“Pays to Complain”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I hosted a communion party at UB's a few weeks ago. Although the party was scheduled to start @ 3PM, we (and another party) were delayed due to a previous party still being in the room. While waiting I had ordered my guests some beverages (alcohol and soda) while we were all crambed in the bar area. Not only did UB's not comp any of the beverages, they actually charged me for the 3 soda's ordered at the bar while waiting and soda was included in my package!
Oddly enough I was having a discussion with a stranger who happened to be at UB's that same day having a Chistening who had the same delay in addition to some other issues. Since that party complained, it seems that they were comp'd their entire bar bill! Bottom line, it pays to complain.

2  Thank Rob859

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Even though this is our local Italian fish/pasta restaurant, it is still my favorite any place I've been in any state. I have gone here for dinner, for lunch with friends, and even had celebration parties here. Thank you Uncle Bacala's for setting the standard and getting dinner right, every time.

1  Thank PattyG614
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While the food was good, the atmosphere was not. The restaurant is crowded and noisy. That's fine if I'm not paying a lot, but for an expensive meal...I would like a nice atmosphere. The portions are very generous. Again, I would rather a less costly dinner and less food. You just wind up taking half of the meal home with you to sit in the fridge and go stale. And there are too many gimmicks - coupons, etc., or a discount if the snow exceeds so many inches. I prefer just a straight out price, don't make me scrounge for a coupon or wait for a snowstorm to get a good price.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I wanted to take my sister and her family out to diiner as a thank you. The first resturant that my brother-in-law suggested was Uncle Bacala. It is a GREAT Itialian resturant.We ordered two appertizers for the table, which was enought fot the four of us. The entrees were delicious and large enough that we all requested "doggie bags".
Sevrice was quick and efficient; teh waiter also made some suggestions from the menu;as this was first time dining at this resturant.

1  Thank MMurphy_136
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a must try for anyone who likes baked Ziti. Bacala's ziti is to die for. They make it with fresh mozzarella cheese and it just melts in your mouth. Also love the balsamic vinaigrette Romanian steak, fried calamari appetizer, and, best of all, the free cotton candy at the end of the meal. The only thing that stopped me from giving this place 5 stars is the size of the restaurant. It is too small, cramped and crowded, always. All in all, if you are in Garden City Park or the surrounding area, stop in and see Pete, he'll treat you like family!