“Hidden pub gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beehive Inn

The Beehive Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Combs
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: traditional pub in the heart of the peak district, offering great fresh home cooked food 7 days a week.
Lasne, Belgium
“Hidden pub gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lovely draught, local beer. Excellent menu of fresh food,served with a smile. Hidden down a lane in a beautiful valley for walking . Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Angela S

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great pub, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Here`s a place with character, a typical English pub with cheerful service and a friendly welcome. The people watching was pretty good too. It was evening and a bit rainy so we were limited to inside. I went with the prawn salad and thought it very good. She tried the lamb and was duly impressed. I asked for a pint of something local and that was good too. A typical pub evening, good food, good service, a bit of charm and character - a fine ending to a visit to the Peak District.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank AJ&ERtravel
New Mills, United Kingdom
“nice food shame about the dogs!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Firstly, I am an animal lover and have had many dogs and cats myself.

We rang the Inn to reserve a table this evening and were told that they could only accommodate 5 of us in the 'tap' room.

What were weren't told was that despite a lovely warm evening and outside seating dog owners bring their dogs into the small 'tap' room.

Sadly, the latter part of the meal was in the company of 5 dogs, some rather smelly and lolling on the floor, requiring the bar staff and my grand daughter to step around and over them.

The food was nice and good value. However, I really do think that anyone that telephones for a table would not expect a small room where food is served to contain animals other than guide dogs unless explicitly informed.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Maysie T
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely area, shame about the pub food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My Husband and I went to this pub for a late afternoon dinner after our walk.
I had the Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, The beef was pre-packed type not sure what you call it, but definitely was not cooked that day, I think the new potatoes was fresh but everything else was frozen.
My Husband had the steak and ale pie which he said was nice, but was served with oven chips.
We both had the cheesecake which was nice, so was the beer and larger.
I did say to the waitress when she collected our plates that the beef was not nice, she said that she would mention it to the chef, but no one approached me, so very dissapointed in that, if some one had asked me why the beef was not nice I would not be writing this review!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Moya03
Cranfield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We ate here on the recommendation of the landlady at a local B&B. My wife and I both had a truly excellent local steak and it was also very good value. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014