Anand Lodge(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$62
$47
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$117
$81
Premier Inn Tonbridge Hotel(Tonbridge)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$74
$72
Hadlow Manor(Hadlow)
Premier Inn Tonbridge North Hotel(Tonbridge)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$115
Russell Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$69
Salomons Estate(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$86
All reviewsprivate bathroomlocal pubsourced locallyhop farmkent countrysidesuperb breakfastquiet lanecomfy beddouble roomeach morningfull english breakfaston arrivalcooked breakfastyogurtbirling househost bobtonbridge
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Kent for us was always a County we zipped through on the way to France, Spain or Airports to far distant climates....how little we knew...

Only the quickest glance at any map would have revealed that Kent is jam packed with Historical Sites, Churches, Houses and Gardens of stunning and thoughtful beauty set in a land of rolling pastoral countryside and woodlands where hospitality and quality local produce is on offer at every turn.

And what of Bob and Birling House? well, nothing left to add, I would only be confirming everything they say on Trip advisor about Bob's B&B is true......a perfect five!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Wow! a big thumbs up for Kent (quite right too, as it realy is the star of any visit here). Being in the centre of such a beautiful and interesting area makes my role - ensuring a memorable visit - so much easier. I know that you had a great time, it was lovely having you stay here for long enough to really get the best out of your trip. Still lots to see so come back soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughter & I recently had a very enjoyable stay for 3 nights in the twin room at Birling House.The room was spotlessly clean & the beds very comfortable. We had our own large bathroom with a lovely shower. Bob, the owner, catered fully for our wheat intolerance at breakfast with lots of choice of cereals, toast & even locally produced wheat-free sausages in the cooked breakfast, which was delicious. This B&B is situated in a beautiful area with lots to see & do nearby. We had a very nice meal one evening in the local pub, which is just a walk along the lane. Other evenings we made ourselves a picnic in the consevatory & garden. Bob even washed up our plates for us! The best B&B I've stayed in & would definately return. Thanks Bob. (Hope the bee-keeping is going well!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy many of our very best places locally (and our great local pub!). My aim is simply to exceed your expectations so having the right ingredients to match my guests food preferences is an easy part of acheving my aim and the Kent Breakfast Award has helped me a lot. I know that you will return soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to Birling House. The bees are thriving and I hope to have my own honey on the table later this year!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived Bob the owner could not do enough for us. This small B and B is situated in a lovely part of the world with so much to do in the locality. We had a double room with private bathroom opposite. A super comfy bed and lots of choices regarding pillows duvets etc. Several kinds of tea and coffee available in the room along with a good few biscuits. The room was quiet at all times- the other was occupied but we never heard any one. Guests have the use of a lounge and conservatory with an abundance of current magazines and info leaflets. Bob had details of places to eat and it is possible to have a take away in the conservatory. Breakfast was wonderful. Porridge is available as is a full Kent breakfast. (I particularly liked the bubble and squeak!) Bob has the Kent breakfast award which means most produce is very local. The marmalade came from next door- no food miles there! Easy parking. We could not fault the facility.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

What a cracking review - thank you so much! It was great having you here, and so easy your having local friends to chauffer you to all the best places. I hope to see you back here soon, and I will keep the porridge supply topped up!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Birling House exceeded our expectations in every way. The whole B&B is spotlessly clean, our double bedroom very spacious with lovely linen and the bathroom was very modern with copious towels. Our room also had tea and coffee facilities and a hairdryer. Bob who owns the B&B is absolutely charming - hugely attentive without being overbearing in the slightest - and provided the most delicious breakfast. He went out of his way to help us find a taxi on the Sunday morning, even offering to drive us himself which was hugely appreciated. We only spent one night after a friend's wedding however wish we could have stayed for longer and will definitely be back! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am glad that I was able to contribute to a stress free weekend at your friends wedding. Come and stay for a long weekend (at least ! ) to explore some of the amazing places around here!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just spent a long weekend with friends here. Absolutely wonderful! Bob has got the formula spot on: clean, smart, comfortable, well provisioned and beautifully presented. We enjoyed the breakfasts, the availability of a private sitting room, the location, and Bob's friendly welcome. Nothing too much trouble - not only did Bob provide plates for our takeaway, he provided a plate-warmer and even switched it on for us at the appropriate time. What a nice guy, what a brilliant place to stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for such a generous review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed some of Kents best (and secret) attractions, especially Great Dixter in full bloom!
Lots still to see, so come back soon!