Best place to stay. Love the hospitality. Food was awesome. Rooms were clean. Autenticate karnataka food
We (family of four) stay overnight at Coffee Bean villa in April 2017. Dhanush, the owners' son, was pleasant when we called over phone to inquire. The villa is nice but the attitude of Dhanush's parents left a bad taste overall.
- reasonably clean rooms
- scenic location
- We found the owners extremely stingy and calculative about food. Coffee and tea were watery and served in the smallest possible cups. We had clearly mentioned our kids' ages as well as my husband's special dietary needs to Dhanush over phone at the time of booking. Dhanush's mom was irritable - she had made exactly 2 chappatis for each of us for dinner and the side dish was of average taste and also of insufficient quantity. When I requested her for more chappatis, she was initially very reluctant but finally agreed to make more. Again curd was insufficient and when we requested for more, we were shocked to see the landlady just dilute the left over curd with water and bring it back.
- Bed linen did not seem freshly washed although the landlord claimed it was (we could see some stains and it did not smell great)
- The attached bathroom geyser wasn't working, so we had to use a common bathroom
- When we requested for omelettes (I had clearly mentioned this requirement to Dhanush as well as his parents), again the landlady asked me how many I wanted and his dad made exactly 3 small ones; when we asked for more, she looked very displeased. Rava upma (not well cooked) was served for breakfast again with no chutney or side dish except pickle.
- We decided not to raise these issues as we wanted to have a pleasant vacation. When we were about to leave, Dhanush specifically asked for our feedback about the stay and food. I highlighted the positives and then mentioned that food was subpar. Then came the big shock. Dhanush's mom darted out from the kitchen and started yelling at me. Till that point, I was willing to give her some leeway for her old age but this is simply no way to treat a paying guest. She even said that the other family that was staying was happy with her food! It was really mean of her to compare our eating habit with someone else's. Dhanush, to his credit, was apologetic of his mom's behavior. He said I could feel free to ask for more food but his mom had flat refused to make chutney for the upma earlier. Dhanush mentioned that the cook did not show up and his mom was unable to manage the cooking (not sure if this was true but definitely the meals were subpar by modest cooking standards). This place is OK if you are happy with light, rice based meals. If you are looking for hearty, tasty meals and owners who enjoy cooking for guests, avoid at all costs or take your own food!
It was a wonderful stay and liked the warmth, love and affection of the family. No mobile network did cause some inconvenience as I had some business dependencies, suggest you to be prepared for it. Food was pleasant and liked it. There could be small enhanced improvement in the food and it's nice vegetarian cuisine. We felt like being with our own family and they made us feel like we were in our own house during the period of stay. Dhanush is a wonderful person along with his parents who are very caring and loving . For a unique, serene and homely stay, please do visit this place.
We stayed here for 2 nights. The hosts are extremely down to earth. We had a pleasant stay.. The villa is spacious, rooms are neat, The nature, the homely food prepared by Dhanush's mom especially akki rotti and pulav were too delicious, literally no network on our mobiles (We love to be away from our mobiles on a holiday), serene atmosphere, huge bungalow situated amidst coffee estate, we love pets and their pet is supposed to be a ferocious dog but he became our friend, away from busy city life summed up to a perfect holiday. Was totally relaxed. They arrange bonfire, barbeque, tent stay etc. There are facilities to play cricket, badminton, disc throw, dart, housie, ludo, snakes n ladder, carrom, cards etc. Coffee bean villa gives you the feeling of home away from home close to nature. And yes, if you are lucky enough, you can spot beautiful peacocks in the vicinity during an early morning walk.
We will surely visit again.
Nice place for a weekend gateway away from the crowd and in the lap of nature. Host is very friendly. Good atmosphere and absolute privacy on the 1st floor. Terrace is awesome. Lovely weather. Very quiet midst of coffee estate...recommend for family visit. Truthful party.
Once we confirmed the booking i have been asking to send the menu for many times but no reply from Dhanush for that.
Once we reached there and saw the food was really terrible.Dinner menu is tamarind rice and Curd rice for Veg and only Chicken Briyani(Average taste) for Non-Veg.
After we got up and came to know the breakfast is only Upma which no one liked it.
This is not worthy place to hangout with Friends or with Colleagues better dont go there only
I will never recommend this to anyone in Future and 1 star is only for stay but its not worth for 1 start also.
Last but not least the owner is not ready to give the Invoice until we give the 5 Star and advising people not to go there just by seeing the start ratings bcz now we came to know how it got this ratings.
Its Amazing trip ever I had in entire life.... we both enjoyed a lot... Good nature , clouds, good food prepared like own home made food, good hospitality and caring ...dear friends please visit at least one time you will get to know.... It's amazing