“Beauty treatment”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Hull, Yorkshire, England
“Beauty treatment”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Just had a lovely hour with Steph, the Beauty therapist. It was my second visit and she was just as friendly and helpful as the first visit, and I will definitely visit her for beauty treatments again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank HullGirl246

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I am not a fan of the Best Western group. In general I find their hotels disappointing. Willerby Manor though has a great team of people and it makes all the difference. The hotel is located in a residential area. The frontage is okay but the rear is beautiful. Pretty grounds and everything spotlessly tidy. The bistro/bar is very pleasant and overlloks the gardens. In the warm weather this would be a little haven. Cooking very good and service superb. A little pricey for what it is.

The bedroom, whilst clean and comfortable was somewhat dated and this is why it is a 4 not 5. The bed was a small double and not particularly comfortable. However, we had a beautiful view over the gardens and it was very quiet. Breakfast is a bit of a sombre affair although the staff were lovely. Overall a pleasant stay but I would probably prefer something more modern.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We felt relaxed after a weekend of swimming, soaking in the jacuzzi and a little stint in the gym. Just amazing facilities for a hotel. We ate in the Figs bistro choosing from the chalk board. I had sea bass and my wife had pork loins. The food was just wonderful. We thought the service was tip top and felt very pampered. Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is superb in all aspects the staff are very friendly, professional and helpful, it is very clean and tidy the rooms have fabulous beds and are very clean. The health club is friendly, clean and well run from the gym to the pool and steam room / sauna. Food portions are fine and the food is cooked to a superb standard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Awful customer service skills. My family and myself came here yesterday for a drink but got told to book a table just incase it was busy in which we did so. When we arrived we were in the middle of all the other tables and right in front of the door which wasn't really an issue, they had set the tables with knives and forks and menus as they thought we were eating... As soon as they found out we weren't eating they immediately took the menus and forks etc away from us. So we ordered our drinks and it was mainly a girl who served us throughout our visit, as the waiter and waitress brought our drinks over they both looked so miserable making it quite clear they didn't want to be there which came across in a rude way and did not smile once throughout the time we were there. Especially the girl. I work with customers through out the day as well as in a well presented restaurant and I would go above and beyond to make my customers happy. Anyway the waitress told us if we wanted any food or drinks to write it down on a bit of paper (don't quite see the logic in that) and hand it in to the bar in which I did I ordered the homemade tomato soup for big kids and some chunky chips. When it came the portion of the soup and the chips were tiny I know it was for 'big kids' but it was about a fiver the cost for the both of them was about £7 it was ridiculous. We then asked for the bill and that was also very expensive as we had 1 or 2 drinks each and it came to about £50/£60 for the 6 of us!!! We then handed the bill in to the waitress and got back another persons bill with their money? So we had to take that back to the bar not to mention the waitress was slouched across the bar and did not acknowledge any table once whilst we were there!! When they brought us back the correct amount of change we left about a 50p tip. Rubbish customer service skills and wouldn't come back here again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hally17
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Although the name suggests a country location this hotel is in the middle of a residential area. The exterior is not at all prepossessing and has a rather institutional look - hence 4 rather than 5 stars. I believe there are pleasant gardens round the back but on a cold March night I did not investigate. However the interior was pleasant and warm and the staff were unfailingly pleasant. My room was quiet, comfortable and well-equipped. My evening meal in the brasserie was well-prepared, good value and served with courtesy. For the (discount) price I paid for the night I thought it was good value. I did not have breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!