“Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Hull
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just arrived home ti Ibiza having spent two nights at this hotel. Having looked at the reviews after we booked we were apprehensive as it has some bad ones . However I would say these are totally unfounded. The hotel is clean, very nicely decorated, and the facilities are great.The rooms are lovely, modern and very well presented The food was amazing, albeit a little expensive, but frankly worth it. The staff were friendly and very, very helpful at all times. The spa, fitness and pool facilities were great and staffed by a very nice young man. The housekeeping staff were very nice and very helpful, they couldn't do enough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value for money and in a beautiful setting and a great nights sleep thanks to amazing pillows !! One thing which could improve it would be a mini bar/fridge in the rooms but that's just being greedy really !!! Well done to all of you - a fabulous two nights, thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank HeatherWebsterShaw
Glyn J, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guests,

We really do appreciate being linked to fabulous, so thank you!

It is difficult to know what to say but your words have truly lifted our spirits.

We are so glad you left the sunshine behind when you returned home, but sorry if it was in short supply whilst you were here.

All the team hope you will come back and see us again, when we will be happy to provide a fridge in your room.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Never ever book to stay at this place rooms are poor food is poor and drinks if available are far too expensive .... Showers just run down the dated tiles as there's no pressure stained carpets poorly trained staff no glasses or beer at the bar food over priced I'm not fussy but if your paying over the odds you expect some standards. I would never stay in this hotel again ... EVER !!!!!

2 Thank Steh81
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your views on tripadviser.

We are sorry that you feel this way and I would be happy to discuss your issues further if you would like to call me.

We hope that you will be able to find accommodation next time you are in the area that betters suits your needs.

Travelers are raving about these Willerby hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

had a weekend break and really enjoyed my stay.the food was very good and the staff very friendly.the pool and gym is an added bonus and the location of the hotel is excellent as it was nice and peacefull.cant wait for my next visit

1 Thank bazmeerkat
Glyn J, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and grading of the weekend break you enjoyed with us here at Grange Park.

We are delighted that your stay was to your liking and that the team looked after you.

We hope it won’t be too long before you visit again.

Best regards,
Grimsby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We came here with a Wedding Party, due to the couples son becoming very poorly they had to cancel the whole wedding, i explained this to the company to see if we could get a refund the answer was a straight NO, we decided to go for the night anyway, I wish to god I never bothered on arrival we were greeted with a grunt from what I can only explain as a middle aged man with a serious Snooty problem, after he had barked at me to complete a form, we asked if the restaurant was still serving food he just nodded, once in the room, we found the carpets were worn and tattered, the bathroom Cleary had blocked drains it made the bathroom smell of dirty nappies, the mattress was far to small for the base making the bed very uncomfortable, in a bid to rescue the night I opened my bottle of wine only to fine the glasses were unusable one was covered in lipstick the other had some sort of brown stain at the bottom, the next morning I went out for a cigarette a young red head girl behind the reception looked at me as if I was something she has trodden in, by this point id have enough I couldn’t wait to leave, as me and my partner checked out we put our key on the desk, the middle aged guy snatched our key and turned his back, not only did he say NOTHING he didn’t even look at us, I have to say I have never been so intimidated in my life, both the workers behind the reception could do with some intensive training on customer service as well as Equality and Diversity, as for the hotel the saying “all fur coat and no knickers” springs to mind.

Room Tip: Run towards the hills would be your best bet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Debbie C
Dear Debbie C,

Thank you for sharing your views on tripadviser along with your travel companion Leaha6901 who also reviewed on 15th June.

We understand that you booked a prepaid discounted rate on an internet booking site to attend a wedding reception in the area and we were sorry to hear the reasons for their event not taking place.

Unfortunately, the booking agent would be unlikely to return the room charge as their terms and conditions specifically state that the price does not allow for any changes or alterations to be made.

We are sorry that you did not feel welcome when you stayed as we normally pride ourselves on being a friendly place to visit. Please be assured that the Reception Manager will share your feedback with her team to make any necessary improvements.

Your comments allow us to revisit our service levels and we thank you again for sharing them with us.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to this hotel as part of a deal with several friends for a chilling weekend away. Easy to locate, back of the homebase and waitrose. Grounds are pleasant, nice reception area. Check in simple, we were given a ground floor room. The walk through to our room took us through the back of the hotel, through the conservatory. Lovely view, but bit of a musty smell. The room was quite dated but spotlessy clean. Bed quite hard but everything in order. Hair dryer in the room. Evening meal and breakfast great value for money, lots of choice and big portions. Recommend the roast beef dinner. Lovely tender meat. Staff seemed polite enough but the only ones who seemed to make a genuine effort were the evening waitresses. We actually clubbed together for a tip for them. They went out of their way to look after us all. The gym is small but perfectly. Small pool which was a little grimy around the sides of the pool. We had everything to ourselves which was nice. The main thing that would make me reluctant to return was the price of drinks. My husband ordered a cider. I asked for a half a Guinness. I was told its in cans so had to take a pint. Two drinks came to £8. The following evening my friend and myself ordered a hot chocolate with baileys. Again £8.20. I have however stayed in four stars not as clean as this hotel. All in all good value for money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Glyn J, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Amanda,

Thanks for sharing your relaxing weekend with us here in Willerby.

We are glad that you found us easily and that in the main we delivered all that you were looking for.

Our housekeeping team thank you for sharing your views about their cleanliness and the chef was delighted that you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast.

The evening waitresses often receive recognition for being attentive and will be so motivated by your comments.

I asked leisure to look at the spa cleaning records, which I believe you may be referring to as our main pool is 15 x 8 meters and can confirm that all is in order.

Drinks prices in hotels are often a little higher than elsewhere but are set in line with similar venues in the area.

We hope you will consider another “value for money” break here in the future.

Best wishes,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

On arrival we were I wouldn't say greeted more like grunted at by a middle age fellow we put it down to him having a bad day, we went to our room with no idea about wether food in the resterant was still serving as it was 9:00 at night, we chose to go to the local beefeater, on out return again nothing from the reception staff, once settled I found I couldn't have a drink as the glasses were filty one had some sort of brown stuff at the bottom the other had lipstick marks on it, bed was very uncomfortable, in the morning I went for my morning cigarette the red haired girl behind reception looked at me as I was something she had stepped in, at this point I couldn't wait to get out of this place on our departure we put the card in the reception desk the middle aged fellow said nothing he didn't even look at us, couldn't help this hotel is "all fur coat and no knickers" kinda place snotty is not the word

1 Thank Leaha6901
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your views on tripadviser.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
#1 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel? Share your experiences!