“Best choice for an airport hotel”

Ramada Moscow Domodedovo
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Domodedovo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

If you have to stay near the Moscow airport this is really your only reasonable choice.

The good:

It's 10 min from the airport
The food is reasonably good in the Resturant.
It's clean and the beds are comfortable
Nice staff, if your nice to them

The bad

My air conditioning did not work and it was really hot! Neither did it work in my friends room.
Room service didn't come one day
The breakfast buffet is poor at best
The shower is so small it's almost unusable
It's expensive

Well, it's an airport hotel and I'm not sure how much more you can expect from Ramada. It's a shame really, the hotel could be great if they just tried a bit harder. If I had to stay at the airport again I think I would give it another try. The alternatives are terrible.........

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Ramada Moscow Domodedovo

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I booked the room via Booking.com and paid it in full straight away, whilst I was checking-in the receptionist asked me how I would like to pay. When I stated that I have already paid, he told me that he needs to double-check and he was quite cold and arrogant. Their lift is really strange, it's spacious inside however the entrance door is really narrow and it makes it difficult to pull the luggage in. When we were at our room and started undressing to get a nap, the maid just opened the door and walked in, without knocking and apologizing. She locked the mini-bar and without saying a word and just left. It was quite shocking, taking into consideration that it was 1 AM, I locked the room immediately. The carpet in the room was stained even though the hotel was quite new. Next day when we were leaving I saw the shuttle-bus outside and asked the porter to advise the driver that we are leaving, I just wanted to check-out quickly. The porter told me to speak to the receptionist. The receptionist was dealing with other customers, so I had to run out myself and ask the driver to wait. Well I do not think I will go back... Just a weird experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katya L
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed one night in this hotel. It is not cheap, but there are no cheap hotels in Moscow. The room is clean and they have free wi-fi. There was a mini bar, with nothing inside, though. Unlikely other places in Moscow, the staff is very, very nice and speaks good english. I asked for a taxi at 3:30 am and they gave me a box with breakfast even without asking it. I would stay there again just for one night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Located just 10-15 minutes drive from the airport (depending on traffic), in a silent area, it’s a new and nice hotel.
The room was fine, clean, warm and spacious, but the walls are so thin that you can hear your neighbours talking and watching TV.
There is no tea/coffee in the room, no water and mini-bar is empty.
The restaurant offers only Russian food and they don’t have plastic bottles of water to take to your room!
Breakfast is really poor in assortment and quality, and the staff to clean and re-arrange the tables is almost absent.
The personnel is cold and unwelcoming: this gives a sad and depressing impression to the whole stay. Only the girls during my check-out were friendly and smiling.
Free Wi-fi in the whole hotel is a good point.
The other good service the hotel offers is the free shuttle bus to the airport each hour during the morning; to come to the hotel from the airport, you have to book and pay 700 rubles.
Service should be definitely improved to reach the usual Ramada standard.

1  Thank Taccola70
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Very Modern and Clean Hotel. Food was very good. Good Menu options.
Basic but good Breakfast Service.

Rooms are good and Wi Fi free, very convenient.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Ramada at Domodedovo is a few km from the airport in an industrial estate. It's a standard airport hotel, the staff are friendly, the rooms clean with fresh linen and comfortable beds, The restaurant is adequate and the service is pretty prompt for Russia; beware the karaoke singing to an empty room though. The receptionists speak good English, and security seems good. The air handling unit in one room I stayed in was incredibly noisy; fortunately I didn't need it. There is free wifi of a good speed. Walls between rooms are paper thin - I was woken three times in the night by next door's antics. There was no drinking water provided in the room, take your own. Breakfast is somewhat quirky - I couldn't find a glass for my juice one morning - but there's plenty of choice and it is perfectly adequate.
The hotel runs a shuttle service from Domodedovo on request. Don't wait until you've arrived to order it. Best is to send an email to the hotel info@ramadamoscow-domodedovo.com the day before giving them your travel arrangements and asking for the shuttle. You will be met outside the baggage hall by a very polite driver who will take your bag to the bus outside and drive you to the hotel. This can take a while - traffic is terrible. The service costs 700 rubles but is well worth it. The shuttles run free in the morning every hour from 0700, you can also book your own transport to the airport for 400 rubles. Allow at least 30m for the shuttle journey. All in all this is a good place to overnight if you're travelling through Domodedovo.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms on second floor - ask in advance.
2  Thank toomanybeds
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We read a few reviews quickly before booking. The hotel is clean and new. Staff are very friendly and make you feel very welcome. Wi-fi speed is fast, and it is free of charge. There is a shuttle bus running, but it is free of charge only until 13;00, after that the charge is 700rubbles. We arranged the bus to pick us up, called few days before our arrival to hotel reception. The bus was there on time. It is about 10minutes drive, so don't expect to be able to walk to hotel from airport. It is a good idea to book the bus, cause taxi drivers at aiport have irrational prices, and it is safer for you as well. OH, yeah, do try RAMADA DESSERT, it is so yammy! WE had it for dinner and breakfast! :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the suit, huge room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luv2travelverymuch10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Domodedovo
Airhotel Domodedovo
#1 of 1 in Kotlyakovo
Foresta Festival Park
Foresta Festival Park
#1 of 2 in Chekhov

Been to Ramada Moscow Domodedovo? Share your experiences!