“Impolite waiters and terrible service”
Review of Suki's - CLOSED

Suki's
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant has now closed. Please visit our sister restaurant The Vine in West Bromwich Thanks ;)
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I visited Sukis on Saturday 27 April at 8.00pm with my family. There were 5 of us. We are regular customers at Sukhi's but I am appalled at the service I received.

We asked for a bottle of wine on arrival with 3 glasses and they were served at out table. The waiter told us that the rest of the bottle would be kept behind the bar, which we were fine with. Upon finishing our glasses of wine, we asked the waiter to bring the remaining wine over to our table which should have had at least half a glass of wine remaining in it or slightly less (but we would be ordering a second bottle of wine at the same time).

The waiter told us that there was no more wine left in our bottle, having told us previously that the remainder of the bottle would be kept behind the bar. I questioned this with the waiter who then brought a senior waiter to our table who embarrassed us by loudly asking 'what the problem was' in a restaurant full of people. I told the waiter that I ddin't want to make a scene and if he could lower his voice but as we drink wine I am well aware of how many glasses of wine that can be taken from one bottle and that our glasses were not full to the brim to begin with, hence some wine should be left over. The waiter said loudly that there was no wine and he had poured the entire bottle into 3 glasses (which he had not done) so then finishing the bottle. However we were also told by the same waiter that when the glasses first arrived at the table that the rest was being kept behind the bar. Again there should have been at least half a glass of wine left in the bottle or less.

After being embarrassed at the table by the waiter as he refused to believe that there was any wine left, I ordered another bottle of wine (which I would have done regardless).

After finishing the meal I asked if we could take the remaining 2 meat dishes home and the 1 vegetarian dish. When the dishes first arrived to the table I asked the waiter to place the meat dishes at one end of the table and the vegetarian dish at the other as my mum is a strict vegetarian. However the next day, my mum went to eat her remaining vegetarian dish and found chicken and sauce in her dish as the waiter had used the same spoon when transferring the remaining dishes into take away containers. The lack of thought and attention from your waiters is unacceptable.

As I left the restaurant I explained to the waiter that I would be making a complaint regarding the wine (at this point I has not opened the takeaway containers). Instead of asking me not to and trying to rectify the situation he grabbed an empty wine bottle and filled it to the top with water and poured the water from the bottle into 3 glasses to the brim of each glass and said 'see there are 3 glasses per bottle'. The wine in the 3 glasses we received at the start of the meal were NOT filled to the brim.

We left Suki's feeling very angry and humiliated. We have been eating at Suki's as a family on a regular basis over the last 5 years and are appalled at what happened on our visit on Saturday 27 April.

1  Thank Harps82
SukisRestaurant, Manager at Suki's, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hi, I was sorry to hear you'd had this confusion with the wine when you visited us earlier this year. I've spoken to staff about it, and as a regular customer, hope you realise that this is not typical of our service at Suki's. I also hope this won't keep you from visiting us again, and allow us the opportunity to prove that this is a very untypical experience.

There are newer reviews for Suki's

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have eaten many times at Suki's, and have also had take away meals.
The food and service has always been excellent and would recommend this restaurant.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Suki's loads of times over the years. Eating in, the food has always been lovely and piping hot. Service has been excellent.
But sometimes you don't feel like going out so we ordered in and the food left a lot to be desired. The rice was watery, ?defrosted. The whole curry just wasn't the same. It was on more then one occasion to.
It is a little bit overpriced but i don't mind paying it, if the food is nice. I still go and eat in the restaurant but haven't ordered a take away since.
I recommend eating in the restaurant but don't take out.

Delighted to hear you enjoy dining in Kayleigh, though I can assure you, the food we prepare for takeaways is exactly the same as the dishes for those dining in - everything is cooked fresh to order, which is why there may sometimes be a delay, but we think it's worth the wait! I can only apologise that you felt you didn't have the best experience when you ordered food to takeaway but hope it won't put you off doing so again, as we'd like to prove that our food is delicious wherever you eat it! Thanks again for taking the time to leave feedback, it's much appreciated.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for a birthday meal with my grandson. We were a large party but our food arrived more or less together.
Seating was comfortable and service was friendly and helpful. Not the usual balti menu and lots to choose from - I had a goat meat dish.
Price wise reasonable. Adequate parking I will be making another visit

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Second time I had visited and well worth it.
The food was very good and there was no rush to get you out the door even though it was a Friday night.