I had visited the place with my Office friends from IBM it was worth every penny spent.It's an awesome getaway, for youngsters and families alike! The food is great and the people very hospitable. There's enough activities for you to go over through the day. The morning trek with coffee plantation trekking and the personal bonfire in the evening together, make this experience memorable. P. S. : The last 10 kilometers to the resort take you through very scenic hilly yet patchy roads and might bother novice drivers.
Stayed with family 2 nights and 3 days. A great experience. Beautiful clean and well furnished cottages in the midst of rain forest of silver oak with black pepper creepers and coffee estate of Western Ghat. Excellent hospitality. Owners take personal care of the guests to make a homely stay. Excellent spread of food. Arrangements for sight seeing by jeep was very good. It has been a pleasant experience and looking forward to come again.
The place is not possible to locate on iphone users.
Not value for Money you spend there, you can get better places at same cost @ chikmagalur.
The owners are very stingy and new to the business may be, they think thrice before issuing a disposable glass or plate.
Only Veg food they serve, Non veg dishes they procure from out side and they charge bomb after adding their Margins @ 200%.
Coffee Bean Estate Villa/Homestay -
Situated in a place between Sakleshpura (part of Hassan district, Karnataka) and Chikamagalur (Chikamagalur district, Karnataka) is a breath of absolute fresh air for the uber cool uber users of the Urban city.
The homestay is surrounded by coffee plantations, jackfruit trees, plantations of various spices such as pepper.
The homestay had a personal garden that hosted a series of flowers which were a delight to look at early in the morning.
The host (also the son of the owners of the Homestay) Dhanush did a splendid job in terms of hospitality. He was considerate, courteous, kind and helpful with the guests and their travel/stay experience.
The food was brilliant on day one. The varieties of food included the best of South Indian dishes all homemade in the kitchen. Chandramma and aunty (helpers at home) were very sweet to talk to.
The house was red mud floored with an old fashioned architecture that reminded me of my grandma's house.
The place has no signal whatsoever. It's a signal free area which enables/forces you to throw away your phone for a game of ball with friends and family.
We played the good old lock and key along with badminton and throw ball. Sports equipment are provided by the homestay. You can choose from football, basketball, cricket as well.
We also witnessed something beautiful apart from all the above mentioned details. There were at least six to seven elderly couples (young at heart). They were atleast over 60 years of age and they had come on a trip and were seen living every moment of their lives in the homestay. We saw them take group selfies, playing throwball, attempting to start a bon fire and discussing places to explore in Sakleshpura. Inspiration of friendship goals poured into us.
So cool no?
I usually don't take efforts to write a review on any place, but this place has left me speechless. The beautiful arrangements and the surrounding is worth the stay. The cleanliness, ambience and friendly staff is what I would rate 10 on 10. Keep it up guys. Surely looking forward to come here again!!!!
Best place to stay. Love the hospitality. Food was awesome. Rooms were clean. Autenticate karnataka food
We (family of four) stay overnight at Coffee Bean villa in April 2017. Dhanush, the owners' son, was pleasant when we called over phone to inquire. The villa is nice but the attitude of Dhanush's parents left a bad taste overall.
- reasonably clean rooms
- scenic location
- We found the owners extremely stingy and calculative about food. Coffee and tea were watery and served in the smallest possible cups. We had clearly mentioned our kids' ages as well as my husband's special dietary needs to Dhanush over phone at the time of booking. Dhanush's mom was irritable - she had made exactly 2 chappatis for each of us for dinner and the side dish was of average taste and also of insufficient quantity. When I requested her for more chappatis, she was initially very reluctant but finally agreed to make more. Again curd was insufficient and when we requested for more, we were shocked to see the landlady just dilute the left over curd with water and bring it back.
- Bed linen did not seem freshly washed although the landlord claimed it was (we could see some stains and it did not smell great)
- The attached bathroom geyser wasn't working, so we had to use a common bathroom
- When we requested for omelettes (I had clearly mentioned this requirement to Dhanush as well as his parents), again the landlady asked me how many I wanted and his dad made exactly 3 small ones; when we asked for more, she looked very displeased. Rava upma (not well cooked) was served for breakfast again with no chutney or side dish except pickle.
- We decided not to raise these issues as we wanted to have a pleasant vacation. When we were about to leave, Dhanush specifically asked for our feedback about the stay and food. I highlighted the positives and then mentioned that food was subpar. Then came the big shock. Dhanush's mom darted out from the kitchen and started yelling at me. Till that point, I was willing to give her some leeway for her old age but this is simply no way to treat a paying guest. She even said that the other family that was staying was happy with her food! It was really mean of her to compare our eating habit with someone else's. Dhanush, to his credit, was apologetic of his mom's behavior. He said I could feel free to ask for more food but his mom had flat refused to make chutney for the upma earlier. Dhanush mentioned that the cook did not show up and his mom was unable to manage the cooking (not sure if this was true but definitely the meals were subpar by modest cooking standards). This place is OK if you are happy with light, rice based meals. If you are looking for hearty, tasty meals and owners who enjoy cooking for guests, avoid at all costs or take your own food!