived , closely followed by another kid being shouted at for whatever in the hallway outside our room , however the worst was yet tocome ! on the morning we awoke my wife had a shower and when she reached for the towel which was folded up neatly , it was evident that not only was it a Dirty towel but it smealt of vomit and had brown stains on it , when we confronted the owner she offered little apology for these incidents and told us the towels must have got mixed up with the dogs towels and to add insult to injury she then overcharged us the price of the room , got the bar bill all mixed up , which i had only realised after we had settled up and left the premesis . i have phoned her twice about the overcharge and have not heard back from her , she is clearly ignoring me ! STAY HERE AT YOUR PERIL , believe me i am not the kind of person who would normally complain , but i feel it's my duty to let people know that this is not a great place to stay !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: One with clean towels if they remember not to put the dogs towel in your room!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jul30
Rebecca124, Owner at The Bay Horse Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I am deeply saddened that our esteemed guests did not enjoy their visit to our delightful village pub. We are highly recommended on both Laterooms and Trip advisor and have a high percent of repeat bookings with no complaints. In fact this is the first complaint we have recieved and came as a shock someone should suggest you should 'VISIT AT YOUR PERIL' and 'AVOID AT ALL COSTS'. When the other 99% of guests couldn't recommend us highly enough, I guess you can't win them all. In response to our unhappy campers complaints, I did say after the description of the offensive towel, that I couldn't see how one of the guests towels, could have been in such a state, unless by some horrendous error my young girl (housekeeper) could have mixed it up with the dogs (perhaps not the brightest thing to say I admit, However I was a little shocked to be recieving such a complaint). I apologised profusely for the genuine error and promise to put things right and ensure their experience at The Bay Horse Inn would be a happy and pleasant one if they would like to stay another night as planned. To which my guest replied they had loved the pub and the food and had enjoyed their evening, however there was another incident that had upset her and she wasn't going to mention it but. . . . . . . My little girl had popped her head around the guests door ( which was unlocked) and proceeded to show off her new cardigan she had just received from her Nanna. The guest then refers to me reprimanded the Children from being in the guest quarters and sending them on their way. My response to my esteemed guests is I apologised for my daughters presence, however if it had upset them so much it is perhaps best if they did move on as I felt I couldn't placate them in anyway. I promptly printed their bill and asked them to check it before payment and we said our goodbye's. I did check the offensive towel and didnt find the description given was entirely accurate and thank the lord the dogs towel had not made it into our guests bedroom but was still firmly in the laundry room where it is kept! Our esteemed guests did call me on a busy Friday evening to explain they felt there was discrepencies with their bill. I asked them to call back on Monday as we had a busy weekend ahead and I would be happy to refund them. They did indeed call and a Message was taken, I have been slow in replying as we have been very busy, I have since sent the couple a cheque and hopefully that is the end of the matter. We work very hard to provide a friendly and proffesional service for our guests and if you read our other reviews you will find we more often than not ( not been this occaison) do. Regards, Rebecca
Kirkby Stephen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We celebrated my birthday at the Bay Horse last Saturday night and everything was perfect. The pub has great atmosphere, friendly hosts and staff, good food and is always buzzing (have met up with friends in there several times and it's never dead). In short, it is what every English village pub should be. We run a B&B nearby and when we're not cooking for our guests, the Bay Horse is the first place we recommend to eat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cumbriancastle
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We travelled from the Outter Hebrides for a break away. We found a wonderful little pub run by a hard working husband and wife team. The welcome was real not forced. Their enthusiasm for their pub was infectious. The room was comfortable quite and en suite.
The bar area is a traditional country pub something to be treasured in these days of themed bars. Four real ale pumps brought forth good beer a selection to cater for all tastes strong dark to light IPA. The chef make all the food to order, it takes a few minutes but worth it in every way. I would recommend beef and ale pie, it is a work of art. we booked for two nights and enjoyed it so much we stayed another nigh to try more from the menu. I think that says it all really

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laverda998
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The room was recently renovated to an excellent standard. The restaurant service and food were second to none and the welcome and friendliness were brilliant.
Like stepping back in time, the pub has a wonderful atmosphere and a great choice of real ales. Would highly recommend a stay here. I'll definitely be going back!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Yorkshire
Reviewed July 23, 2010

What a lovely little pub. Stayed here overnight as treat on our way to the Lakes and what a find it was. Apparently the managers are new but you would never guess as it all seems to run so smoothly.
Great customer service and fantastic food are obviously important here (Chef Richard's meals are absolutely delish!) and the newly refurbished guest rooms are very nicely done (or at least the one we stayed in was). The bar is very olde world, with a real inglenook fireplace and a great choice of beers. Add all this to the fact that the location is in the heart of a real village and you have a winner. Great place and will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsScandude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winton
The Inn at Brough
#1 of 5 in Ravenstonedale
The Old Croft House
The Old Croft House
#4 of 25 in Kirkby Stephen

Been to The Bay Horse Inn? Share your experiences!