All reviewsthe ownerandorra la vellacatalandinnerfunicamp
Reviewed October 11, 2013

A small hotel just off the main street in Encamp. I have used this hotel for a few years as a base for skiing in Andorra. It is family owed, family run and the staff are great. Nothing is to much of a problem. Rooms and facilities have been updated. Meals although a set menu do have options and if you don't like what is offered there is an alternative menu. Hope to visit there again soon as its probably the best place to stay in Andorra.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are at the rear
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a low cost hotel I found in Andorra to go skiing on week-ends while we stay for weeks in Barcelona doing business. Since we don't want to spend much when we runaway on ski trips, I recommend this tiny hotel to anyone on a budget. Clean, good food, nice and helpful staff and close to sloaps.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alastair R
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had to make a quick trip to Andorra for a couple of days, for some business. I only needed a low cost, simple and discrete hotel. I am very glad I chose this one as staff are very warm and helpful, very clean rooms, good size beds and at a parish very close to the downtown area of Andorra but still with fresh air. You had dinner and I was surprised by the good quality of food. The owner is the cook. I recommend this hotel if you are not looking for something ostentous.

Room Tip: Request one of the suites, I was lucky to get one as I went in the middle of the week. They have a jaccuzzi.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Huda Intisaar A
Reviewed February 17, 2007

I was a bit apprehensive about this place as there were only 2 reviews and one of them were pretty poor. However Im glad that I went ahead and stayed there. This is definitely a nice hotel. We stayed here for 1 week as we went skiing and it cost us approximately £300 each for half board. The food was good, although it was a fixed menu in the evening. At the weekend they have a huge buffet and you can eat whatever you like. At breakfast there is a buffet and you can eat loads.

The staff were quiet but poilite and when we wanted to know anything they were very helpful. People may think they are not so friendly but this was not my experience. The girl and boy who worked in the dining room were nice and good at their jobs (they spoke a little english (they are portugese) the receptionist is from Argentina and her english was very good. The owner of the hotel is always around and he was fairly helpful too.

If I were to come back to Andorra I would definitely have no qualms as to stay here again. They even book ski lessons and ski passes, ski hire etc and you can get a 10% discount.

Forget that rubbish review that the person from London has written, the hotel has changed lots for the better.

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank belladonna73
Reviewed September 8, 2005

Whoever wrote the "Yuk" review does not know what a value this hotel really is. Our family stayed at this hotel four nights after traveling through France and staying at several other more expensive and smaller hotels. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating and even though we barely spoke Catalan, they were gald to speak English if the going was difficult. The rooms were large, clean and recently remodeled. The location is good with easy access to the main attractions. We were treated very well and the food was above average and inexpensive. We even received a trip to the Caldea as part of our package. We drove by car all over Andorra and visited almost every romantic church on the map. We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2005