We stay at this hotel whenever we're visiting my 97 year old aunt who lives in a nursing home nearby.
The hotel is clean and welcoming. The reception, bar and restaurant are all modern and bright and the staff all very pleasant and helpful. My only criticism of the bar is their insistence of having the air conditioning blasting out even on cooler days and it's hard to find a table away from the icy blasts. However, a polite request to the bar staff usually results in it being turned down a little.
The menu choices are good and the food we have had has all been excellent.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. However, the pillows are so soft that, despite having two pillows, my head sinks in so low that it feels like there are no pillows at all. I even resorted to taking my own pillows with me on our last visit.
If you have lots of things you want to plug in, forget it. With only one spare plug socket when the TV is on it is impossible to use the kettle, hairdryer and charge a phone or use a laptop at the same time. A definite area for improvement, but really only a minor hitch.
The heating in the room is easily controlled and very efficient.
The bathroom is clean and comes with a shower over the bath. The shower controls can be a bit temperamental and the water pressure is not great, but I've had worse. Shampoo/conditioner and bath gel are supplied, but no other toiletries.
On the whole it's a lovely hotel and we have no hesitation in re-booking every time we visit my aunt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find a peaceful sanctuary at 4* Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, a 19th century manor house nestled in 12 acres of landscaped gardens. The red-brick Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel is flanked by rolling lawns and tucked away in chocolate-box East Yorkshire countryside. Stained-glass stairwells and manicured grounds date back to the halcyon days of this 19th Century manor house, nestled in picturesque Willerby just five miles outside of Hull, the city of culture for 2017. Humberside Airport is just 20 minutes away. Invite your delegates to the largest events hotel in East Yorkshire - we can host up to 550 people at a conference. Or make this your mini-break base for Beverley Races or The Deep aquarium - both just five miles away. Kick back and relax in our onsite Feel Good Health Club equipped with an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirl pool and gym. All bedrooms feature a flat-screen TV and complimentary high speed WiFi. Some of our classic rooms look out over the landscaped gardens or the courtyard. Keep an eye on the kids in our interconnecting rooms. In privilege and superior rooms you can enjoy complimentary unlimited movies, a Nespresso coffee machine, newspaper, robe and slippers. Complimentary high speed WiFi is available in all of our 10 naturally lit meeting rooms, the bar and our lounge. Our landscaped gardens make the perfect wedding snap backdrop. Complimentary high speed WiFi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hotel Hull
- Ramada Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Ramada