“Different from standard local fare”

Restaurant Can Pere
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Anyos
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Delicious home cooked food,using the finest ingredients. Interesting and unusual dishes from around the world served in a friendly village restaurant with stunning mountain views.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It’s difficult writing about food. Two people getting the same meal from the same pot can see one giving a 1/5 and the other a 5/5. For me it was closer to a 5/5 end but here are some thoughts I hope will help you.

The restaurant is run by someone who originally hailed from the UK, so among other delights from around the world the menu reflects some typical favourites from there. Yes, expatriates love it there because in Andorra you will find tons of restaurants offering food which highlights the wealth of local cuisine (which you can get there, too) but if you want something a bit different go to Can Pere.

The owner sources FRESH local ingredients and sometimes even travels as far as Toulouse, France for some specialties, ingredients and spices.

The restaurant has been in existence for ages and has a clean family / homey feel to it. You will be relieved to see you’re NOT in a sterile, modern fly-by-night palace and that they have dispensed with gratuitous over the top presentations of the food. Go there, have a great time and enjoy good food made with clean, fresh ingredients.

Mushrooms – Dave, the owner/chef is VERY knowledgeable in anything mushrooms and can recite you all their latin names. Depending on the season and availability he will have something delicious made from ‘the pick of the day’ ;-) Ask him about it.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

No less an authority on cuisine than the UK award-winning cookery book author margaret Shaida called Dave's Can Pere "one of the best restaurants in the world". I have been a client of this fine restaurant for over twenty years. I have also been round the world over 50 times and have visited every continent. I found Dave one of the three best fish-and-chips ever. I return to Andorra with anticipation of my regular visits to his restaurant. He has catered beautifully every time for me as a family or business groups of up to 40 persons.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My visit to Can Pere was a nice surprise as I was not expecting to get such high quality food. It was obvious that the ingredients used were first class. I was amazed at the variety of dishes on the extensive menu. The prices reflected value for money but if people are on a tight budget it may not be suitable. I will definitely be going back and would not hesitate in recommending it. Happy eating!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was expensive and the quality mediocre. The menu is designed to appeal to English expats, of whom there were many in attendance. Really a disappointment given the many favourable reviews.

2  Thank 204Noggin
DAVEAndorra, Owner at Restaurant Can Pere, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I would like to say that I was very upset to read your review of my restaurant.. I care very deeply about my bussiness and was sorry to hear that you were disappointed The vast majority of my customers are extremely happy when they come to eat with us ,and always remark on what good value for money we are,and they cannot believe that so many of the dishes are home-made on the premises .I work very hard to maintain the quality of my produce and give my customers an interesting and well prepared meal.To call us mediocre I think is quite harsh,but your personal opinions have been noted and I thank -you for your visit,best regards Dave.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great food , Dave the owner and chef , very friendly and a perfect place for us ( family with 3 kids who eat a lot -Samosas a great hit ! ) .Also good wine list .