Tweedsmuir Park Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bay Motor Hotel(Bella Coola)
View Hotel
Bella Coola Motel(Bella Coola)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe riverbear viewingbella coolasalmontop notchviewing platforman amazing experiencewonderful placebear seasontheir natural habitatbritish columbiafour dayslove this placeblack beansfirst nationsbald eaglesout of this world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We loved our stay at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge. Not alone is the natural beauty which surrounds the place, incredible breath taking but the lodge it self is like a home away from home...(perhaps nicer) The staff is wonderful, friendly and helpful and the food is incredible yummy (especial when one consider the location of the lodge, so far away from everywhere).
The cabins are very nice just make sure you do not go for the least expensive since this is a rather plain.
I hope to go back one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank morfarToronto
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is just short of paradise if you enjoy spectacular views, good food, excellent facilities and the chance to encounter local wildlife. Bears that is and to top it off sweeping bald eagles.
Yes, it is a journey to get here but well worth the trip. Spend some time to learn about the Nuxalk First Nations culture - well worth the time and effort.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank retired_dreamer
Grizzlyclaws, Guest Relations Manager at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 9, 2011

The unforgettable experience started as soon as we arived. We could not enter our cabin due to a bear that was leisurly eating grass and roots in front of the cabin. We took some great pictures and made instant friend with our neighbours. We had booked some additonal day trips with the lodge (a day hiking and half a day river drift). both trips where great. Not cheap but worth every dime.
The food served was great and it was great to eat with the other guests sharing experiences and stories. The entire staff was very friendly and hospitable. The days we spend here where the high point is a spectaculair trip to Canada.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Estiocat
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I love this place. My friend and I had just come down "the hill", she on her motorbike and me in her car. When we started the descent, it was 2 degrees C. and treacherous and it seemed to take forever. Then as we approached the spectacular Tweedsmuir Park the clouds suddenly parted, the sun broke through and the temperature had risen to a welcoming 14. We pulled into the lodge, she could barely get off her bike, She dragged herself muddy, cold and wet into the lodge hoping they might have room for us, and they did!!! Yayyy!! They invited us to join them for dinner, one of the brave guests said "you have 45 minutes to get into a better mood". Then I noticed the hottub! Ah, this must be heaven I thought. After a hot shower and a glass of wine, she was feeling better and went for dinner. They kindly sat us near the fireplace and we enjoyed one of the best meals I have ever eaten. By then I was convinced. Imagine that, they let me in!! I will definitely return and next time, commune with mother nature more intimately. But...I will make a reservation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank SusanDavenport
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Rob and I returned to UK on Monday having had the most wonderful holiday. We started on Vancouver Island and ended in Vancouver itself. On the way we stayed at the Tweedsmuir Park Lodge. What a revelation! Comfortable log cabins, views of grizzlies from the window (really! I was inside our lodge having just popped down to get a jacket) when a grizzley came walking by. Stunning yet startling. I stayed inside until he had gone. We had a good laugh about it. The food provided by Carol was delicious, All of the staff from the -catering side to the guides on the boats and walks were of a very high standard. Courteous and so friendly. If you are visiting Bella Coola to see the bears a stay at Tweedsmuir is a must. Thank you Wildlife Trails for arranging our fabulous trip.
Sue and Rob Stenner-Taylor