“Does the job”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Does the job”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was large if a little dated but certainly clean and warm enough. Bed was comfy. Food was brasserie style and quite good but the bar area where the food is served is not the largest. Room numbers a bit confusing on lower floor. It was fine for an overnight business trip and breakfast area was adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Willerby Manor is a good choice if you want a quiet location near the motorway/Humber Bridge but don't need to be in the town centre. We had an Executive Room which was a good size though the shower above the bath set up let it down a little. On the plus side the WiFi is free and the brasserie serves up tasty, good value food; breakfast was very good too. All the staff were friendly and aiming to please. Only major drawback was the very firm beds - if you like a very firm bed then fine but if you don't you may want to check if all rooms have the same beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Driffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

What can I say other then THANK YOU - it was all that I wanted ....and more besides!

Rachel was just such a fantstic event co ordinator , nothing was too much trouble, the mangement on the night of the event were fantastic... even though the numbers kept changing due to the weather conditions! Everything went like clock work - the service & food were amazing and I mean amazing ....160 people and not one person had anything but praise .....I asked for medium rare beef and it was PERFECT!!!!! The vegetables were cooked to perfection and when you are cooking for that number of people its not easy to get it right...it was so right ...it was perfect - I had over 50 cards after the event and every single one praised the Willerby Manor, they got it right ...so right! I would not heistate to do it again ....so roll on our silver wedding

The only one and single criticism was the 'front of house' where despite booking a fairly significant quantity of rooms the reception management were not what I would have expected, lets hope when I book the next party that this is resolved ....but I will reiterate we had a fab time so THANK YOU Willerby Manor - heres to our next celebration!!!! ps. 22 of us had lunch in the brasserie , fab food and amazing service - just a joy which helped to make my day perfect THANK YOU very much!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jaxi66
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

After winning a Free Nights Complimentary Bed & Breakfast for 2 in a works christmas raffle I booked my free night with them no problems.
When arriving with my Wife we were not sure how this was going to be as it was "Free" we expected the worst.
But we had a very very lovely room, very clean, very comfy double bed it had everything we needed to enjoy our prize for the night. The room was lovely and warm the lighting was so cozy it really felt like home for the night.
The Menu for the evening meal was a little expensive but we ate out at a local pub nearby which was half the price.
The next morning Breakfast was set in a gorgeous dining room all beautifully decorated plenty of happy to help waiters,
We ordered out breakfast which was lovely.
The staff were lovely thank you

• Stayed January 2013
Crowthorne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just stayed overnight after taking son back to Hull Uni. Got a great DB&B deal via the Best Western website, and enjoyed an excellent dinner and breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful, spacious well-equipped bedroom. Made use of the lovely pool and steam room, and tried out the gym which had a good range of equipment and helpful staff. Shame we only stayed for one night, but will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Leeds
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited the Willerby Manor last weekend as I wanted to view the hotel’s conference and events facilities. It has always had a good reputation in the local area, and had been recommended to me by colleagues. First impressions were good, I was welcomed warmly and professionally by the receptionist, and the reception area was modern and inviting. She asked me to take a seat in the reception area whilst she called the conference and events office. It was at this point it all went downhill!!!! I presume the initial person she called said they were busy, and she was obviously told to try calling someone else! I waited patiently whilst several additional calls were made; to finally be greeted with (I am assuming) the original person called from the conference office! I appreciated that I didn’t have an appointment as such, and it was 4.30pm on a Saturday, but felt a bit of a nuisance at wanting to have a look around, and also slightly embarrassed for the girl on reception. This taken into consideration, I would still consider using the hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AJLEEDS37
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were visiting a relative in hospital in Hull. The welcome at reception was warm and efficient. We were allocated an executive room which was well furbished and very peaceful. The bathroom was spotlessly clean with a very efficient shower. The windows overlooked a delightful garden which really conveyed a peaceful country location. My only criticism of the room was the mattress on the bed which was a little low. However we both slept well following a stressful day.
Fig's Basserie is a real asset to the hotel. The menu is extensive and my fillet steak was superb. The service is attentive without being intrusive and we were given a warm welcome at breakfast the following morning. The full English breakfast is freshly cooked and the sausage and bacon is obviously locally sourced. I don't like having to make my own toast but that is just a personal foible and didn't spoil my overral enjoyment of our stay. This hotel is a gem, and I commend all the staff who made our stay so relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive garden facing room to full appreciate the tranquil location of the hotel.